early flight out of long beach airport

azseas

We are sailing on princess Dec10 -17. We can get a 9:50 am flight from long beach airport. We will walk off the sapphire first thing in the morning with only carry on luggage. can we make this flight? the cruise line says if flying out of LAX - to make a 10:30 or later flight. Given the difference in distance -- I am thinking tht a 9:50 out of LGB may be really doeable. Thoughts?

If you are not checking bags, and you have your boarding passes, and there are not to many flights leaving around the same time as yours, and your ship is not delayed in debarking, you will be able to make the flight.

I've seen Long Beach airport look like a ghost town and you breeze right through, and I've seen it where people are spilling out into the street it's been so crowded.

We are sailing on princess Dec10 -17. We can get a 9:50 am flight from long beach airport. We will walk off the sapphire first thing in the morning with only carry on luggage. can we make this flight? the cruise line says if flying out of LAX - to make a 10:30 or later flight. Given the difference in distance -- I am thinking tht a 9:50 out of LGB may be really doeable. Thoughts?

I am very surprised the cruise line would have told you 10:30 for LAX. LAX is one of the airports that it is wise to get there 2 hours before your flight. And you never know how long it will take to get off the ship because of delays in arrival and clearance. I would have said 12:00 Noon or later out of LAX based on our voyages to there.

I would say around 11:00 AM for Long Beach airport.

It all comes down to how much risk you want to take 10:30 AM might work but know the ramifications including penalties if you miss the flight.

Keith

You re right Keith -- I misread -- it is 12:30 out of LAX -- We have a 12:15 SOUTHWEST flight out on our sept cruise -- I am comfy with that - as we walk off and SW does not charge change fees, etc. should we miss it. We will skip the LGB flight in Dec -- too risky -- inteady we will drive in from phx. Takes around same time to get to from airport, sit for two hours and then fly as it does to drive.

Archived