4 guests in a Cat J, upgrade or not?

HALrunner

Hello My husband and two toddlers are booked in a Cat J cabin on the NA. We chose an interior Cat J b/c HAL said it was larger than the ocean view cabins. We are scared to death to get a verandah for obvious reasons. My question is should we "lock in" the Cat J or leave ourselves open to upgrade? Thanks so much!

Have never had an inside stateroom, but only once in 12 cruises was I upgraded, from an oceanview to a balcony (Carnival Miracle). Actually I found the room interior smaller than an outside stateroom (balcony adds a few feet but we almost never used it). I very much doubt you could be upgraded 2 whole levels , but tell them about the toddlers if 1 is offered & ask for the largest outside stateroom available .

Unless you get upgraded to a Suite, I would absolutely/positively in no uncertain terms STAY with the J inside. It is a MUCH larger room than any other category - other than a suite. I traveled in a G oceanview with 2 adults and one child and it was 'tight'. With the little ones, you will be SOOOOO much happier with the space on the J inside, there is enough room for them to bop around a bit without bumping onto anything. Contrary to what most cruisers, we actually DO spend some time in the cabin, especially since we have a toddler too and there are naps and well, just breaks. I would stay with the J for sure. Good luck!

Archived