Carnival doesn't honor early saver fares

wendybreezy35

[quote name='BigRed93']That's funny, I was just on the phone with carnival this morning after yet another ES form was rejected. The new past guest sale that started
today gave me an $80 drop, so yes I was adamant. First I was told it was only a gty rate. Nope. They she told me that she wasn't seeing any such rate. I told her to sign on to carnival.com. I'll wait, and we will walk they this together. ;). So ultimately she tried to tell me their system wasn't reflecting this brand new promo that is only good for 3 days, but I did get it on all 3.cabins.
The
Interesting thing though is that she said the ES form will get declined if it is not for the total amount. I was told you need to have your base fare, taxes, port fees, if you had purchased vacation protection, any transfer or prepaid tips.... I was like, huh? I can see base plus tax and port fees, but unless you are dropping down to another pricing tier on the insurance, everything else will remain the same.
I was always told to just go by base rate, so I was confused. So the next time I see a price drop I am going to try the full price thing and see if that gets declined as well. I always just submit assuming I will have to call after

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I have always submitted my ES forms with base rate only and have never had one declined.

[quote name='firefly333']I also think carnival is to blame .. as you see above .. lambie got to match the rates and give up here cabin.. carnival is inconsistent, and some people get it and some dont, so I understand their frustration.

carnival needs to make a rule and enforce it.. not give it to just some people.

carnival is too inconsistent in enforcing their own rules.[/QUOTE]

Again it looks like you want to compare apples and oranges. Yes Lambie gave up her cabin for a lower fare. However OP never states if she asked to change bookings, and/or was offered it. So there is no way of knowing rather she would had gotten the same change. This post again comes down like most post about ES. Making a bookking not knowing the rules then getting upset cause the rules are what they are, and not what you want them tobe.

[quote name='LETS PARTY'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Sounds like a fun cruise......who are you punishing ? You or Carnival..............[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Good point!!!! The cost of our upcoming cruise dropped a few hundred each for a lower category.....we called we tried......it is what it is.... not even going to think about it........DW and I will only book Carnival 30 days from departure from now on.......[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Out to sea!']That's interesting. I have always submitted my ES forms with base rate only and have never had one declined.[/QUOTE]

So have I, and they were going through fine until yesterday. My issues prior to this with the ES form was that they would never go through , time out, or the submit button wouldn't work, so I would call. Now the form is working for me and it is declined. I don't understand how they can have a rate in their website and the reps not see it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]We have had the same problem lately. In the past we submitted forms and got the price drops with no problem. Recently we had a price drop and submitted the form and it was denied. Sent it in again and again it was denied. Called our PVP and got the OBC. He said that we should just call him in the future and not bother filling out form. He said that's his job and he will be happy to take care of it in the future! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='bigdawgmatty']But where does it tell me if I booked early saver? I booked and paid last year and don't remember.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/QUOTE]

At the bottom of your cabin confirmation email there will be a section of footnotes. It won't say "early saver" but it will talk about price protection and the $50 change fee and non refundable deposit.

[quote name='hoplady'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]We have had the same problem lately. In the past we submitted forms and got the price drops with no problem. Recently we had a price drop and submitted the form and it was denied. Sent it in again and again it was denied. Called our PVP and got the OBC. He said that we should just call him in the future and not bother filling out form. He said that's his job and he will be happy to take care of it in the future! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I submitted the form twice yesterday and both times they were rejected. I submitted the 2nd form because I had left off my info (4B) and added the PG code DA5.

Today I called and spoke to someone at the # on the rejection letter. She put it through for me.

Technically, I did not qualify for the PG for sailings through 12/31/14 as my sailing is for 1/18/15. HOWEVER, the lower rate did show up on Carnival's Fareviewer so I felt I deserved to get that rate. They shouldn't have the lower rate on Fareviewer if you don't qualify. The gal I spoke to never mentioned that our cruise is beyond the cut-off date.

Just an FYI for those using ES. I recently called Carnival as the price for an Ocean View had gone down to a price lower than my inside cabin. They allowed me to upgrade which was fantastic and in addition it was $20 dollars cheaper..woohoo!!! that's 2 drink of the days!!!......Wait....maybe it wasn't that fantastic.
After reading on here some of the problems people were having with the ES I decided to check my email to make sure all was ok. I am taking my family for Christmas so I don't want any problems. I wasn't sure if they would send me a new email or just alter my price on my initial one so I called....they didn't upgrade me....they cancelled both my rooms :eek: They said the woman on the phone should have asked me for a higher deposit (When I booked there was a deal on deposits) but didn't so when Carnival went to process and didn't have it they cancelled the booking. When asking her why nobody informed me of this before cancelling she said they don't have my email. Pardon....Carnival has sent me three emails in the last month...no answer......Maybe this is just a one time fluke but maybe take 5 minutes to just make sure all your bookings are in order...They are rebooking me so all will be well again!

Yeah, that happens if you have the $50 deposit deal. If you match to another offer the full deposit could be owed. I read about that happening, so if the price drop was worth applying for, I would pay the rest of the $200pp before I submitted. It has to get paid at some point anyway ;)

You have to know the T&C of the sale you originally book and the sale you're price-matching too. We nearly had that happen to my brothers cabin for my wedding. I checked the confirmation after I got off the phone and noticed that his deposit had gone up. I called right back and paid it, but they will automatically cancel. Also, if you book during a pay your balance 30 days before sailing cruise and price match to a rate with a normal PiF date, the balance is immediately due.

I wish their agents were better-trained, but they probably have a high turnover rate.

[quote name='Sparky2']By the way, how do you find the rate code without calling Carnival? The gal who was trying to help me is the one that gave me the code DA5.[/QUOTE]

I can usually find them by Googling Carnival Terms and Conditions (name of promotion). It ususally takes me to this link: [url]http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx[/url]

I have had to give the agent the rate code at least twice in the last 2 weeks because they couldn't "see the rate I was talking about".

[quote name='Carnival_Brides']I can usually find them by Googling Carnival Terms and Conditions (name of promotion). It ususally takes me to this link: [url]http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.".[/QUOTE]

Nice link. That helps a lot. However-looking at the terms of early saver, it specifically states that offer is for the cruise fare only and does not include taxes, fees and port expenses. So why would they tell you it has to be on the form? Smh

Making a call to carnival is definitely the way to go. I submitted price protection yesterday and was denied immediately. Then called today to just find out of curiosity what promo we originally booked on. Since I was originally booked in my sisters cabin then decided to get my own, they had not noted that I was originally booked as ES. Once you are early saver you are always Early Saver. It took quite a while on hold but I was given $100 OBC but had to switch to a guarantee which is fine by me since I don't plan on being in the room other than to sleep. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for any more price drops or single supplement waivers. Trying to rack up enough OBC to pay for Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='Sweetsforjay']Making a call to carnival is definitely the way to go. I submitted price protection yesterday and was denied immediately. Then called today to just find out of curiosity what promo we originally booked on. Since I was originally booked in my sisters cabin then decided to get my own, they had not noted that I was originally booked as ES. Once you are early saver you are always Early Saver. It took quite a while on hold but I was given $100 OBC but had to switch to a guarantee which is fine by me since I don't plan on being in the room other than to sleep. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for any more price drops or single supplement waivers. Trying to rack up enough OBC to pay for Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/QUOTE]

Once you switched to guarantee room you are no longer eligible to price match.

Lady I spoke with said I can still get price drops. Not sure if it's technically a "guarantee" but it is a cabin that Carnival assigns instead of my choice. My very last question was if I can still get price drops and she confirmed a 2nd time. Really though I can't imagine paying much less than the rate I got. Unless a Single Supplement waiver shows up.

So incredibly frustrating!! Unfortunately for Carnival, so typical!!

I saw a price drop for $100 and submitted my form yesterday. Was denied so I called today and was told that the port charges, fees and taxes have gone up and the total would now be $150 more so that is the reason I was denied. Promptly called back and got the price drop. I checked my confirmation with a fine toothed comb and all seems to be good. Total price drops of $170 are welcome. But sheesh. Why does it have to be so hard??

[quote name='Sweetsforjay']Lady I spoke with said I can still get price drops. Not sure if it's technically a "guarantee" but it is a cabin that Carnival assigns instead of my choice. My very last question was if I can still get price drops and she confirmed a 2nd time. Really though I can't imagine paying much less than the rate I got. Unless a Single Supplement waiver shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/QUOTE]

She told you wrong. A guarantee is where Carnival chooses your room which is now what you have and they are not eligible to be price matched to any other lower rates. Single supplement waiver included. At least you got $100. If the prices drop again, you could always try and upgrade into another guarantee pool for a higher category. Congrats on the $100!

[quote name='firemanbobswife']She told you wrong. A guarantee is where Carnival chooses your room which is now what you have and they are not eligible to be price matched to any other lower rates. Single supplement waiver included. At least you got $100. If the prices drop again, you could always try and upgrade into another guarantee pool for a higher category. Congrats on the $100![/QUOTE]

Are you sure? If you are booked early saver in a guarantee, why wouldn't you be able to match another ES GTY price code?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='firemanbobswife']She told you wrong. A guarantee is where Carnival chooses your room which is now what you have and they are not eligible to be price matched to any other lower rates. Single supplement waiver included. At least you got $100. If the prices drop again, you could always try and upgrade into another guarantee pool for a higher category. Congrats on the $100![/QUOTE]

Nothing in the confirmation indicates a "guarantee" or states anything about being ineligible for any other price adjustments. I made sure to double check that fact with her before ending the call. Not too worried about it anyway but I appreciate the debate!

[quote name='Herbaltees']Are you sure? If you are booked early saver in a guarantee, why wouldn't you be able to match another ES GTY price code?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Because you can't book Early Saver into a GTY. One of the great things about Early Saver is that you get to pick your cabin.

I have submitted a few forms for 2 different cruises. My October cruise every form submitted denied, I had to call. I received the rate. My August 2015, I submitted for both of my cabins, one was rejected and the other was received. I had to call.

I think they are working on the program. Because I mentioned it to the PVP I spoke with yesterday and she said they better hurry up to fix it because as of October 1st they (as in PVP) will not be able to do any of the price adjustments. I would think they would have to, if it continues not to work correctly.

So, everyone make sure you make a screen shot of your mocking booking or fare viewer page. This way you have proof.

[quote name='Out to sea!']Because you can't book Early Saver into a GTY. One of the great things about Early Saver is that you get to pick your cabin.[/QUOTE]

I thought once early saver,you are always early saver.
So if you were booked in a 4b, you couldn't upgrade to an ocean view gty? And then price match to gty fares?

Sent from my iPad using Forums