Holland America to open an office in oz

Holland America to open an office in Sydney on the First of sep

Thanks Thied, HAL already have a cruise wholesaler here who sells HAL cruises direct to the public and to Travel Agents.

Thanks Thied, HAL already have a cruise wholesaler here who sells HAL cruises direct to the public and to Travel Agents.

But they have the monopoly, that is until 1st September. I'm hoping that cruise prices for international cruises will now be more in line with the prices quoted if you are US or Canadian citizen. I've been quoted more than $1,000 over the US price for a Med cruise next year. Plus the deposit of more than $800 is 4x the price of deposit if booked in US. I'm holding off on the booking till after Head Office is officially opened. I may just get a better deal (and pigs might fly!!)

But they have the monopoly, that is until 1st September. I'm hoping that cruise prices for international cruises will now be more in line with the prices quoted if you are US or Canadian citizen. I've been quoted more than $1,000 over the US price for a Med cruise next year. Plus the deposit of more than $800 is 4x the price of deposit if booked in US. I'm holding off on the booking till after Head Office is officially opened. I may just get a better deal (and pigs might fly!!)

One can only hope. When Princess opened up an office here, we did not get the Princess U.S. prices!

And after all, HAL is part of the Carnival Group! I don't thnk they will give much away.

They will want to 'protect' the Australian Travel Industry' and charge us what they want to.

Good luck anyway.

One can only hope. When Princess opened up an office here, we did not get the Princess U.S. prices!

And after all, HAL is part of the Carnival Group! I don't thnk they will give much away.

Agreed, I'm expecting similar as well. If someone gets a better deal another way, I suggest they follow that up without waiting in the hope that this will change things.

Archived