what cruise line with 2 y.o?

mash1982

Hi guys,

what cruise line would you recommend when sailing with a toddler?

I know that most ships have babysitting but I need to find the one with kids club for 2 year old. I wanted to try celebrity cruises but their clubs are from 3 y.o. and up.

Any advice?

thank you

You might also consider DCL which has Flounder's Nursery. It is babysitting for infants to 2yo for an extra charge. Some RCL ships have something similar (I know Oasis does and I think a few others). NCL and Carnival have regular kids clubs that start at 2. I tried my DD in NCL at age 2.5 and it was a disaster. I've seen others post on her that they had a better experience so it may be variable. I was much more impressed by the kids services on DCL. Your 2yo would also be allowed in the kids club area there so long as you stayed with them. This was a great option for us. Other lines will not generally let parents in the kids club at all except on the first orientation day.

Good luck with your planning.

Carnival accepts kids at two, and they do change diapers. There is a forum here for Family Cruises, under Special Interest Cruising. Lots of advice there for traveling with kids. Do be aware that only on Disney and some of the Royal Caribbean ships do they have water play areas for diapered tots. All others no non-potty trained passengers (including adults) allowed in pools, even kiddie pools. EM

Hi guys,

what cruise line would you recommend when sailing with a toddler?

I know that most ships have babysitting but I need to find the one with kids club for 2 year old. I wanted to try celebrity cruises but their clubs are from 3 y.o. and up.

Any advice?

thank you

Celebrity isn't just 3yo. It's 3yo & potty-trained. If you have a girl, it's probably not a big deal. However, since mine is a boy, we were actually a bit panicked if he would make the potty-training part. He was 3.5 when we cruised X (also our 1st cruise) and potty-trained during the day. He slept in pull-ups at night.

Archived