Carnival doesn't honor early saver fares

wendybreezy35

I booked early saver on my upcoming cruise and submitted the price form when pack and go came out last week. They let me switch to the balcony guarantee and now I have 500 obc and a decent room. They gave me my room selection the next day. I figured that I as long as I was on the ship, I would have a good time.

I would love to see the paper work on this one from carnival BECAUSE I DON'T THINK SOOOOOOOO

What a bunch of B.S an ocean view is a ocean view.
Perhaps if you would have read the ES terms and conditions, you would not be so quick to blame Carnival for something that is clearly your own fault.

For all those people who think I am so dumb for not knowing the rules to this, I have a 6a riviera deck ov. This is the lowest category for the ov cabins so why cant they honor the price differance. I cant get any lower category so why not give me the credit. As for punishing my self trust me I will still have a good time aboard the ship I will bring my own soda and 2 bottles of wine so I will not have to spend a dime til I get to the ports where I will spend and spend alot. Whats fair is fair if I had waited and booked pack and go at worst I would have gotten the same category on the same level. Its the principal of the whole matter.

If thats the case then I would tell them you are willing to give up your room and go with the guarantee room. Obviously you can't do any worse. You might even get better. Some posters say they were able to do it. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse case, they say no and you go with your original plan of not giving them any more money. Maybe they'll surprise you. Good Luck

If thats the case then I would tell them you are willing to give up your room and go with the guarantee room. Obviously you can't do any worse. You might even get better. Some posters say they were able to do it. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse case, they say no and you go with your original plan of not giving them any more money. Maybe they'll surprise you. Good Luck

that's what I said .. obviously it depends on which rep processes your request. Too many slip thru to say this rule is enforced all the time.

For all those people who think I am so dumb for not knowing the rules to this, I have a 6a riviera deck ov. This is the lowest category for the ov cabins so why cant they honor the price differance. I cant get any lower category so why not give me the credit. As for punishing my self trust me I will still have a good time aboard the ship I will bring my own soda and 2 bottles of wine so I will not have to spend a dime til I get to the ports where I will spend and spend alot. Whats fair is fair if I had waited and booked pack and go at worst I would have gotten the same category on the same level. Its the principal of the whole matter.

What 'is fair' is that Carnival DOES honour it's ES promises according to the guidelines we all agree to when we book an ES cabin. Yes, it is inconsistant of Carnival to grant some passengers extensions on the ES rate program, but that is based on a mulititude of variables. Bottom line... Carnival does honour it's written guarantees.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you do end up taking your own beverages... Within the cruise contract is Carnival's right to restrict beverages being brought on board. They also reserve the right to add set fees to liquids being consumed in various parts of the ship that passengers bring with them. So in hopes that your cruise vacation is not further marred by yet another potential disappintment... This quote from Carnival's website could prove itself to be useful.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However' date=' at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)[/color']

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection in onboard designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Ports-of-Call:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Gift Shops On Board:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

If you already looked into it, great... if not, well, here's hoping for one less surprise on embarkation day.

BB

that's what I said .. obviously it depends on which rep processes your request. Too many slip thru to say this rule is enforced all the time.

I definately agreed with you on this. It is unfortunate that they don't stay consistent on their rules but the OP is upset and now she has the knowledge that sometimes they do change the rules. Its up to her now to take that knowledge and try to do something about it. If she doesn't, then she can't blame Carnival anymore, its her own fault.

I definately agreed with you on this. It is unfortunate that they don't stay consistent on their rules but the OP is upset and now she has the knowledge that sometimes they do change the rules. Its up to her now to take that knowledge and try to do something about it. If she doesn't, then she can't blame Carnival anymore, its her own fault.

I dont think they change the rules, but they train new employees and one sees things one way and the next another way or their training isnt perfect, or one employee is consistently making the same mistakes.. who knows.

I would love to see the paper work on this one from carnival BECAUSE I DON'T THINK SOOOOOOOO

Well then you would be WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Im traveling right now but I can certainly post the email when I get home.

Can someone tell me what is the difference between a 6A B and C? Thanks!

location. 6A is fore and aft bottom deck, 6B is mid deck bottom deck, fore and aft next deck up generally .. and 6C is mid deck Main, 2nd deck up.

(for a while there were some 6Ds facing aft on main but these didnt go over well, so they changed them back)... so just giving rule of thumb how they are figured.

I am not calling you dumb, but your original booking allowed you to pick your specific cabin within the 6A category, the rate you are trying to match with does not allow you to pick your exact cabin location.

The difference is slight, but it is indeed a difference that Carnival spells out in the ES rules in advance. As you've said, fair is fair.

I want to thank some people for the advise to complain. I just got an email from carnival stating they will honour the lower price I gave up my room because I could do no worse and I got my OBC. I also want to thank all the people for thier mean comments shows me how bad humans can really be to each other. If ou thought I was in the wrong you could have pointed out where and that would have been that but some people just had to be down right mean.

[quote name='wendybreezy35']I want to thank some people for the advise to complain. I just got an email from carnival stating they will honour the lower price I gave up my room because I could do no worse and I got my OBC. I also want to thank all the people for thier mean comments shows me how bad humans can really be to each other. If ou thought I was in the wrong you could have pointed out where and that would have been that but some people just had to be down right mean.[/quote]

You know, I had to go back and re-read the comments you received and I have trouble getting a firm grasp on your final complaint about getting "mean comments". I think most responders were forthright and straightforward in their answers. That doesn't mean they were purposively mean to you nor wanted to single you out as "dumb". You started out with a legitimate disagreement with Carnival booking policies and should have stuck with that. Instead, to me you ended your posting more with what sounded like a tantrum than arguing the merits of your point. Keep your arguments emotionless and you may find cc members a good source of information and suggestions.

And congratulations on winning your case with Carnival. I hope you can put this all behind you and have a great cruise.

After reading all above.Maybe some people upgraded to a higher cabin because my carnival agent said you can always upgrade your cabin but cant down grade a cabin.If a hire cabin is cheaper.Or gty cabin is same you should have the choice of giving up your cabin for gty .I'm glad they gave you gty

[quote name='cruisehunter']After reading all above.Maybe some people upgraded to a higher cabin because my carnival agent said you can always upgrade your cabin but cant down grade a cabin.If a hire cabin is cheaper.Or gty cabin is same you should have the choice of giving up your cabin for gty .I'm glad they gave you gty[/quote]

Correct, the rules state you cannot downgrade and getting a gty is a downgrade .. another reason that they should not have honored it .. but they have with some. .. despite the rules.

[quote name='wendybreezy35']I want to thank some people for the advise to complain. I just got an email from carnival stating they will honour the lower price I gave up my room because I could do no worse and I got my OBC. I also want to thank all the people for thier mean comments shows me how bad humans can really be to each other. If ou thought I was in the wrong you could have pointed out where and that would have been that but some people just had to be down right mean.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to hear that you went back to Carnival and was able to give up your room. Like you said, you could do much worse for a room so heres hoping you get a better one. Enjoy your cruise

[quote name='wendybreezy35']I saw on the carnival site a lower fare for pack n go. Ocean view that was quite alot lower in price so I sent in to get on board credit and was denied because it wasnt the specific category. What a bunch of B.S an ocean view is a ocean view. I check it with the fareviewer that people post on this site and it showed a cheaper price. Carnival doesnt honor thier word. This is my first cruise on carnival and I promise my last. I will try not to spend dime on the ship and will wait to I get to a port to drink. Carnival will lose alot more money than they would have given me in OBC. Has this happened to anyone else.[/quote]
I understand your frustration and your not understanding the various catogoties. It took me a while to catch on to that. Sorry, but that's how it is, so forget about it and enjoy the cruise.

• 3 years later...
Early Saver is not always Early Saver - I am so confused about the Early Saver program.

According to the ticket contract, the cruise fare [COLOR="Red"]does not[/COLOR] include Fees and Taxes. If that is the case, then why are fees and taxes included when determining eligibility for the early saver price protection?

According to the Carnival website, "[COLOR="red"]in the unlikely event that you do find a lower Carnival-advertised rate after booking your cruise, we will honor it and adjust your cruise rate accordingly[/COLOR] " Additionally, the website clearly states that "[COLOR="red"]price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and . . . applies to cruise fare only[/COLOR]."

I have seem my rate go down on two separate occasions, but each time I have been denied the early saver because the taxes and fees are higher.

[quote name='ChrisinOrl']Early Saver is not always Early Saver - I am so confused about the Early Saver program.

According to the ticket contract, the cruise fare [COLOR="Red"]does not[/COLOR] include Fees and Taxes. If that is the case, then why are fees and taxes included when determining eligibility for the early saver price protection?

According to the Carnival website, "[COLOR="red"]in the unlikely event that you do find a lower Carnival-advertised rate after booking your cruise, we will honor it and adjust your cruise rate accordingly[/COLOR] " Additionally, the website clearly states that "[COLOR="red"]price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and . . . applies to cruise fare only[/COLOR]."

I have seem my rate go down on two separate occasions, but each time I have been denied the early saver because the taxes and fees are higher.[/QUOTE]
Gee, you were digging, bringing in a 3 year old thread:)

They have rejected my early saver request online every time for this past cruise. I have to end up calling to get it corrected. About 5 phone calls over the past 2 months with a savings of $371.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums