BYO Soda

acadran

I am reading that NCL lets you byo soda. Not even sure I want to lug that along.....but just curious.....what is the limit you can take on board? (Hate Pepsi) =)

Thanks

Yes, soda and bottled water are permitted. No set limit.

We always see rooms with luggage piled outside on the first day, and beside the luggage are a case or two of water and/or pop. Bring all you want.

I bring just a couple plastic bottles along and then buy more as needed when we get into the different ports, rather than lugging it all along from the beginning.

I am reading that NCL lets you byo soda. Not even sure I want to lug that along.....but just curious.....what is the limit you can take on board? (Hate Pepsi) =)

Thanks

I picked up a 12 pack of Sprite. I put them in my checked baggage but I hear that you have to carry it on now. I didn't finish the whole case between me and cruise buddy. :D

We took a couple 12 packs in our smallest roller piece of luggage, put on a luggage tag and just checked it along with everything else. We placed them in a couple garbage bags just in case of a leak, but it was fine.

It arrived with all our luggage and then we were able to use the piece of luggage/garbage bags as our laundry bag.

If you decide to just bring a case of soda or water, just tape it for reinforcement and put on a luggage tag. You'll have it delivered just like your luggage.

We never thought of bringing soda on board, but with only Pepsi available, next time we will definitely take some Coke...

NCL must be the only cruise company with no Coke. :(

Hard to find DIET Cherry Coke anymore(I like it with my Gentleman Jack-OK I'm strange, I'm part Irish-Jew!) So i deal with the Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, But DW wants her Diet Dr. Pepper, and we also do SF Crystal Light packets, so we'll be lugging our own this time...Since I'm a DAV I'm going to have NCL "assist me" with a Wheel Chair to embark & Disembark, so i'll carry the Soda in my lap!!:D

Bill(DrFootball)

(Energetically will I meet the Enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might.")

Line 5 of the U.S. Army Ranger Creed....

We usually take some bottled water, iced tea and some soda in an extra roll type suitcase. It is nice to have a variety of cold drinks waiting for you back at your cabin. I usually find myself thirsty at some point late night and I am too lazy to go searching throughout the ship for an open spot to get a drink. At the end of the cruise, when the drinks are gone, we had an open suitcase for souveniers.

Some are posting on here that some ports are not taking soda with luggage and you must carry it if you want it. I think New Orleans is one and not sure about others. As long as you don't mind taking chance on carrying it with your other carry on, NCL doesn't care about how much you take. Enjoy.

Hard to find DIET Cherry Coke anymore(I like it with my Gentleman Jack-OK I'm strange, I'm part Irish-Jew!) So i deal with the Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, But DW wants her Diet Dr. Pepper, and we also do SF Crystal Light packets, so we'll be lugging our own this time...Since I'm a DAV I'm going to have NCL "assist me" with a Wheel Chair to embark & Disembark, so i'll carry the Soda in my lap!!:D

Bill(DrFootball)

(Energetically will I meet the Enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might.")

Line 5 of the U.S. Army Ranger Creed....

Try Coke Zero Cherry

Last year in November I took NCL out of New Orleans. I had a case of Coke and was required to carry it on the boat, and drag it everywhere with me even though I had a tag on it. It was not a fun task. I saw other families with cases of bottled water they were not allowed to check with their luggage. Lesson learned. I now open the case and put the cans in my luggage. I did not have a problem out of LA in May. If nothing else, I may get called to the naughty room again out of New Orleans if they aren't sure what it is.

I buy a case of water in Miami and put a luggage tag on it. I also get a six pack of soda and throw it in the luggage to use as mixers in the room. I know the water is very good on the ship I just drink lots of water and it's easier to carry a bottle around that I can throw away when I'm done. Plus my roommate brings Crystal Light to add to the water.

We usually take some bottled water, iced tea and some soda in an extra roll type suitcase. It is nice to have a variety of cold drinks waiting for you back at your cabin. I usually find myself thirsty at some point late night and I am too lazy to go searching throughout the ship for an open spot to get a drink. At the end of the cruise, when the drinks are gone, we had an open suitcase for souveniers.

I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Did you check the bag with the drinks in it or did you carry it on?

Thanks

Archived