Nachi Cocum

JB8704

Once you get in-it is beautiful and clean!!!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me their experience with Nachi Cocum. I've read most of the threads on the boards here and also at trip advisor on Nachi Cocum. There seem to be mixed reviews...they either really love it or do not like it. Many have commented that when first arriving the outside does not look nice at all. I'm not expecting a nice "Sandals" type resort, but would like something that is clean and has good food and nice pretty beach/water. We will be there on October 13th this year and would like to hear some other experiences. It will just be my husband and me (our first trip without our kids). Thanks!!:)

Are there any other resort type places that provide a day pass for cruise ship passengers? Thanks!

We had an ok experince there. The beach was really nice and comfortable. Quiet for the most part and not overly crowded. Only complaint for the beach itself was that there were lots of little bugs in the sand and got a sting on my arm from soemthing. It had been forever since I had been to the beach though so that is probably normal for anywhere to have thoes little bugs in the sand exc.

The food and drinks were both really good as well and great service. Later that day when we were back on the ship we both started feeling bad, stomach problems and such. Not sure if it was from anything we ate/drank but it was likley a combination of sun, and drinks since we are not big drinkers.

I have to respond because I know when I hear things like that it makes me nervous about trying a place.

There are whatever bugs in the sand at alot of beaches-I had them in Antigua at a beautiful beach too.

I did not get bit at Nacchi.Food was great and i have a very sensitive stomach.

We had an ok experince there. The beach was really nice and comfortable. Quiet for the most part and not overly crowded. Only complaint for the beach itself was that there were lots of little bugs in the sand and got a sting on my arm from soemthing. It had been forever since I had been to the beach though so that is probably normal for anywhere to have thoes little bugs in the sand exc.

The food and drinks were both really good as well and great service. Later that day when we were back on the ship we both started feeling bad, stomach problems and such. Not sure if it was from anything we ate/drank but it was likley a combination of sun, and drinks since we are not big drinkers.

We were just there in June. I have to say it was OK, the mixed drinks were weak, my DH drank beer because the drinks were weak. Service was a little slow even thou there were about 20 to 30 people there. The food was OK, I can not say that it was fantastic, it was good you could eat it. It was very relaxing, we did enjoy it and I think my DH would go back there again, but I think I would like to try another place next time.

We LOVED nachi! I have already booked us again for our upcoming cruise... this time with the kids. SUPER excited to re-visit. 1000% safe there :)

And both times I booked straight through their website:

www DOT cozumelnachicocom DOT net

Do you have to book directly through the Beach club? Can you book the day of?

Should I book thru island marketing or thru the site, cozumelnachicocom? Any difference? I

I booked the first time through Island Marketing and the second time direct. This time for October i booked through Island Marketing again. Not much difference. I think at Island Marketing it was 12pp down payment and with Nachi Cocom direct 3 Dollars pp. I forgot. I think the form to fill out was easier. They always helpful, responding if you have a question. So i decided to book with them this time again.

Count me as another who has been there 3 times (hmm maybe 4) and will be there again this fall. We've taken 2 other couples there and they all love it - no one wanted to leave. Safe and clean. If your service is slow, you can go to the bar yourself to get a drink. When you want to eat, you need to tell YOUR server - don't just go sit in the restaurant and expect someone to take your order. Your same waiter will take care of you wherever you are located. Food is good. Never had a problem with the drinks being weak! Their pinacoladas taste so fresh - yum. I've used beach shoes to get in the water, the entrance is usually rocky. I usually rent a float for $5 just to veg out in the water with a foo foo drink.

I doubt they can do gluten free - a Mexican beach club is probably not equipped to handle dietary restrictions like a conventional restaurant.

I doubt they can do gluten free - a Mexican beach club is probably not equipped to handle dietary restrictions like a conventional restaurant.

They emailed me their menu. It looks like I should be able to find several different things to eat, but there's no guarantees. If I were an extremely sensitive GF eater, I wouldn't chance it.

I have to respond because I know when I hear things like that it makes me nervous about trying a place.

There are whatever bugs in the sand at alot of beaches-I had them in Antigua at a beautiful beach too.

I did not get bit at Nacchi.Food was great and i have a very sensitive stomach.

I wasn't trying to scare anyone, just sharing my experince. Like i said, it had been forever since I had been to a beach...probably 15-18 years prior to this, I don't remember any bugs, but doesn't mean there wern't any. The sting wasn't painful, more of an iritation

The food was good... I think I said that, but started the fact that we felt bad later and also mentioned that it could have been because of sun /drinks as well.

The place was nice, and for relaxing was good, not many people.

Did not see any lockers, but it is not crowded and your waiter is regularly coming by and keeping an eye on things. I would not bring anything very valuable to any beach, but we did not worry while we were there. Good luck! :)

I felt the same way after our trip. It's called 15 Coronas in 5 hours in the hot sun and a huge lunch! We ordered room service for dinner and were asleep by 8pm that night! Best day of the cruise though!

I've been three times....love it! My menu photo isn't readable on screen well but here is what it was two years ago; I am sure the menu hasn't changed: We LOVE the guacamole (we always get two of them instead of a dessert) and fajitas...it is alot of food!

APPETIZERS

FRENCH FRIES

Crispy and salty.

NACHOS

Served with guacamole, pico de gallo & jalapenos.

GUACAMOLE

Original recipe, with onions, tomato, coriander and lemon.

CHEESE FINGERS

Crispy and golden fried portions of cheese, served with French dressing.

QUESADILLAS

Served with guacamole, choose between green or red tomato sauce.

CHICKEN FRY TACOS

Delicious golden fried tacos, stuffed with chicken, topped with sour cream, cheese and lettuce.

CHICKEN WINGS

Discover why they envy us!. Served with hot sauce or French dressing.

CHICKEN LEGS KENTUCKY STYLE

Here is the reason why the Colonel visited Cozumel so many times. Served with French dressing.

BABY BACK RIBS

Enjoy a delicious B.B.Q. Sauce, it is our secret recipe!

SOUPS

CHICKEN SOUP

Generous portion of chicken consomme, served with rice.

SEA FOOD SOUP

We don't have words for this, you need to try this SPECIAL of the house. Seasoned with Pernod.

ENTRES

HOTDOGS

With French fries.

CLUB SANDWICH

Delicious combination of bacon, cheese, ham and chicken, served with French fries.

BURGER

Prime quality beef, with or without cheese, served with French fries.

BEEF FAJITAS

Strips of prime beef, grilled with onions and green peppers Served with guacamole, retried beans and flour tortillas.

CHICKEN FAJITAS

Strips of chicken tender breast, grilled with onions and green peppers Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

SHRIMP FAJITAS

We use only the freshest shrimps in this dish!. Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

COMBO FAJITAS

Awesome combination: Strips of prime beef, tender chicken breast and shrimp. Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

FISH FILET PREPARED TO YOUR TASTE

Your choice: Grilled with butter, .garlic, Yucatecan style, breaded or fine herbs Served with rice and sauteed vegetables.

They just emailed it to me when I asked about GF. I have NO idea what the prices are about.

NACHI COCOM

Beach & Water Sports Center

MENU

APPETIZERS

FRENCH FRIES $ 22.00

Salty ,uummm

NACHOS ..NACHOS $ 44.00

The traditional, served with mexican sauce and jalapeños

GUACAMOLE $ 66.00

Fresh avocado, the traditional

CHEESE STICKS $ 55.00

Breaded cheese sticks served with french dressing

BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS $ 55.00

Hot and juice chicken wings

SOUPS

MEXICAN TORTLLAS SOUP $ 33.00

Chicken consommé, with tomato puree, guajillo essence and pieces of fried corn tortillas

SEAFOOD SOUP $ 88.00

Fish consomme served with shrimp, occtopus, conch and clams au pernod

SALADS

ASSORTED VEGETABLES SALAD $ 44.00

Fresh combination of lettucce, tomato, cucmber, onion & carrots

ASSORTED FRUIT SALAD WITH LIMON SHERBET $ 55.00

Fresh and delicious combination of water melon, melon, papaya, pineapple

BURGUERS AND SANDWICHES

HOT DOGS (2 pieces) $ 44.00

Served with french fries

CHICKEN SANDWICH $ 44.00

Served with frech fries

CLUB SANDWICH $ 66.00

Served with french fries

CHEESE BURGUER $ 66.00

The best meat, served with frech fries

NACHI COCOM

Beach & Water Sports Center

CEVICHES & COCKTAILS

CONCH CEVICHE, ON SEASON $ 139.00

Fresh conch seasoned with the traditional cozumel’s recipe

ASSORTED SEAFOOD CEVICHE $ 129.00

Delicious combination of shripm, conCh, occtopus & squid

ASSORTED SEAFOOD COCKTAIL $ 129.00

Delicious combination of shrimp, octopus, conch & squid

SHRIMP COCKTAIL $ 109.00

Seasoned with our traditional cozumel’s recipe

FISH, SEAFOOD ....& Somethingelse..

FISH FILLET AT YOUR CHOICE $ 109.00

Fresh grouper fish fillet at meuniere, grill, fine herbs or breaded.

FISH FILLET au NORMANDIE STYLE $ 119.00

Fresh Grupper fillet boiled & served au gratin

RICE WITH SHRIMP $ 119.00

Delicious rice topped with shrimp flambe au white wine perfum

SHRIMP AT YOUR CHOICE $ 159.00

Deliciuos Shrimp grilled, meuniere, breaded, au garlic, au cognac

SUPRÉME CHICKEN BREAST au CHAMPAGNE $ 88.00

Boneless Chicken Breast grilled and served with champagne sauce

MEXICAN CARROUSEL

MEXICAN ENCHILADAS WITH GREEN OR RED SAUCE $ 66.00

The traditional mexican recipe

MEXICAN QUESADILLAS $ 66.00

Served with guacamole and green tomato sauce

CHICKEN FRIED MEXICAN TACOS $ 66.00

Served with fresh lettucce, cream & cheese

BEEF, CHICKEN OR MIXED FAJITAS $ 109.00

Served with sausage, grill baby onion, beans & guacamole

B.B.Q. RIBS $ 68.00

Juicy pork ribs seasoned with our secret recipe

DESSERTS

ASSORTED ICE CREAM $ 22.00

Vainilla, coconut or chocolate

CARAMEL CUSTARD $ 22.00

Home made

CHEESE CAKE WITH TOPPED WITH VAINILLA ICE CREAM $ 33.00

Perfumed with coffee liquor

Hotel Casa del Mar, Cozumel

CORAL REEF RESTAURANTE

LISTA DE BEBIDAS

REFRESCO EN LATA & AGUA PURIFICADA $ 21.00

JUGOS, LIMONADAS, NARANJADAS & TE HELADO $ 21.00

CERVEZA ( Lager xx & Sol) $ 33.00

CERVEZA EN LATA (Tecate) $ 39.00

COCTELES Y DAIQUIRIES SIN LICOR $ 33.00

COCTELES Y DAIQUIRIES CON LICOR $ 59.00

RON, Bacardi blanco, añejo, Brandy presidente & Tequila Jose Cuervo especial $ 39.00

RON Solera, Appleton, Brandy Don Pedro,Vodka Smirnoff, Tradicional $ 49.00

GINEBRA Gilbey´s & Vodka Absolut, Tequila Cuervo Tradicional $ 59.00

TEQUILA Herradura Blanco o Reposado, Tradicional $ 79.00

WHISKY escoces Etiqueta Negra o Chivas Regal $ 79.00

WHISKY bourbon Jack daniel´s o Jim Bean $ 66.00

VINO de la Casa. Domecq Blanco o tinto, Copa $ 66.00

AMARETO DISARONNO $ 66.00

BEVERAGES LISTING

SOFT DRINKS (Can) & GUA PURIFICADA $ 21.00

REFRESHMENTS & ICE TEA $ 21.00

BEER (Lager xx & Sol) $ 33.00

BEER (Tecate ) $ 39.00

COCKTAILS & DAIQUIRIES WITHOUT LIQUOR $ 33.00

COCKTAILS & DAIQUIRIES WITH LIQUOR $ 59.00

RUM, Bacardi white, gold, Brandy presidente & Tequila Jose Cuervo especial $ 39.00

RUM Solera, Appleton, Brandy Don Pedro,Vodka Smirnoff, $ 49.00

GIN Gilbey´s & Vodka Absolut, Tequila Cuervo Especial $ 59.00

TEQUILA Tequila herradura Blanco o Reposado, Tradicional $ 79.00

WHISKY Scotch black label or Chivas Regal $ 79.00

WHISKY bourbon Jack daniel´s o Jim Bean $ 66.00

WINE from the house. Domecq white or red, glass $ 66.00

AMARETO DISARONNO $ 66.00

Archived