Any Parking Tricks Up Your Sleeve?

Paul NH

Hi All,

I am taking a round trip transatlantic at the end of this month and see that I am going to have to spend ~$300 for parking. Has anyone figured out a way to park the car somewhere nearby for less money? I searched the internet and have not found anything better.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul

Hi All,

I am taking a round trip transatlantic at the end of this month and see that I am going to have to spend ~$300 for parking. Has anyone figured out a way to park the car somewhere nearby for less money? I searched the internet and have not found anything better.

Paul

We usually do a one way rental. Hertz is a $15 cab ride from Brooklyn.

Julie

Hi All,

Paul

Hi Paul. We use the parking lot at the RedHook pier, and parking there adds about $23 USD per day to the cost of the cruise (add to that auto tip & fuel surchages, subtract obc). There are parking garages in the vicinity, but none so smooth as the parking at the Red Hook Terminal.

Just to add: the security at the Red Hook Terminal car park is excellent based on my personal experinence.

Yes, there are other options available for 'long term' parking in the vicinty of the Red Hook pier. But in terms of ease and security, I choose to park in the Cruise Terminal. Happily, the Cousins have more gracious car park options (often free of charge) on the other side of the pond.

Regards,

Salacia

Happily, the Cousins have more gracious car park options (often free of charge) on the other side of the pond.

Regards,

Salacia

It's not free. In fact it's quite expensive. C&PS provide the service. £85 for 7 nights for example.

Sometimes as an early booking perk Cunard will throw in free parking but your fare could turn out to have been more expensive (as in our case).

It's not free. In fact it's quite expensive. C&PS provide the service. £85 for 7 nights for example.

Sometimes as an early booking perk Cunard will throw in free parking but your fare could turn out to have been more expensive (as in our case).

Ditto!! Especially when you see the fares now for our October voyage on the QE!

Hi Paul NH,

I'm from NH and we have parked at Red Hook when taking voyages for the last few years. Last year we left our car there for over a month.

It is expensive but safe and very convenient. I've looked at all kinds of alternatives including parking near the airports, none came close to matching the convenience, though a couple were slightly lower in price but not enoughto make up for the hassle.

I may look into a one way car rental out of Concord because we have a real long trip scheduled for next year.

From central PA we can take Amtrak into NY for about $87/pp (AAA or senior discounts). Of course we're burning up any savings by spending a night in Brooklyn on each end of our trip... :D

Yeah, but two nights in Brooklyn - worth it (if only to say you've been there) :D

Salacia

Born in Brooklyn

Hi Ray. I believe I've read on this forum that there are hotels in the Southampton area offering a scheme which includes parking while on a cruise (in addition to Cunard offers that include parking), but I'm not really sure about the details as I've never driven to Southampton. (My loss.)

BTW, I've haven't come across an offer that includes free parking in RedHook NY or the Manhattan Pier, but I would appreciate reading posts from anyone who has information about such an offer.:) Thanks.

Regards,

Salacia

Archived