Does the concierge ALWAYS email you before the cruise (suite level)?

kstrib

No. Out of 3 cruises this year we have had just one email. You can email them though.

When they didn't email last time we were told it was because we hadn't completed on line check in at least 3 weeks in advance! This seemed odd as they had the email address on booking and on the crown and anchor account.

They have always contacted us a week before the sailing. You can contact them when ever you want. I needed some MTD revisions for my 09/04 serenade sailing and Francois took care of it. He is the concierge for the Serenade. There are many threads with the email address. The serenade is

SR_concierge@rccl.com, Explorer is EX_concierge@rccl.com etc.

Whether they e-mail you ahead of time or not I have found very hit or miss. I have also found that e-mail response prior to sailing is also very hit or miss. I wouldn't be all that concerned...if you are booked in a suite I would just visit the concierge on embarkation day and i am sure they will be able to accommodate you.

Never stayed in a GS before is the stationery really have your name on it?

Does the stationery have my name on it? Really?? That was uncalled for. I didn't make the list of perks that the suites get, I just PAID for them so I'm hoping to use them.

Thanks to everyone else who answered. I looked on previous posts and found the Liberty concierge's email to be lb_concierge@rccl.com. I'll plan on using that if I haven't heard anything.

Thanks, PantherFan. The reason for the question: My DH and I booked the cruise while on another and my parents weren't with us, as the reservation states I have my DH and father sharing a room and Me and Mom. All in Grand Suites, all Diamond Plus, so if they still did the stationary - I would be prepared to explain when either I emailed them or they emailed me. Again, thanks PantherFan.

I have never had one email me and I can't remember the last time we weren't in a suite. We are also diamond plus.

I guess it depends upon the ship and the personel. :confused:

They have always been very helpful once onboard.

Maria

My apologies... I jumped to a false conclusion. I guess I've been reading too much CC and seeing the jabs at those in suites vs. not in suites. Again, sorry.

To answer your question seriously... I have no idea. I'm not cruising until 2012 so I'm happy to report when I get back but I doubt you'll still need the info by then.

We were in a GS in March 2010 and we never got an email. We're in a GS this Oct and we'll see whether we do or not. I plan to contact the concierge myself if I don't because I want t put dibs on a particular cabana in Labadee.

Does the stationery have my name on it? Really?? That was uncalled for. I didn't make the list of perks that the suites get, I just PAID for them so I'm hoping to use them.

Thanks to everyone else who answered. I looked on previous posts and found the Liberty concierge's email to be lb_concierge@rccl.com. I'll plan on using that if I haven't heard anything.

If Mario is still the concierge on Liberty, you won't be disappointed. Very nice and helpful. We don't usually ask for much from the concierge but he was always there when we did need his assistance.

I did receive a email prior to the sailing, asking if there was any thing he could do as far as reservations spa,specialty dining etc.

Please please share the information on the cabins on Labadee? Are the expensive ones really the best? I am looking for one that is close to the water but has shade.

I want one of ones closest to the water and they are the most expensive because they are so close. What I don't want is one up on the hill. The most shaded ones are farther away from the water because of the tree cover. They all have a covered area, but it's where the couch area is, not the loungers.

To answer your question about receiving emails from the concierge prior to boarding, we are suite cruisers and have been since we started with Royal Caribbean.

Since they started the email program, I will say that we get an email from the conciege about 80% of the time. Many of the concierges we have sailed with more than once, and it's nice to be re aquainted via email to start our vacation.

We have a list of items that we want in our cabin......and the concierge is happy to pass them on to our cabin steward, so that the day that we arrive, most everything is set for us.

Which may help answer another question posted on this board...about how much to tip the concierge. In our case, the concierge has already started working for us before we board the ship.:D

If you are cruise in a full suite, and don't hear from the concierge, it's easy to get the email address from Crown and Anchor, and then drop them a line, introducing yourself, and cabin number, and explain anything that you might like your cabin steward to take care of before you board.

Rick

Thanks, I am not in a GS until 2012 - which seems like forever. I wish there was a chart that actually listed all the perks, by ship to avoid so much confusion.

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

We were on Oasis this past week and had a few issues w/ the concierge. I tried to ask very little of them, but still found them to be unresponsive. After a few days of general attitude and frustration w/ them, I actually spoke w/ their manager, who is the Director of Guest Services. I explained some of the issues that I was experiencing and asked her if my expectations were unreasonable. Our last concierge was Mario on Liberty and I wondered if we had just been spoiled by him.

One of my complaints was that we did not receive a pre-cruise welcome and I sent them 3 separate emails asking them to help with two things - a cabana reservation and a reservation at Giovanni's for a party of 12 (we finally got a response back, but it was 2 days before the cruise and I had already left). The Guest Services Director told me that it is now standard policy, across the fleet that all concierges send out a pre-cruise email. She said there is a lot of focus on suite passengers right now by the cruise line and this is just one of the things that they should be consistently doing.

• 2 weeks later...
We were on Oasis this past week and had a few issues w/ the concierge. I tried to ask very little of them, but still found them to be unresponsive. After a few days of general attitude and frustration w/ them, I actually spoke w/ their manager, who is the Director of Guest Services. I explained some of the issues that I was experiencing and asked her if my expectations were unreasonable. Our last concierge was Mario on Liberty and I wondered if we had just been spoiled by him.

One of my complaints was that we did not receive a pre-cruise welcome and I sent them 3 separate emails asking them to help with two things - a cabana reservation and a reservation at Giovanni's for a party of 12 (we finally got a response back, but it was 2 days before the cruise and I had already left). The Guest Services Director told me that it is now standard policy, across the fleet that all concierges send out a pre-cruise email. She said there is a lot of focus on suite passengers right now by the cruise line and this is just one of the things that they should be consistently doing.

Sailing in five days on Freedom in a royal family suite, no email yet, we shall see. Tried to make reservations one night for Chops at 5:30, but the RC website wouldn't let me do it as DD is 11, said I needed to wait until onboard. That's the kind of thing which would be nice to accomplish through concierge prior to boarding.

Archived