transatlantic cruise next april

Hi, we are sailing on the Emerald Princess next april for a 16day cruise. We stop in Ponta Delgada Portugal, Cobh Ireland, Falmouth England, Le Havre France, Dover England, Rotterdam Amsterdam, Oslo Norway, Copenhagen Denmark.

What I am looking to do is to hire private tour guides or rent a car. Has anyone ever done that and do they have a suggestions on whom to contact to set up a deal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Some of the ports you can DIY

Oslo, Amsterdam, Copenhagen & Dover depending on what you want to see

I would do a search for the Ports & see what guides are recommended

Join the roll call for your cruise & you may find other to share tours with making it more cost effective

frostcone ~ first, welcome to CC - you'll find a wealth of information here on all these pages!

You've received great info from LHT28!

Roll Call - go to that section of the Board and then go to Princess Lines and find your ship. Look for the dates and see if someone has v=begun a thread for your cruise. read through the posts and then click on post reply and introduce yourself and begin to make friends with your fellow cruisers. You may also find that some people have already booked tours and are trying to fill them. A private tour of 8/10 people is much more economical than just 2 - unless there are reasons you'd prefer a truly private tour - children or disabilities, etc.

Ports - go to the Ports of Call section and then Europe. Most of your ports will be in the Northern Europe and Baltics sections. What I do is search the forum for the port I'm researching at the moment - click on search at the top right and type in the name of the port. As LHT28 said many are DoItYourself ports - but that's up to you and what you'd like to see.

Have GREAT cruise!!

Archived