Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay...few questions

daisy7113

Hi! Has anyone stayed here pre cruise before? If so, how was your experience? It has gotten pretty good reviews but I was wondering few things. First, do they pick you up at Miami airport or must you take a taxi? Second, does the hotel have port transfer or again, must you take a taxi?

It appears to be pretty close to the port but yet close to a lot of things in downtown Miami.

We stayed there and it was wonderful. 100% non-smoking property, nice grounds, good restaurant.

No shuttle from the AP but a cab should run between $25 - $30. Also no shuttle to the pier (no downtown hotel shuttles to the Port of Miami - if they did, that's all they'd be doing all weekend long). A cab will be about 10 or 12 bucks; it's that close but you can't walk it.

Have fun.

Nice hotel and some rooms have a view of POM. There is some shopping available in the underground tunnels connecting this hotel to the nearby condos and Doubletree next door. The bar/dining room in the lobby of the Doubletree is very good. Good luck! :)

I was originally booked there for my precruise in October but switched to the Marriott South Beach for the same money. Right on the beach and about a 10 min walk to all the action of South Beach. If you are definately looking to be close to things to do, you should check this hotel out. It also had some good reviews on some of the travel sites. It doesn't have shuttles and may be a little more for cab from the airport and to the port, but I think it will be worth it for the location.

Archived