LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Sherry, that is just wonderful, truly a miracle...

George, Marilyn and Geoffrey have booked the Vision cruise too...they told us about it a few weeks ago. We really liked the itinerary (and the price;)) but couldn't find reasonable airfare. We sailed on the Vision to the Fjords just after Matthew, in May, and found both the ship and the staff delightful.

Sue

Sorry for any confusion by mentioning the 30th, but here in the UK we don't officially change the clocks until 2 a.m. on the day of Sunday the 30th, but most people will change them before they retire on the 29th unless you're out partying like the gay boys until the early hours of the morning!:D

HEY HEY Peter...........you "BOYS" will not be alone! :D

George' date=' Marilyn and Geoffrey have booked the Vision cruise too...they told us about it a few weeks ago. We really liked the itinerary (and the price;)) but couldn't find reasonable airfare. We sailed on the Vision to the Fjords just after Matthew, in May, and found both the ship and the staff delightful.[/size']

Sue

Sue Swissair are doing great prices out of Manchester

Another busy busy day....really excited about next week. My son has never been married and he is 47, never found the right one until now usually went out with bimbo's the barbie type and finally 'grew up'..Linda is truly perfect for him and he is sooooo happy and we are too.

Update on Kyle, they are letting him home on September 1st which is the best news better t han him having to go to Bakersfield, California so all good news...it is such a wonderful thing for him and his family...they will be returning with Jessica, their 2 year old Dean and the new baby Jaxon who will arrive on the 17th...

PETE we will be joining you too.... we are so glad we found this RC and you accepted us too.

Sue Swissair are doing great prices out of Manchester

Thanks George, I'll have a look....although Steve is in Victor Meldrew mode at the moment....seems to think that 5 trips this year are enough for anyone;)

Sue

Edited by Sue'n'Steve

George, sorry meant to say, great deal with Swiss, I presume via Zurich and a great deal on the cruise too, especially for a 10 day sailing.

I hope everyone will be 'throwing some moves' in the Catacombs! This is as long as the DJ isn't as self indulgent as I've experienced on previous Freedom class sailings and plays some decent music.

Must make sure I have relaxing days before trying to stay up after midnight!:D

George, sorry meant to say, great deal with Swiss, I presume via Zurich and a great deal on the cruise too, especially for a 10 day sailing.

I hope everyone will be 'throwing some moves' in the Catacombs! This is as long as the DJ isn't as self indulgent as I've experienced on previous Freedom class sailings and plays some decent music.

Must make sure I have relaxing days before trying to stay up after midnight!:D

As long as they play some great music from the '60s we'll be on the dance floor. OK, and from the '70s too.....:D

Oh, big news from the Weight Watchers front. Today I was .2 lb BELOW my goal weight!! Whoo Hooooo!! Mind you now, I am not by any means "skinny," but I feel sooooooooo much better and at least don't mind how I look in my clothes. I'd like to drop a few more lbs before we leave for vacation so I have a little cushion....;) Now the trick will be to keep it off:o

Oh, big news from the Weight Watchers front. Today I was .2 lb BELOW my goal weight!! Whoo Hooooo!! Mind you now, I am not by any means "skinny," but I feel sooooooooo much better and at least don't mind how I look in my clothes. I'd like to drop a few more lbs before we leave for vacation so I have a little cushion....;) Now the trick will be to keep it off:o

Well done Karen, what an achievement:)

Sue

Karen, thats some of that good news we have been yearning for. Congratulations.

Sherry, great news about Kyle's release from rehab. Im sure being home will be a great motivator towards further improvements.

Donna

Great News on weight loss...Have not been able to get into our games today on FB, am not avoiding you ;)!!!

Edited by jillybabes

Another busy busy day....really excited about next week. My son has never been married and he is 47, never found the right one until now usually went out with bimbo's the barbie type and finally 'grew up'..Linda is truly perfect for him and he is sooooo happy and we are too.

Update on Kyle, they are letting him home on September 1st which is the best news better t han him having to go to Bakersfield, California so all good news...it is such a wonderful thing for him and his family...they will be returning with Jessica, their 2 year old Dean and the new baby Jaxon who will arrive on the 17th...

PETE we will be joining you too.... we are so glad we found this RC and you accepted us too.

Sherry, great news about Kyle - more well wishes and prayers for all involved.

My grandmother's brother was 47 when he "settled down" and married. His bride was 12 yrs younger - talk about "robb'n the cradle.":) Fortunately, he lived to see their 50th anniversary and a year to spare!

Julie and I may look like fish out of water on the dance floor, but we'll give it our best shot at bust'n some moves. Funny how on a cruise ship the nights just aren't long enough:(. Play just about anything and we're fine, although I can live without the gangsta rapp'n hiphop stuff. Prefer 50's to 70's, and some 80's:cool:. Ya know, the 80's were just not a pretty time for music, fashion or hair:eek::p.

I am with you on the music from 60s and 70s. In fact the 70s night is usually the only time I can get John up on the dance floor although we did manage 'Let's Twist Again' on the 60s night on Princess last month.

Karen, how wonderful to be below Goal weight. I have never got anywhere near Goal, that is an unimaginable 3 stone away (42 lbs!!!!). However, I did manage a 1.5 lb loss again this week, so nil desperandum.

Sherry, great update on Kyle and so pleased to hear that he can go home. I do hope you all have a wonderful time at the wedding. I loved your comment about the types of girls he used to date, a great mental picture.

Well I am shattered, so off to bed shortly. I was rehearsing till 11.00pm and even though I haven't been out specially for a walk, I have clocked up almost 12,000 steps on my pedometer today, just through being very busy.

Night night, Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

OK apologies now if I miss anything or anyone but I think by brain is mashed at the moment.

Karen, congrats on the the results, I've got 11 weeks to go to get into those Speedos, not!!!

Sherry - so fantastic news on Kyle, I think it is wonderful.

As for the music in the disco, sorry folks but from recent experience we're not going to get stuff from the era we want. mmmm, perhaps a 14 night sailing means we can get our own way in the request stakes.

OK I need (demand) the following:

Beyonce

Pink

Lady Gaga

Madonna

Katy Perry

Britney

Kylie (mmm, may not be familiar to my US friends)

Cher

Does anyone think there's a gay theme here?:D

Mike we are so surprised he is finally settling down.... his ideal girl was blonde, big boops, skinny, etc.... Linda actually is all of those except she is dark haired but not a bimbo, a paralegal and not a floozy.....

Karen what a great achievement good for you... yes leave a little cushion for those scones and cream at tea time.:)

For my English friends I just downloaded June Brown's, who do you think you are.... we have that show here but I am very interested in seeing her heritage.

In our much younger days Ivor and I won several Rock and Roll contest, especially dancing to Rock Around the Clock....he even came in 2nd, [not with me but a cruising friends daughter] in the 50's night on a RCC cruise, have the T-shirt to prove it...

Off to watch Young and the Restless, then Eastenders....night night

Hi All.......Well it been about 15 months since I posted and figured it might be time to jump back into the FUN. Blame me.....I was the guy who invited the main thread posters to come on over here if they wanted to blog at a managable pace...if you all remember....those first months were justs NUTS on the main thread. Funny....I did the invite then floated away. Anyway......we are Mike and Bill from Southern California, We live in Downtown Huntington Beach with a weekend Home in Palm Springs which is about 110 miles away. It is one of the largest gay communities in the US and retirement area. We just paid the final payment a few days ago so we are IN! Looking forward to the next several months of blogging and getting to know all of you and hopefully creating some long time friends.

This is our first European and TA cruise but will be our 34th cruise over all. We use to cruise 4 to 5 times a year....RCL out of LA....but those are long gone so this is the longest time we have gone without cruising. We did do the Oasis last Halloween so this will be our 3rd Halloween cruise. As our signiture states...we are D+ so you will see us in the CL every night....love Cape Cods and Cosmo's, and lot's of them...Ha ha ha!

We have done nothing at looking at what we are doing yet...hopefully in the next several weeks. We are more outdoor guys, and being this is our 4th time to Europe and first to Spain....I am thinking more Bike tours or something totally different then the usual Buildings and Churches and Museums. Any Ideas from some of you would be appreciated.

The only differance from almost everybody else on these threads....we are flying in on the day the cruise Leaves.....I know it is not the best choice...but we are still WORKING BOYZ.....so vacation time is most important to us and we like doing other things throughout the year.

I am on usually late at night...west coast time...but I will look in the morning before work. Well, thats my intro....we are on Cruise fellows with our pictures, I am the one on the right..... if you want to see what we look like..... I have been reading all of the pages to catch up....so hopefully I can just jump in. I am another Mike so I might need to go by another name to keep all of the Mikes seperate. Have a happy Friday and will be on tomorrow.

Mike

Good morning all. Mike, nice to see our original invitee coming back to join in the chat. I have really enjoyed getting to know people better on here as there are so many fewer posters than on the main RC.

We are John and Corinne from Surrey in southern England. It will be my 24th cruise and we are Diamond, so yes, free wine but no cocktails for us. We are also flying in on the morning of 29th, but only from London. However, it is the start of a 6 week holiday for us as we have 4 weeks post cruise near Sarasota, Florida.

We have been to Spain many times, in fact close to annually for the last 25 years, but on different sorts of family holidays when our boys were young. We have also been to the Costa del Sol a fair bit in the last few years. In Malaga we intend just to catch a local train to a nearby beach resort.

Incidentally, as to the repetition of names, there is even another Corinne on our sailing although she spells hers differently and I suspect pronounces it in the American way.

Well a welcome quiet day for me on the cards today with just housework and watching the cricket Test match on tv.

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon
Typo

Sue and Steve,

I was posting on the thread for our Jewel Repo from Boston to Tampa in 2012 and Loie (Beachcombers) said that she had quite a few cruise buddies on our LOST cruise, mentioning you two. She also mentioned Bette and Bill and Larry and Cherie. I have felt a little daunted by that thread as so many of the regulars all know each other from taking the Repo many times.

Hopefully they will welcome newbies to the Jewel club,

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

OK apologies now if I miss anything or anyone but I think by brain is mashed at the moment.

Karen, congrats on the the results, I've got 11 weeks to go to get into those Speedos, not!!!

Sherry - so fantastic news on Kyle, I think it is wonderful.

As for the music in the disco, sorry folks but from recent experience we're not going to get stuff from the era we want. mmmm, perhaps a 14 night sailing means we can get our own way in the request stakes.

OK I need (demand) the following:

Beyonce

Pink

Lady Gaga

Madonna

Katy Perry

Britney

Kylie (mmm, may not be familiar to my US friends)

Cher

Does anyone think there's a gay theme here?:D

I'm with you Peter (what good taste you have!), what about scissor sisters?- I can even get Tam up to dance to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.

I like going to the disco but Tam's not that keen on dancing (I get to dance and he gets to have another couple of Guinness) - he uses the same moves and just changes the speed - it's actually quite amusing. Sounds as tho this could be a busy disco!

Well the sun is shining and no sign of rioters so it looks like a good day here in London;)

Mike it was nice to read all about the two of you, especially as it was you who started this thread and invited us over....I don't post that often but do try and keep up....We are Sue and Steve from London and this is our 8th TA, we love them. When we leave the ship in Fort Lauderdale we are jumping on the Eclipse for a week around the Caribbean and then staying for a week with our friends Gladys and Enid (also on this cruise) for a week before flying home. We are also flying in the day of the cruise, along with Corinne and John.

Corinne, we cruised with Loie and Peter to Hawaii many years ago...it was our first time on a roll call and we had a ball. I laughed when I read your reply to Karen about her weight loss and achieving goal....I am as far away from that as you:D

Our youngest son and DIL are getting a puppy today, a golden colour cocker spaniel. Steve and I are going to the kennels to bring him home...they have 3 kids under 6 and 2 cats....life is never boring in that house...Noah, the 3 year old, told me he was getting a sparkly yellow doggie but he really wanted a green on - no answer to that;)

TGIF

Sue

Hi All.......Well it been about 15 months since I posted and figured it might be time to jump back into the FUN. Blame me.....I was the guy who invited the main thread posters to come on over here if they wanted to blog at a managable pace...if you all remember....those first months were justs NUTS on the main thread. Funny....I did the invite then floated away. Anyway......we are Mike and Bill from Southern California, We live in Downtown Huntington Beach with a weekend Home in Palm Springs which is about 110 miles away. It is one of the largest gay communities in the US and retirement area. We just paid the final payment a few days ago so we are IN! Looking forward to the next several months of blogging and getting to know all of you and hopefully creating some long time friends.

This is our first European and TA cruise but will be our 34th cruise over all. We use to cruise 4 to 5 times a year....RCL out of LA....but those are long gone so this is the longest time we have gone without cruising. We did do the Oasis last Halloween so this will be our 3rd Halloween cruise. As our signiture states...we are D+ so you will see us in the CL every night....love Cape Cods and Cosmo's, and lot's of them...Ha ha ha!

We have done nothing at looking at what we are doing yet...hopefully in the next several weeks. We are more outdoor guys, and being this is our 4th time to Europe and first to Spain....I am thinking more Bike tours or something totally different then the usual Buildings and Churches and Museums. Any Ideas from some of you would be appreciated.

The only differance from almost everybody else on these threads....we are flying in on the day the cruise Leaves.....I know it is not the best choice...but we are still WORKING BOYZ.....so vacation time is most important to us and we like doing other things throughout the year.

I am on usually late at night...west coast time...but I will look in the morning before work. Well, thats my intro....we are on Cruise fellows with our pictures, I am the one on the right..... if you want to see what we look like..... I have been reading all of the pages to catch up....so hopefully I can just jump in. I am another Mike so I might need to go by another name to keep all of the Mikes seperate. Have a happy Friday and will be on tomorrow.

Mike

Hi Mike

We're Tam & Mhairi from Perth, Scotland - this will be our 4th TA, 3rd on Freedom class of ship, second cruise as diamond members, still got a bit to go to reach diamond plus, so you won't see us in the CL:(. Both actively working and really enjoy cruising.

Had the cruise booked since April 2010, hadn't really posted much as the other site was so hectic and then we were pointed in this direction and I can manage the pace that this one goes at.

No doubt speak over the coming months.

Mhairi