Baby pool great idea...but then...

EricaLovesCats

what do you do with the water?!?!?

So Ive been reading threads for years now, but now I have a baby I want to cruise with. Many say they bring one of those inflatable pools for them to use which I thought was an awesome idea. Then it just hit me.....where/how do you empty the water out?!?!?! Because if you pour it back into the main pool then that defeats the whole purpose of "kid cant be in this pool because they may pee/poo/spit/etc in it" rule...know what I mean? And I would imagine the crew may frown on you dumping it over the side of the ship....:p

You DON'T empty it into the pool! There are floor drains around...or shower drains! And, you don't put ALOT of water in it...just enough for "splashing"...doesn't have to be full to the top!!! As far as using it on your balcony, I've never figured out how to empty a blow up anything from a balcony! But, it will be great to use as a tub in those showers!

Geesh you read our posts and didn't read the part were we told you to throw it over the side of the balcony? :p

Kidding!

Yes, we aren't talking HUGE mega sized pools. :D Just get the smallest baby pool you can find (Munchkin Duck tub so you can double it in the shower as a bath tub) and fill it with a couple of buckets of water. THEN, ask a crew member for the "closest pool drain" - OR janitor's closet sink (that also works) or most pools have a shower with a shower drain.

Yep! I was kind of nervous about this myself but sure enough there were drains all over the deck. I set up the pool right next to one and it took about 10 seconds to empty it and be on our way!

Yep! I was kind of nervous about this myself but sure enough there were drains all over the deck. I set up the pool right next to one and it took about 10 seconds to empty it and be on our way!

Parking next to a drain just became my plan :D! It's so funny how you never notice things if you think you don't have a need for it...like drains! I don't remember seeing any drains but then again why would I have been looking! lol

Well and remember, unless you're planning to board the ship with a baby pool in one hand and the baby in the other, you'll have plenty of opportunities to scope out the drains! We were on the pool deck for sailaway and I just happened to look down and was like...hey! Look at the drains! :)

We used our little pool on the balcony...we decided to bring a $5 pool instead of our duck bathtub. And, it was a great hit, and we just threw it away when we left. It doesnt take much water for them to have fun. We used the plastic water bucket to fill the water and then scooped it out and poured it down the drain in the shower. Lilly had the best time!

Yeah its amazing how much you don't pay attention to until you have kids and start looking for that kind of stuff. My kids are obviously getting older since I started writing on this board - but on every ship I still look for:

--signs for no diapers in pools

--pool drains

--highchairs/what kind

--strollers in the MDR/where they park them

--grab kids program pages for every age

--look for any kid friendly programs onboard (pre-purchase diapers/toy lending, etc)

--in the gift shop/do they stock diapers/baby supplies

I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning but I can remember if I saw diapers in the gift shop on a cruise I sailed on 2 years ago. :eek:

Archived