Carnival doesn't honor early saver fares

wendybreezy35

[quote name='ChrisinOrl']Early Saver is not always Early Saver - I am so confused about the Early Saver program.

According to the ticket contract, the cruise fare [COLOR="Red"]does not[/COLOR] include Fees and Taxes. If that is the case, then why are fees and taxes included when determining eligibility for the early saver price protection?

According to the Carnival website, "[COLOR="red"]in the unlikely event that you do find a lower Carnival-advertised rate after booking your cruise, we will honor it and adjust your cruise rate accordingly[/COLOR] " Additionally, the website clearly states that "[COLOR="red"]price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and . . . applies to cruise fare only[/COLOR]."

I have seem my rate go down on two separate occasions, but each time I have been denied the early saver because the taxes and fees are higher.[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting.
I had not thought about it in this way.

[quote name='Seany527']They have rejected my early saver request online every time for this past cruise. I have to end up calling to get it corrected. About 5 phone calls over the past 2 months with a savings of $371.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/QUOTE]

Same here. Some requests approved, others denied, can't figure out why. If it's a considerable amount it's definitely worth calling to straighten out.

[quote name='overeasy']Same here. Some requests approved, others denied, can't figure out why. If it's a considerable amount it's definitely worth calling to straighten out.[/QUOTE]

If we're bringing this thread back, I am also having the same problem. I know the rules of the program, I've been using it since it debuted with no problem. As of late, I submit the form and within 5 minutes I have a denial that I'm not eligible. I inevitably end up on the phone getting it sorted out. The phone message now says that ES decisions will be made within the hour--I wonder if they're doing it by denying everyone and only honoring them for those that fight for it. It increases their bottom line if they're not giving the money back. We got another $40 price drop last night and I was on the phone with Carnival at 12:20am because of another denial.

[quote name='wendybreezy35']I saw on the carnival site a lower fare for pack n go. Ocean view that was quite alot lower in price so I sent in to get on board credit and was denied because it wasnt the specific category. What a bunch of B.S an ocean view is a ocean view. I check it with the fareviewer that people post on this site and it showed a cheaper price. Carnival doesnt honor thier word. This is my first cruise on carnival and I promise my last. I will try not to spend dime on the ship and will wait to I get to a port to drink. Carnival will lose alot more money than they would have given me in OBC. Has this happened to anyone else.[/quote]

*removing my comment to OP*
LOL@ 3 year old thread. Edited by Herbaltees

That's funny, I was just on the phone with carnival this morning after yet another ES form was rejected. The new past guest sale that started
today gave me an $80 drop, so yes I was adamant. First I was told it was only a gty rate. Nope. They she told me that she wasn't seeing any such rate. I told her to sign on to carnival.com. I'll wait, and we will walk they this together. ;). So ultimately she tried to tell me their system wasn't reflecting this brand new promo that is only good for 3 days, but I did get it on all 3.cabins.
The
Interesting thing though is that she said the ES form will get declined if it is not for the total amount. I was told you need to have your base fare, taxes, port fees, if you had purchased vacation protection, any transfer or prepaid tips.... I was like, huh? I can see base plus tax and port fees, but unless you are dropping down to another pricing tier on the insurance, everything else will remain the same.
I was always told to just go by base rate, so I was confused. So the next time I see a price drop I am going to try the full price thing and see if that gets declined as well. I always just submit assuming I will have to call after

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='BigRed93']That's funny, I was just on the phone with carnival this morning after yet another ES form was rejected. The new past guest sale that started
today gave me an $80 drop, so yes I was adamant. First I was told it was only a gty rate. Nope. They she told me that she wasn't seeing any such rate. I told her to sign on to carnival.com. I'll wait, and we will walk they this together. ;). So ultimately she tried to tell me their system wasn't reflecting this brand new promo that is only good for 3 days, but I did get it on all 3.cabins.
The
Interesting thing though is that she said the ES form will get declined if it is not for the total amount. I was told you need to have your base fare, taxes, port fees, if you had purchased vacation protection, any transfer or prepaid tips.... I was like, huh? I can see base plus tax and port fees, but unless you are dropping down to another pricing tier on the insurance, everything else will remain the same.
I was always told to just go by base rate, so I was confused. So the next time I see a price drop I am going to try the full price thing and see if that gets declined as well. I always just submit assuming I will have to call after

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]

I have tried to submit the form 3 times in the last week and it gets denied no matter what price I enter. Its just like it's an automatic email that gets sent out when you submit the ES form. I have to make my case and then they give me the adjusted rate. It's like they are hoping I just go away and forget about it.

I have different issues. they approve the wrong amount each time.

One of the problems with the form, is there's no getting to say "no, not that past guest sale, the other one"

They run 2 past guest sales at a time, one for a gty room, one for pick your own room, and it seems those on the other end who deny the forms don't realize there's two. If your form is rejected, you can call in to appeal still, and I have had forms approved before without a problem, also denied, but the denials are usually the past guest sale confusion.

:mad: I don't like submitting this new form. I submitted a price drop for my parents booking at 8:00 am this morning, while I was on the phone about mine. (I didn't know their pin #) Here it is 4.5 hours later and no response.

If I had the pin, it would have been done already.

[quote name='pbsteve']I have different issues. they approve the wrong amount each time.

One of the problems with the form, is there's no getting to say "no, not that past guest sale, the other one"

They run 2 past guest sales at a time, one for a gty room, one for pick your own room, and it seems those on the other end who deny the forms don't realize there's two. If your form is rejected, you can call in to appeal still, and I have had forms approved before without a problem, also denied, but the denials are usually the past guest sale confusion.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is what I experienced today. The person I talked to at Carnival had to do a mock booking, outside of her usual computer program, in order to verify what I was telling her.

We are booked ES on our upcoming Pride cruise in Jan 2015. Found a 'Sail from Fla' sale for $75 pp less than our booked fare.

Submitted the form online and got an approval e-mail within an hour. Due to increase in taxes and fees, the net reduction was $136. :)

I did not include any price other than the fare on the form.

[quote name='pbsteve']Remember to look at the special terms and conditions page, it will specify the rate code. For example the new past guest offer is DA3 or DA5[/QUOTE]

I was looking for that while I had her on the phone and those codes did not appear. Will have to look again in case another comes along.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My early saver forms have been denied twice. Each time I have to call and tell them how and where I found the rate, which is on their website, and the credit has been approved on the phone. It's a little annoying to have to go through hoops to get my credit.

[quote name='pbsteve']Remember to look at the special terms and conditions page, it will specify the rate code. For example the new past guest offer is DA3 or DA5[/QUOTE]

By the way, how do you find the rate code without calling Carnival? The gal who was trying to help me is the one that gave me the code DA5.

[quote name='goingcrzn11']My early saver forms have been denied twice. Each time I have to call and tell them how and where I found the rate, which is on their website, and the credit has been approved on the phone. It's a little annoying to have to go through hoops to get my credit.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me this morning. I've booked Early Saver rate and submitted the ES form literally dozens of times over the past years so I know what I'm doing when I fill it out. This morning I completed two forms for different cabins and both were denied within 10 minutes of submitting. I then called Carnival at the phone number and extension listed on the denial email. They were able to approve both price drops. Annoying to say the least! Why insist that you use the form if the people processing the forms don't know what they are doing! Edited by imluvncruzn

Very frustrating! This will be my third request. First request was very small but I heard back immediately and it was granted. Second request was larger, sent in last Thursday or Friday by my TA and still have not heard from Carnival. Just saw another substantial drop had my TA send in and Carnival said they did not see that rate. Did a fake booking, exact category which showed the lower rate. Sent that to my TA who resumitted and now we are playing the waiting games. Does Carnival think we will just go away and not pursue this or are they trying to force us to book directly through them I would book through Carnival but everytime I was going to, I got either a better rate or perks through a TA. I know my real problem is that my beloved TA of 10 years has just retired and we are missing her dearly as she always took care of these problems.

I put in for a price drop this morning for past guest rate. It got declined right away. So I called after work and reached somebody who told me that the early saver form is only recognizing that you're past final payment and not that you're early saver. He also had problem finding the correct past guest rate because he could only see the guarantee rate. He finally found it though and had to physically key it in. The code he used was DA5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Ehpride

[quote name='firefly333']Correct, the rules state you cannot downgrade and getting a gty is a downgrade .. another reason that they should not have honored it .. but they have with some. .. despite the rules.[/QUOTE]

IMO, most of those who finally get what they think are owed get that because Carnival is tired of listening/explaining to the squeaky wheel. Edited by Out to sea!