Galveston hotel w/balcony on seawall

407dm

Hi

I am looking for someplace to stay for one night or two before our cruise in january. I would like to stay on seawall, with a balcony room.

If you have any ideas let me know.

the place that I stayed at last time is now the 4 points and no more balcony rooms

Hi

I am looking for someplace to stay for one night or two before our cruise in january. I would like to stay on seawall, with a balcony room.

If you have any ideas let me know.

the place that I stayed at last time is now the 4 points and no more balcony rooms

2 that I know of--Country Inn & Suites & Quality Inn & Suites--sure there are a lot more.

We have stayed at both Gaidos Seaside Inn and Holiday Inn ...both have good views of the water. Holiday Inn was higher...our room was 4th or 5th floor. Gaidos is only 2 story, but much less expensive, and has one of our favorite spots to eat. We'll be staying at Gaidos again this December. Both places have free cruise parking, and Holiday Inn has a free shutle to the ship and back. If you stay at Gaidos, ask for their Cruise Special...you get discounted room and a discounted meal in their restraunt.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We are staying at San Luis Resort on the Seawall. It has balconies and looks nice. We will know in February.

You win the prize for the nicest hotel w/balconies on the Seawall!!! It also has a huge heated pool. You will be happy with your choice!

BTW...Gaido's Seaside Inn is pretty dumpy and all you get is a view of the parking lot! Too many other nice places in Galveston to stay to go there. The Hilton is right next to Landry's and has a large number of rooms that have balconies!

When we go over to Galveston for a weekend, we usually stay at The Galvez too. I love their pool and love the old hotel. It's haunted too! :)

I agree about the hotels on the Seawall, most except maybe the San Luis will have aparking lot views PLUS the 5 lanes of the Seawall. If you have a car, there are several time shares that rent out (sometimes a 2 night minimum) that are at the end of the Seawall but right on the beach. We have a place at the Escapes to the Gulf. All have balconies and most of water views. You won't get a breakfast or free parking or a shuttle. But they are really nice

I dont care if its brown or green...for this Missouri boy, its cool to sit outside and enjoy the view. Last time, we watched some cool surfing. It may not have been Hawaaii Five-O type waves, but it was relaxing to watch! We'll always stay on the seawall!:)

We are trying to decide...seawall or strand...

And Howdy there from one good ol MO boy to another...

GP

P.S.

For you Galvestonites, or Galvestonians, or whatever... :p

Looks like there is a biker rally in town on Nov 6th.

How's that figure into the seawall vs. strand debate?

The Lone Star Bike Rally is November 3 to 6.

If you don't have a hotel room, they will be difficult to come by, expensive and require a minimum number night stay.

There are only 2 hotels near the Strand, Harbor House on the port at Pier 21 and The Tremont on Mechanic and 23rd.

If you can get a hotel room, try the Seawall. But if you have not reserved something, I really don't see you getting a room at this late date.

Good Luck

The Lone Star Bike Rally is November 3 to 6.

If you don't have a hotel room, they will be difficult to come by, expensive and require a minimum number night stay.

There are only 2 hotels near the Strand, Harbor House on the port at Pier 21 and The Tremont on Mechanic and 23rd.

If you can get a hotel room, try the Seawall. But if you have not reserved something, I really don't see you getting a room at this late date.

Good Luck

We'll be there the night of the 6th. Seems like there were a lot of hotels with rooms. :confused: I guess the biker folks are heading out on the 6th and not staying that night (thankfully for us!).

GP

We are trying to decide...seawall or strand...

And Howdy there from one good ol MO boy to another...

GP

P.S.

For you Galvestonites, or Galvestonians, or whatever... :p

Looks like there is a biker rally in town on Nov 6th.

How's that figure into the seawall vs. strand debate?

Howdy back-atcha!!!:)

I'm just trying to figure out which hotels in Galveston offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal. On the websites, I've been searching, most say close the the terminal, but I am not seeing any hotels have a shuttle. How do most people get to the terminal from the hotels?

I'm just trying to figure out which hotels in Galveston offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal. On the websites, I've been searching, most say close the the terminal, but I am not seeing any hotels have a shuttle. How do most people get to the terminal from the hotels?

I need this info also. Thanks in advance for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about shuttle services, but last September we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. If you find it on google maps you can see it was still under construction when that was taken, so it's quite new. We loved it and it was reasonably priced. It's kind of at 29th and Seawall, but there's only one small building between it and Seawall and if you are in a room higher than the 2nd floor you have a clear view.

We are going to be cruising out next July and I can't imagine us staying anywhere else.

From my experience - Tremont, Galvez & Hilton. I'm sure there are others. Try http://www.galveston.com for places to stay. Most of the hotel/motels post their services. Stay on Seawall Blvd. It's a great way to get ready for your cruise.

Archived