Bus from Vancouver to SEATAC?

luckygirl59

Yeah! I booked for the southbound 9/11 on Zaandam. Now I need to figure out if the Quickbus from Vancouver to SEATAC will really get me there by 2:00 pm on 9/17. I am looking at a 3:30 flight to SFO, but considering just spending the night in Seattle. I really would rather just go home on the 17th, but am nervous about the bus, mostly worried that border crossing will take too much time. Any experiences?:confused:

We used the Quick Shuttle to get to Seattle a few months ago. We were supposed to breeze through customs, but we all had to get off and go through screening. Nonetheless, it didn't take long and we were in Seattle ahead of schedule. Very comfortable bus and nice way to go.........the only reason we got screened was they had substituted a bus from a different company and it didn't have the Quick Shuttle logo. Just got a bit more scrutiny, but nothing to get upset about. Is there a later flight you can catch? There are quite a few flights between Seattle-SF-Oakland. Good Luck!

Thanks! There is a later flight, but I am with my mother, who poops out early! Getting back to SFO at 9:30 and then facing the drive home (2-3 hours for her!) would be hard. I may just stay in Seattle overnight and go out Sunday morning.

when we took the quick shuttle to Seattle it took us 40 minutes at the border - we had to take all our luggage off the bus - 4 large suitcases and a carry- on - Grand Cruise of 70 days - so we had to push one suitcase and pull one down a narrow aisle past the customs - very difficult to do.

Then we had to wait for the one couple that they pulled aside to question.

Our driver said that he once had to wait 7 hours at the border and everyone lost their flights

That's why we always go a day ahead to catch a flight out of Seattle.

If the border stop is quick, you can make it easily but you never know.

I would highly recommend an overnight in Seattle. If you stay near the airport, there is a train that gets one downtown in about an hour and if you go to the last stop and go up stairs you have about a block walk to the little train that takes you right over to the Space Needle. In my opinion it is worth going up there.

We have always used HAL's transfers.

The last time the bus was actually "sealed" -- so when we got to the border -- we zipped right through -- Quick Shuttle people were all lined up waiting to ber inspected. We didn't even have to get off the bus.

BUT -- we still didn't get to the airport until around 2:30.

We always stay at the Hilton SeatAc and fly out the next morning. HAL's transfer bus drops off the airport people first -- then delivers people to various hotels.

The HAL shuttle is the fastest (most of the time). In May we booked the HAL shuttle and ended up being put on the Quick Shuttle. They said that they had over booked the HAL bus. We did two intermediary stops that chewed up almost an additonal hour. The rub came from some of those, from a Princess ship, that paid $10 less per person and were on the same bus. ----- wrote HAL and they have never even responded.

Normally the HAL bus is the best, but don't count on it.

Definitely plan to stay in Seattle and enjoy the city. I used Quick Shuttle from Vancouver twice. First time it was on time, the last time it was very delayed at the border with people that didn't bring proper ID. I practically missed my flight. Seattle is a lovely city and this sounds like the perfect time to see it.

The HAL transfer bus to Seattle leaves from the dock.

You debark the ship and go directly to the bus which already

has your luggage on it so you don't have to go through

Canada Customs. The bus is sealed and you should not have

to stop like on the Quick Shuttle. You are met at SeaTec by a

HAL rep.

This service is available to American citizens only.

;)

Archived