Spring Break 2012, NCL Epic or CCL Valor

We are looking for a cruise for Spring Break 2012 (which scares me, but it is one of the only times we can cruise because of schedules).

We haven't cruised a great deal, almost 4 on Carnival (sailing the Freedom in November), once on Celebrity. We are looking at two options for our next cruise.

I was looking at an eight night Valor sailing from Miami visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, and Nassau. We have been to Jamaica and Grand Cayman before.

The other option is on the Norwegian Epic. It is a 7 night sailing from Miami visiting St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Nassau. We have been to St. Thomas before.

We are looking at balcony cabins on each.

We have never been on NCL, and we have also never sailed on a newer ship with all of its amenities. The Epic was interesting because of its bowling alleys, climbing walls, tube slide, etc. We thought this may be a better experience for our 11 year old daughter than the Valor, which doesn't have as many "extras". Pricing is a little more expensive for the Epic, but not prohibitive.

I guess my question is, is the extra money for one less day, worth it? Is the experience on NCL going to be that different? We are very casual people and were also wondering if the demographic on NCL was similar to CCL's.

Any opinions, suggestions, etc would be welcome. I am really just trying to get a feel for whether we should just stick with what we know...:confused:

Thought Im not a NCL fan, Iv heard such good things about Epic that I would consider that one over a Carnival ship, just to do something new? Epic must really be a nice ship from the glowing reports even from NCL skeptics.

8 days sounds tempting.

I just realized when I was looking a hotels, that my March Jewel OTS is hitting the tail end of spring break .. when so many hotels were not appearing I could book even one month later, either booked up?? Or held back for spring breakers.. dont know. surprise??!!

Archived