Access to Room

DH30

Thanks. We are planning on getting to the port early. This will be our first cruise so we will board as soon as they let us and then explore the ship. I am carrying on a backpack with a few things and would like to drop most of it off in the room.

Thanks. We are planning on getting to the port early. This will be our first cruise so we will board as soon as they let us and then explore the ship. I am carrying on a backpack with a few things and would like to drop most of it off in the room.

Go eat lunch first up in the buffet, then check out your dining table in the MDR and then go get a hole punched in your S&S card, by then its almost 1:30 pm I bet.

I go and eat lunch first though and take my carrys on with me.

depends on the ship but for regular guests usually about 130-2pm and for platinum guests...its ready by the time you get on the boat

Which has never been documented.. just people on here say they think they are so entitled they go to their cabins early and just go thru the closed doors.

Im platinum and I respect the closed doors and until I see it in writing Im not going to say, hey Im special .. Im just going to barge in. just my opinion. but this is not a platinum perk except in people's minds on CC from what I can tell... unless you have a link saying its ok.

well according to the concierge desk on my last cruise...this is the case. We were fresh off a red eye overnight flight with no sleep so I asked the platinum desk attendant when our room would be ready so we could nap and she told us it should be ready now and to go up and ask our cabin steward...this was at noon when we boarded. So I walked up and peeked my head in the doors and flagged down the room steward and asked him. He says "Yes your room has been ready since 10am sir, right this way" and took us to our room and informed us to put the do not disturb tag on our door if we wanted to rest. So hey...I guess im special. Was I breaking any rules....no. The employee told me to go up...so I went up. The room steward also mentioned that they always service rooms of VIP (suites) and Platinum guests first thing in the morning so that their rooms are ready for them by the time they board the vessel.

well according to the concierge desk on my last cruise...this is the case. We were fresh off a red eye overnight flight with no sleep so I asked the platinum desk attendant when our room would be ready so we could nap and she told us it should be ready now and to go up and ask our cabin steward...this was at noon when we boarded. So I walked up and peeked my head in the doors and flagged down the room steward and asked him. He says "Yes your room has been ready since 10am sir, right this way" and took us to our room and informed us to put the do not disturb tag on our door if we wanted to rest. So hey...I guess im special. Was I breaking any rules....no. The employee told me to go up...so I went up. The room steward also mentioned that they always service rooms of VIP (suites) and Platinum guests first thing in the morning so that their rooms are ready for them by the time they board the vessel.
I wish that this was published somewhere so that those who are platinum have the choice of either schlepping their stuff with them or dropping it off at their cabin once on board. Hmmmm maybe this will be one of the perks that JH has been hinting about for the past three years?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wish that this was published somewhere so that those who are platinum have the choice of either schlepping their stuff with them or dropping it off at their cabin once on board. Hmmmm maybe this will be one of the perks that JH has been hinting about for the past three years?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

me too. I would go in early if they put it in writing that I could. Otherwise Im not going to ask.

CCL does need to offer us platinums more perks I think. But normally I dont care to go right to my room. I want to go up and have some lunch before heading off to see my room. But in the case of being up for 24+ hours...eating isnt on my mind, sleep is. So thats why I asked the platinum desk.

me too. I would go in early if they put it in writing that I could. Otherwise Im not going to ask.

Don't think this will hapen. As soon as platinum starts going to rooms, everyone else will assume it is o.k for them to go also. They would need someone at every entrance checking for platinum passengers only...

good point payroll. I guess maybe thats why its a "talked about" thing and not an in writting thing with the platinum guests. However on my last cruise they said there was only a handful of platinum guests so if it was something in writting for platinum only I dont see it being an issue since there usually are not many platinums on each cruise from my understanding. Maybe its something they should tell us when we check in..."your room will be ready when you board"

good point payroll. I guess maybe thats why its a "talked about" thing and not an in writting thing with the platinum guests. However on my last cruise they said there was only a handful of platinum guests so if it was something in writting for platinum only I dont see it being an issue since there usually are not many platinums on each cruise from my understanding. Maybe its something they should tell us when we check in..."your room will be ready when you board"

Makes sense to handle it by " word of mouth "..

Archived