Solstice class pools

Seenie

I have arthritis and I find that swimming/exercising in warm water is very helpful. Millennium class ships have the outdoor pool which isn't warm until you get to the tropics, and the therapy pool has gorgeous water, but it's really too small and shallow to exercise in.

What's the situation on the Solstice class ships?

And then there was the guy on our Connie TA last year who donned swim goggles and did "laps" in the therapy pool. VERY annoying for those of us indulging in aqua-zen, but also hilarious. :eek:

S-class ships have an absolutely gorgeous indoor swim area called the solarium with a heated pool, which I think is deep enough to get in and swim some laps/exercise.

It is supposed to be an adults-only area, but unfortunately there are those parents out there who think either their children are "so well behaved" they don't have to follow the adults only rules/or the rules simply don't apply to them.

Have a great trip!

We super loved the Solarium on the Solstice during our cruise two months ago. Below are my visuals on the Solarium during the day and in the evening. It was posted as adult only and there were no problems with parents and/or kids mis-using and/or abusing things. Great, wonderful area on the ship. Nice size pool for doing laps, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 28,332 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

In the main pool area, this is where the kids are more likely to be. They have these water jets that put on a nice “show”, both to watch and/or for kids to play in.:

SolsticeKidsPool.jpg

During many evenings, the Solstice Solarium area is almost like a private club for your personal use and enjoyment. We had a wonderful time using the hot tub, then the pool, then back to finish in the hot tub, etc. Super nice and never crowded in the evenings based on our mid-June cruise experiences.:

SolsticeSolariumNight2View.jpg

Thanks for the input! Love the pics ...

I was a bit worried that I would miss the lovely warm M-class therapy pool, but I think I'm going to like the "proper" indoor pool just as well.

Another question: what's the max depth?

Thanks for the input! Love the pics ... I was a bit worried that I would miss the lovely warm M-class therapy pool, but I think I'm going to like the "proper" indoor pool just as well. Another question: what's the max depth?

Glad you'll like this "proper" indoor pool. Like that word "proper". Sounds cool and interesting . . . and CLASSY!

Agree that five foot depth sounds about right. Maybe 4.5", but that's in the range. The pool is well designed and quality-built. I was impressed.

THANKS for the pic comment! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 28,853 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Glad you'll like this "proper" indoor pool. Like that word "proper". Sounds cool and interesting . . . and CLASSY!

LOL, it's a funny word for a Canadian to use ... first "adopted" its use from my Brit in-laws. MiL used it in "turn on the proper light!". Meaning, of course, the dreadful ceiling fixture that makes everyone look perfectly awful. :eek:

But a proper pool, to me, is one that is deep enough to tread water reasonably. Five feet will do.

Hi everyone can I ask about the pools on celebrity ships. We travelled on our first p&o cruise in Feb this year and on Azura the pool was 1.8m at the shallow end which I didn't enjoy and was no good for my twin girls who are 7 and not confident swimmers - they don't have a kids pool just a small toddler splash pool which they were too big for.

You say the max depth on solstice is 5ft any idea on the shallow end - this would be for the main pools which kids are allowed in?

Many thanks for any info

Great pics and info TLC! Makes me wish even more that I had been able to stay on the same Solstice cruise that you were on. Oh well, hopefully soon.

Appreciate the shout-out and nice comments, John. YES, we had a super cruise in mid June. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Very impressed with the quality of the ship, its design, etc. Too bad you could not have sailed along. BUT, there are lots of options for the future. Hopefully, it will work out for you on an upcoming date.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 29,498 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Archived