Can I buy 2 cabins with Past Guest Rates?

DaveNetMan

As a past guest, I can book on Carnival and get the Past Guest Rate. If another couple joins us, can I book 2 cabins in my name and get the Past Guest rate for both of us? Or am I limited to 1 cabin?

Thanks!

Dave

There has to be a Past Guest staying in the cabin to get the past guest rate. If your husband is a past guest, you can book him in the other room but when you get onboard you would probably have to switch yourselves around. I'm not sure how the charges would work with the S&S cards if you are both in 2 seperate rooms. I'm sure someone else on the boards has knowledge of that.

It can be done. Just book one friend with dh in one cabin, other friend with you in another cabin. Once on board, go right to guest services desk and switch dh back to your cabin (or visa versa). Sail and sign cards and accounts can easily be switched, and set up with everyone with their own account on their own credit card. No mess at all - we have done it several times. It is easier if reservations are "linked", which yours probably will be, as you will be booking 2 cabins. Just ask to link them.

I would let them do their own booking, it is going to be a financial mess and then you won't be friends. :(

Not true. If done like woodey states there are no problems. DW and I did this with her sister and BIL and didn't have any prohed things arounblem. We switcd at the check in counter.

I'm doing this for our upcoming cruise with another couple.

We have adjoining rooms, so it is less complicated if it needs to be.

Each sail and sign card is linked to whatever credit card you want at checkin, so that doesn't matter if you don't swap the rooms.

I figure the only thing we might have to worry about is getting our beds pushed together because they will see the rooms as 2 guys / 2 girls on the reservation.

I've been told we can also request extra room keys upon boarding.

I'm doing this for our upcoming cruise with another couple.

We have adjoining rooms, ...

I figure the only thing we might have to worry about is getting our beds pushed together because they will see the rooms as 2 guys / 2 girls on the reservation.

I've been told we can also request extra room keys upon boarding.

Couldn't you have avoided that by booking the two rooms M/F, M/F, rather than M/M, F/F? Plus that could give you something better to joke about at subsequent dinner parties!

Couldn't you have avoided that by booking the two rooms M/F, M/F, rather than M/M, F/F? Plus that could give you something better to joke about at subsequent dinner parties!

LOL! I DID think about it... unfortunately it was *after* we booked!

We can still have fun with the steward either way when we initially ask for them to be pushed together (before he figures out what we did!) :)

Archived