food food and more food

Ms. T

Anyone ever taking food from the MDR back to their stateroom? Can you order to-go plates? ;)

Only once. My girlfriend at the time had hurt her leg and couldn't make dinner but insisted I go. The dining room staff put together a complete meal for her and sent it to our cabin.

:)

Only once. My girlfriend at the time had hurt her leg and couldn't make dinner but insisted I go. The dining room staff put together a complete meal for her and sent it to our cabin.

Had the same thing with my wife. The asst. waiter brought it to cabin shortly after i left from eating my dinner. Much appreciated....

We were cruising with my brother and his family. His boys wereyoung and it had been a long day. When we all got to the MDR the boys were starting to get cranky. My brother didn't want a scene so he quietly got the boys and he and his wife left. The waiters (who were the best!!) packed up a beautiful selection of appetizers, entrees and even desserts and sent it to their cabin. And the end of the story.....they put the boys to bed....and had a romantic dinner on their balcony.:)

Not sure about Carnival but I know some other lines do this - during MDR meal times you can order off the MDR menu for room service. We did it once on Celebrity for formal night. My wife just didn't want to get dressed up so we had lobster and all the trimmings on the balcony. Just like the dining room, if you want 2 lobsters you order 2. The only issue is that it might get a bit cooled off and they bring all courses at once.

But, what a great time it was. Not sure why we haven't done it since.....

enjoy,

Duane

At least a couple of times each cruise I take a cheese platter back to my cabin for a late night snack. They have no problem with doing that at all. The waiter has either wrapped it with plastic wrap or simply placed another plate over it.

Two years ago I started feeling ill after I ordered. I tried to make it, but ended up leaving before the main course was served. When my husband came back to the cabin he said he asked the waiter if he could take my meal to me. He was told you're not allowed to take food from the dining room. Based on the above posts, I'm thinking he might have ate my dinner too and just told me he couldn't bring it back :)

Only twice! On my last cruise this past June, I ended up getting sun poisoning while we were in St Maarten. My entire family went to the MDR for dinner and I sat in the cabin in agony watching tv & ordered room service. When my fiance came back to the cabin, he had a plate of Bitter & Blanc for me! Our waiter, Alan, knew I was waiting all week for that dessert so he sent one to go for me!

Then the following day was elegant night & I had to miss dinner once again because my son ended up getting a high fever from tonsillitis. While everyone went to dinner, I took my son down to Medical Services on board.. When we returned to the cabin, there was an order of escargot on the table in our room. Again - another favorite of mine that I would of missed out on if it weren't for the excellent waiter we had!

During a cruise on NCL about 12 years ago, our kids fell asleep right before formal night dinner. My husband stayed with the kids and I went with my in-laws to dinner. Our waiter, Sunshine, was really nice and he came back with a tray with two lobsters and he insisted on delivering it to our room.

My husband was really happy that he got lobster and didn't have dress up.

Only twice! On my last cruise this past June, I ended up getting sun poisoning while we were in St Maarten. My entire family went to the MDR for dinner and I sat in the cabin in agony watching tv & ordered room service. When my fiance came back to the cabin, he had a plate of Bitter & Blanc for me! Our waiter, Alan, knew I was waiting all week for that dessert so he sent one to go for me!

Then the following day was elegant night & I had to miss dinner once again because my son ended up getting a high fever from tonsillitis. While everyone went to dinner, I took my son down to Medical Services on board.. When we returned to the cabin, there was an order of escargot on the table in our room. Again - another favorite of mine that I would of missed out on if it weren't for the excellent waiter we had!

I love stories like this! (not the sun poisoning or tonsillitis part, poor you!) That's why I am a Carnival fan.

Anyone ever taking food from the MDR back to their stateroom? Can you order to-go plates? ;)

We usually take something back from the Lido or Deli to the room when on Carnival but not from the MDR. On Royal Caribbean we have ordered from the MDR room service on several occasions. Especially when we have had poor wait staff service. Afterall we enjoy the dining experience but why suffer from poor service if there is an alternate.

Two years ago I started feeling ill after I ordered. I tried to make it, but ended up leaving before the main course was served. When my husband came back to the cabin he said he asked the waiter if he could take my meal to me. He was told you're not allowed to take food from the dining room. Based on the above posts, I'm thinking he might have ate my dinner too and just told me he couldn't bring it back :)

LOL! That wascally wabbit! :p

Archived