Costa gains one more contract for a new ship....

CruiseAdict218

As of today Carnival Corp. ordered one 132,500 GT ship for Costa and is expected toenter service in October 2014.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/carnival-corporation-plc-orders-new-ships-for-its-costa-cruises-and-aida-cruises-brands-2011-08-03?reflink=MW_news_stmp

This ship is also going to be the replacement ship once Costa "older" ships are sold starting with the sale of the Costa Marina.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation--plc-orders-new-ships-for-its-costa-cruises-and-aida-cruises-brands-126651498.html

Weird thing is Carnival also ordered 2 New ships for their German Aida brand but not from Meyer-werft who have built all their ships!! but from Mutsubishi Industries!

Carnival Corp. got a good deal on the three ships, total cost $2 billion. IMO they should have invested new ships for maybe Ibero cruises or P&O Cruises Australia but I guess these two brands(Costa & AIDA) make more money.

Weird thing is Carnival also ordered 2 New ships for their German Aida brand but not from Meyer-werft who have built all their ships!! but from Mutsubishi Industries!

All to do with money. The Yen is being kept artificial low by the Japanese Government, also we don't know what support the Government is giving to Mitsubishi.

I don't know how the German cruising public will react, Germans love their Aide and it's Meyer Werft built ships, will be interesting to see what happens.

Ron

I want small ships...not darn great heffalumping ones :(

I resigned myself to Deliziosa purely cos the fare was silly money...made even better due to the TA making a *****-up in the booking...17 nights, inc flights Xmas/New Year 2012/3 with flights in a grade I2 twin cabin to myself all for £1700...might even afford to get slightly sozzled on board ;) :D

Ally,

Have you given up being a TT?:D

Have you heard anything more about your Ultra application?

Ron

Nah...just thought that being as it will be Xmas/New Year on Deliziosa, I might just have a drink or 6 to celebrate ;)

Haven't heard anything about the ultra package either....

In fact, I can't see why Costa doesn't invest in a couple brand new small size ships to give us the cruises that Marina and Allegra can do.

I get the feeling that Allegra could replace Grand Voyager since she is cheaper on fuel and better on emissions...and cabin to cabin, she is pretty much the same too.

Archived