Response From Carnival About Complaint

Spurs Fans

Some of you may have read my thread about noise problems in the Penthouse Suite of Sensation on our July 10 cruise. I sent an email to Carnival regarding the matter.

It took one week for a response, but the lady who sent the response, Samantha Andrietta, was very helpful in resolving the situation. She agreed that we should have been notified about the noise situation prior to agreeing to the upgrade and she offered us a very generous refund of a portion of our booking cost. She also included a 15% reduction in cost on a future Carnival cruise.

All in all, we thought that Carnival responded well to the situation and it turned what would have been a very negative feeling about Carnival into one that is positive and makes us more likely to try Carnival again.

I'm so glad the Carnival took care of you. Given the chance, they usually make it right. At the same time, when people post issues like this, it seems that many more people complain to try to get compensated for some pretty ridiculous things. I'm always torn when I read things like this, because while I am glad that your issue was resolved, I then read posts about other people trying to get things because they read that you got something. :D

We were upsold the Penthouse Suite on Sensation. It is a beautiful suite, but it happens to be under the jogging track. (There are two of these on the ship and would have the identical problem.)

AFTER we agreed to the upgrade, we received a notice from Carnival that there was a potential noise problem with lounge chairs being moved. We had no noise from the lounge chairs, but every night of the cruise there would be children up running on the track (we're talking kids 12 and under) till 2 a.m. It sounded like someone was banging with a sledge hammer above us and really prevented sleeping. We made many calls to guest relations while on board, but they were unable to control the noise.

Carnival really did respond very well. We are not a complainer, we are pretty laid back but we had no choice but file a complaint after our last cruise. Several weeks later, they sent us a refund check equal the amount of money we lost, which we thought was very nice.

I'm glad to hear that Carnival stepped up and resolved things to your satisfaction.

However, I wonder if they've done anything to actually address the noise issue?

Or will the noise continue to be a problem for folks in those cabins?

Should those particular cabins be avoided?

Technically, it was an upsell, my mistake. I really hope they have done something about the problem, because it is a real problem for anyone that gets one of these two cabins. The could prevent people from running on the track section which is above the cabins from 11 p.m. till 6 a.m. That would have solved the problem for us but I was told by guest relations on the cruise that they could not do it. It is kind of funny, but the really loud people were the kids and not adults, something about they run, I guess.

Archived