Anyone taken Carnival shuttle from Galveston Pier to Houston Hobby Airport?

mintsugarcube

Hey everyone,

We are so excited to cruise from a new port. But we are stressing oh so much about it!

We were thinking of taking the carnival shuttle back from Galveston Pier to Houston Hobby Airport. Carnival has a "don't book your flight before 1:30pm or you may miss the flight" mantra.

The flight we want to leave on departs at 12:25pm. The ship docks at 8am. If we don't choose that flight time we are stuck at the airport until about 4pm. I spoke to a carnival rep who says that it really doesn't take that long (to 1:30pm) to get to the airport, but wouldn't talk any further about it. The ride from the pier to the airport only takes one hour.

Has anyone taken the carnival shuttle to hobby airport? What time did you arrive at the airport?

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone,

We are so excited to cruise from a new port. But we are stressing oh so much about it!

We were thinking of taking the carnival shuttle back from Galveston Pier to Houston Hobby Airport. Carnival has a "don't book your flight before 1:30pm or you may miss the flight" mantra.

The flight we want to leave on departs at 12:25pm. The ship docks at 8am. If we don't choose that flight time we are stuck at the airport until about 4pm. I spoke to a carnival rep who says that it really doesn't take that long (to 1:30pm) to get to the airport, but wouldn't talk any further about it. The ride from the pier to the airport only takes one hour.

Has anyone taken the carnival shuttle to hobby airport? What time did you arrive at the airport?

Thanks so much!

Out of Glaveston I wouldn't book a flight the same day myself.. sailed from there once and never again.. I would take the 4pm flight.. JMPO...

Iv got flight out of Miami at 3 pm and 9 pm if that answers you question. probably no problems .. but Im not willing to gamble, rather wait at the airport with a book.

I have taken cruiseline shuttles. did they mention they you may sit in the bus for a whole hour. Yep, happened to me, just missing one shuttle they said was full, get on the next one.. first one on. it waited for a entire hour, didnt fill up, and then it leaves. thats the rule, if the bus doesnt fill in a hour then it leaves to the airport. So if you time it badly, thats 2 hours of waiting to get to the aiport.

I was on ectasy out of galveston when it hit the port, oops, 10 am they let me into the elevator, 10:30 I hit customs. you would have missed your flight .. and full customs and other times when debarkation wasnt as fast as other times.

A regular shuttle will be faster to the airport than carnival.

I'd book the 4p and not stress about it. Glaveston can be notorious for fog, thus delaying the ships back into port. We have used a private driver from Hobby to Galveston and back. Be glad to share if you like. I'd also check the Gulf ports board, much more info there.

I found that the price of a limo service was not much more than the cruise lines transportation from Galveston to Hobby, so that's what we chose. As somebody previously mentioned, you may have to sit and wait for the bus to fill up. :D

I'd book the 4p and not stress about it. Glaveston can be notorious for fog, thus delaying the ships back into port. We have used a private driver from Hobby to Galveston and back. Be glad to share if you like. I'd also check the Gulf ports board, much more info there.

I'd love the info daretoodream at cox dot net. Thanks! Sherry

The last time we sailed out of Galveston (last year) the debarkation process took so long, that we had to have a Taxi to make out 1:30pm flight, and we BARELY made it (and we had paid for the transfer). My suggestion is to take a 2:00pm flight at a minimum.

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much!

Not sure about the price of a cab but It'd probably make a hundred disappear. Instead of worrying all week just take the later flight. I've been in your situation many times and most of the time I could have taken the earlier flight but again, the stress and worry.

Does anyone know what the cost of a regular taxi from the Galveston Pier to Houston Hobby Airport is? And if there are regular taxis at the pier when you walk off.

Not sure about a regular taxi but I booked with a private limo company and the total cost for two of us from Galveston pier to Hobby was $90. I thought that was pretty good. It was not a stretch limo but a Lincoln Town Car and very comfortable. :)

The only times you might, and I stress might, experience fog would be in the winter months.

We are also trying Galveston. It will probably be our first and last from there. It has been so much of a hassle. They told us not to take the early flight. We leave around supper time and get home almost midnite. Not happy about that. The 12:30 or close said it was too early. We did the limo going there. We felt no sense taking it back to the airport. Now we are stuck there all day. This past Feb we took an early flight home from Ft Lauderdale and was home before we are leaving on this one. I will try it once. I think next will be back to Florida. So easy. . 13 cruises out of Florida. Have to say this one is harder than all my other ones . Not impressed so far at all.

We are also trying Galveston. It will probably be our first and last from there. It has been so much of a hassle. They told us not to take the early flight. We leave around supper time and get home almost midnite. Not happy about that. The 12:30 or close said it was too early. We did the limo going there. We felt no sense taking it back to the airport. Now we are stuck there all day. This past Feb we took an early flight home from Ft Lauderdale and was home before we are leaving on this one. I will try it once. I think next will be back to Florida. So easy. . 13 cruises out of Florida. Have to say this one is harder than all my other ones . Not impressed so far at all.

We feel the same way about cruising from Galveston ... never again. I should have done some additional homework and checking before I booked our Voyager cruise this past January. Transportation to and from airports was costly. We also stayed an additional night in Houston on our return since we couldn't get flights to get home at a decent time. :(

There are 7 of us, and we have a private van booked with Super Shuttle. $106 for the group, so it's MUCH cheaper than Carnival.

However, I was planning to get a 12:00 flight home, and now I'm rethinking that idea. Ugh... the next flight is 7:00 that evening.

Archived