How do I make dinner reservations online?

Dmgmd50

The time to make reservations for my November cruise is not until next week but I have a question about that. I'm traveling solo with a friend who is also traveling solo. Will I be able to make the reservations for myself and include him? We've had a problem with that on HAL. We'd both make a reservation for one and then go to the restaurant when we got on and ask to combine the two.

The time to make reservations for my November cruise is not until next week but I have a question about that. I'm traveling solo with a friend who is also traveling solo. Will I be able to make the reservations for myself and include him? We've had a problem with that on HAL. We'd both make a reservation for one and then go to the restaurant when we got on and ask to combine the two.

When you setup online reservations, you can also include guests so that you are together.

When you setup online reservations, you can also include guests so that you are together.

Yes, but remember that you'll need to know your friends booking number in order to include him in the reservation that you make, and that it will decrease his number of advance reservations that may be made.

In other words, you wont be giving him half of one of your reservations, you will be making a reservation on his behalf.

I'm traveling solo with a friend who is also traveling solo. Will I be able to make the reservations for myself and include him? We've had a problem with that on HAL. We'd both make a reservation for one and then go to the restaurant when we got on and ask to combine the two.

When you book online have your friend's booking number ready/surname

Then when it asks if you want to share say NO

then add him as a guest to your reservation

If that fails just call Oceania or when you board speak to the maitre'd they will sort it

Thanks for the helpful answers but here's one more question. I'm in a penthouse and he's in a concierge so the maximum number of reservations we'll have is 4? We don't combine his and mine?

On Marina you get 2 in each of the 4 restaurants .... you cannot combine them to get 4 in each

If you are on the R-ships you both get 2 in each of the 2

Once you use your allotment you can go tot the maitre'd or ask your butler to get you more & ask for additional seatings if you are flexible with time & days

Or since you have a PH get a meal served in your suite for both of you from whatever specialty restaurant you prefer

enjoy

Thanks for the helpful answers but here's one more question. I'm in a penthouse and he's in a concierge so the maximum number of reservations we'll have is 4? We don't combine his and mine?

You do not combine the number of reservations.

Each time that either of you makes an advance reservation where you want to dine together, you will have to give the name and booking number of both parties.

That reservation "counts" against the number of guaranteed reservations for each of you.

On Marina you get 2 in each of the 4 restaurants .... you cannot combine them to get 4 in each

As previously discussed on these boards (and to the chagrin of many), PH only gets 1 reservation to each restaurant on Marina. Only the suites get 2 in each restaurant.

But dinning in the suite is a great idea if one cannot get additional reservations.

As previously discussed on these boards (and to the chagrin of many), PH only gets 1 reservation to each restaurant on Marina. Only the suites get 2 in each restaurant.

OOPS!!! :o

Me bad I forgot about the new rules for Marina thanks for correcting me

It does not seem to be too much problem to get extra seating on Marina though

Lyn

Archived