Photo Pricing on Star

agabbymama

Anyone have recent info on what the photos are selling for on Star?

I wanted to have the photographer come by our Meet & Greet and was told, they would charge me $100 an hour. If their photos are as high priced as their photographer, I won't be purchasing any.:confused:

I was on the Star in March and 8x10's were $20, I think. They ran some specials like buy 4 and get 1 free and the like. I've never even considered hiring one of their photographers to come and do pictures for me personally or for a private event. I think it makes sense that they would charge more for that.

.... was told, they would charge me $100 an hour. ..

I would go back at them...sounds like an answer from a non-business person. :p

Tell them there are how-many-people in your M & G and that's probably the minimum number of prints they'd sell if they just came and took the picture(s).

If there is still pushback, wait until you're onboard, then ask (read..."tell"..) the Photo manager to have a guy with a camera at your event.

I would go back at them...sounds like an answer from a non-business person. :p

Tell them there are how-many-people in your M & G and that's probably the minimum number of prints they'd sell if they just came and took the picture(s).

If there is still pushback, wait until you're onboard, then ask (read..."tell"..) the Photo manager to have a guy with a camera at your event.

This is the event coordinator for the Star, that I have to deal with. She knows the number in our party and that it is Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. All of that had to be in my email when I first asked for a venue for the Meet & Greet. I could try getting the photographer after we're on-board, but I'm certainly not paying for one.

This is the event coordinator for the Star, that I have to deal with. She knows the number in our party and that it is Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. All of that had to be in my email when I first asked for a venue for the Meet & Greet. I could try getting the photographer after we're on-board, but I'm certainly not paying for one.

I find this very odd they would want to charge you. You find the photographers all over the ship and when you exit at the ports and all they do is try to take as many pictures as they can and sometimes can be annoying. They then print them and hang them up with the intent you will buy them yet how many get wasted?

Here you offer them a chance to take some extra pictures with the intent they can then sell them to a group of people and they want to charge basically a sitting fee?

I find this very odd they would want to charge you. You find the photographers all over the ship and when you exit at the ports and all they do is try to take as many pictures as they can and sometimes can be annoying. They then print them and hang them up with the intent you will buy them yet how many get wasted?

Here you offer them a chance to take some extra pictures with the intent they can then sell them to a group of people and they want to charge basically a sitting fee?

My thought exactly. We have 64 signed up right now, with still 6 weeks to go. Even if you divide by 2 for couples, that could be potentially 32 photos at $20 each??? For 5-10 minutes of the photographer's time.

Maybe I'll take my camera and take some shots of all the folks.:eek:

take your own photos--its cheaper and probably the CCers arent going to purchase them anyway.

never been at a M&G where a photographer was shooting pics.

I totally agree with STARFISH ... on one of our M & M, one of the CC member's took a couple of photo's and he shared them online with everyone that was in attendance at the event. You had the choice of viewing them or downloading them at NO CHARGE. The photo's were great and looked very professional. I'm sure that with 64 member's ..... someone will have a good enough camera and you would be surprised how willing a CC member is to helping out their fellow cruisers. Just ask!

OceanDreams

Archived