cost of beer

Hello everyone!! can anyone tell me how much a bottle of budweiser beer cost on the voyager? My husband drinks beer and was wondering if it would be cheaper to have a company deliver it. Thanks in advance

Hello everyone!! can anyone tell me how much a bottle of budweiser beer cost on the voyager? My husband drinks beer and was wondering if it would be cheaper to have a company deliver it. Thanks in advance

They were $3 a bottle, far cheaper than the cost of an air drop!

Stretch

but doesn't RCI have a policy that states NO ALCOHOL is allowed to be brought onboard? I know there are those that do it anyway, but the question I have is....why would they let someone have alcohol delivered to the ship? I have seen this twice now, that someone will deliver it. How do they not know it's like a 12 pk. of beer or whatever?

I'd just buy it on the ship. Unless he drinks a case a day, I don't see it being practical to have liquor delivered to you...

While we're on the subject of alcohol, does anyone have a bar list for RCCL? My father is very interested in the liquor, and I'd like to see what wines I will (I'm 18 finally LOL) be able to have with dinner? Prices would be great as well. If not, thanks anyways :)

hey pegleg who the heck do you think you are? I can certainly afford the beer if you don't have anything else to do but be an assh*#! don't even comment. Jerk

Wow, harsh. Why the name calling? He has a valid point, as you asked about the cost of the beer, and suggested you would possibly circumvent the cost by having your own supply shipped to you. Come on, what did you think we would assume :rolleyes: .

Funny funny all of these posts about the cost of beer. When you are going to be away for a number of days and doing nothing but eating, drinking, and doing a little sight seeing, the bill at the end can be pretty shocking. I read about a couple that had charged up $1,000 bar tab over a 4 night cruise!! Yeah, I think I would fall over if my bar tab cost more than my vacation.

Anyway, I would also appreciate an avg. cost of frozen drinks, call brands, and import beers. I drink Coronas, Dos Equis...anything you can put a lime in, while hubby is a Bud light drinker. While I don't think we'll come near to the $1,000 cruise tab, I'd like to have an idea in mind of what we can expect to spend.

Thanks!! :)

Hi bethwte

I sent an e.mail to RCI requesting this same info as my DH doesn't like alcohol, but enjoys the odd alcohol free beer or wine.

I searched the boards to no avail for this info. Although I believe there is a link about it somewhere on http://www.cruiseclues.com showing that most beers are in the $3 bracket.

RCI have sent me by e.mail a copy of the wine list but i'm not genned up enough on this PC thingy enough to be able to transfer it to this site.

I will be more than happy to forward it to you though if you want to send me your e.mail address. mines is s.hynes@logon.co.uk

feel free to contact me and I will send it by return as soon as I get it.

N.B RCI do not mention wine packages or soda cards at all in their reply to me, but I know from reading these boards that they do exist.

Just Because 800-882-9707 will deliver 12 packs fro 20.00 plus the ship fee.... do a search on beer and it will come up "companies who deliver beer..."

Don't know if this is cheaper than the ships...

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

Why is it that when a simple question is asked it gets turned into a matter of whether you can afford things? All I wanted to know was how much a bottle of beer was on the ship. I hope you guys don't take this same attitude with you on your vacation. ;)

It costs about what you would pay at a bar or at a restaurant that serves alcohol. Looking back at our seapass bill, a Mich. Ultra was $3.45. Buckets of Lite by the pool was $20.70. Most of our $1100 bar bill was buying rounds so I can't tell you much more. The tip is included.

I agree Madaamt. I got the same kind of attitude when I said I was 'disappointed' w/our current room assignment and asked how likely it is that we could get upgraded as first time cruisers. We booked a guaranteed outside room and someone responded with ...why don't people just pay for what they want and not expect to be upgraded? I too want to know as much as I can about what to expect, because it is our first time and there are a lot of nicer people on these boards that are willing to give helpful advice.

Don't worry about the rudeness on these message boards. These people are angry with life and have to ridicule anything they can every chance they get. How sad. I would hate to be stuck with those people at my dining table on a long cruise!

Would it be in poor taste to take a bucket of beers into the dining room for dinner?

Just order it after you are seated......and enjoy;)

Madaamt....I mentioned something about a candle on another thread and got hammered and someone didn't like my behovior and wouldn't want to sail with me. Hell, I'm so laid back and easy going it isn't funny.:D

Enjoy your cruise and just remember when posting here, it is after all a message board, and your likes and dislikes are not going to be the same as the next guy.

Hi, I'm a beer drinker. Was so full on great food most of the trip that I didn't have much room for mucho beers. My wife and I drank alot less than we thought. About a $275 bar tab for & nights. Also, $1 cold bottle beers can be had shopping in St Martin at their liquor stores amongst all the jewelery and clothes stores.

Pegleg: What I can afford and what I choose to buy are not the same thing. I am in a very comfortable financial position not because I make a lot of money but rather because I choose to spend carefully.

Cruzincurt: Yes, it would be in poor taste to walk into the formal dining room with a bucket of beer. Isn't the visual enough? Order it from the waiter in the dining room.

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/adventure_of_the_seas-1/p1010256.html

This menu may be a little out dated, but there it is.

:) Bobbie <----- who will never judge anyone here, just gives (hopefully) helpful advice and is ADDICTED to cruising and taking pictures.

Welcome to all the new CruiseCritic members out there!

Archived