Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

I also did Medifast and it really worked for me! I lost about 23 pounds in 6 weeks and then a few more in a "modified transition" stage. I think transition is really the key to the whole thing ... if you don't do it, the weight will come back quick!

I did Nutrisystem in the past and I much preferred Medifast. It was simpler and the food didn't gross me out as much. Some of the Nutrisystem stuff was really questionable. Also, I found the cost to be better with Medifast. I did it directly through MF, not with TSFL, and it wasn't anywhere near $1000 to start. In fact, there were no start-up costs, just the food costs. I did 2 week orders every time although I think it is probably cheaper in the long run to order more at once.

I am planning on going back on Medifast in January and this time my boyfriend is planning on doing it with me. A really great website that I used for lean & green recipes is http://www.lighterrecipes.com/p/medifast.html. I hope that link works. If not, just Google "Sandy's Kitchen Medifast" and it should come up. I highly recommend the taco salad and cauliflower pizza!

Awesome website!!! The link does work. Thank you.

It is great that you are going to start back and with your boyfriend, always nice to have the support of others.

Thank you for correction on the price to go directly with Medifast facilities. I have heard conflicting experience with this, but it is good to hear that was your experience. Those start up costs really would be a deterrent to those of us on a budget.

Anyone on the fence about the spice pancakes, I tried them for the first time this morning and thought they were pretty good. I like them better then I like the chocolate chip ones. Went to Sprouts this morning and found some non sugar and non carb syrup. I know I can order it through the program but the price was much less and the amount I was able to get was much more. Super excited to try it out tomorrow morning. Midweek (I started on a Friday) tomorrow and hopefully I will be below 310 :D

Just thought I would say hi!

I have been on Medifast since July 18 and have lost 78 pounds!

The boards on the Medifast website have lots of great recipes for tweaking the products, which I have been trying, but I seem to like to just stick to the simplicity of mixing up the shakes and drinking. I have started to use the brownies and the pancakes 'in a mug' which have been convenient too.

I am hoping to reach my goal by February so I will have enough time to get really comfortable with maintenance before my cruise in April. I keep changing my mind about what my final goal should be though!

~~~KN

Just thought I would say hi!

I have been on Medifast since July 18 and have lost 78 pounds!

The boards on the Medifast website have lots of great recipes for tweaking the products, which I have been trying, but I seem to like to just stick to the simplicity of mixing up the shakes and drinking. I have started to use the brownies and the pancakes 'in a mug' which have been convenient too.

I am hoping to reach my goal by February so I will have enough time to get really comfortable with maintenance before my cruise in April. I keep changing my mind about what my final goal should be though!

~~~KN

Congratulations on your success so far and February is getting closer now! I hear you about that goal setting. It is like when we start we think this number I would be satisfied with but with the success and ease of weight loss medifast puts the impossible back to possible!

One month on plan DW and I are down 61.2 pounds. We feel great. Really starting to figure out some easy healthy meals for the lean and green. In 28 days we have eaten out once which was last week for our anniversary. Love love love how easy this has been.

Great job!! I started out at 313 and am down 90 lbs since April :-) I LOVE THIS PROGRAM and truly believe it saved my life! Do you ha ve a coach or are you doing this on your own. I think coaches make all the difference in the world (so much so that I became one in August!!)

Have you tried the pancake mug muffins? I LOVE THEM! Also with the spice pancakes I use the Walden Farms Sugar Free Apple Butter on them for an amazing taste! I also love the Chocolate Chip Pancakes.

Speaking of Chocolate chip! Nov 15 they are coming out with a soft bake cc cookie, sloppy joes and Orange Blend which is sort of like Tang only better! Can't wait to try them all.

If you would like to keep in touch better, my email is Legalease0213@aol.com. I have a Facebook page called "Lose Weight The Right Way" which I put a lot of health info and tips on.

Have a great ON PLAN day!!

Dee

PS: I'm going to Galveston this weekend for the Magic Inaugural Party! Can't wait to meet John Heald!

Anyone on the fence about the spice pancakes, I tried them for the first time this morning and thought they were pretty good. I like them better then I like the chocolate chip ones. Went to Sprouts this morning and found some non sugar and non carb syrup. I know I can order it through the program but the price was much less and the amount I was able to get was much more. Super excited to try it out tomorrow morning. Midweek (I started on a Friday) tomorrow and hopefully I will be below 310 :D

I started Take Shape For Life (Health Coach Division of Medifast) in APril and I am down 90 lbs! This program has made me feel like a teenager again because of the good nutrition and the fact that I have quit stuffing my body with JUNK!

I love it so much I became a Health Coach in August! I LOVE helping others on their journey to Optimal Health. If you know anyone who needs a coach (which is very important if you h ave certain medical issues!) please let me know. You can email me at Legalease0213@aol.com or Facebook me at Delia Fuller McLaughlin Certified Health Coach and I'll be glad to help out. If you just want a buddy, friend me :-)

I'm going to Galveston this weekend for the Carnival Magic Inaugural Party! Can't wait til March when we go on the Blogger's Cruise - I should be at my goal by then :-)

The reason it costs so much to go through a center is because they keep inventory and have overhead (building, staff, etc). TSFL Health Coach services are FREE!!

Awesome website!!! The link does work. Thank you.

It is great that you are going to start back and with your boyfriend, always nice to have the support of others.

Thank you for correction on the price to go directly with Medifast facilities. I have heard conflicting experience with this, but it is good to hear that was your experience. Those start up costs really would be a deterrent to those of us on a budget.

Hi Karen - Please contact me at Legalease0213@aol.com to help you on the Medifast plan. I am a Certified Health Coach and my services are free to you. I can help save you money and help with questions and concerns about the program. As far as exercising goes, unless you have been exercising you shouldn't start for about 3 wks on the program as your body needs time to adjust to the lower calories intake.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Dee

HEY EVERYONE!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCESS WITH MEDIFAST!! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO TRY IT BUT AFRAID IT MAY TASTE TERRIBLE. i'VE DONE NUTRISYSTEM AND JENNY CRAIG. JENNY CRAIG'S FOOD WAS GOOD BUT NUTRISYSTEM'S TASTE WAS NOT GOOD. BUT THE WEIGHT LOSS WITH MEDIFAST SEEMS INCREDIBLE. EVEN IT IS A BIT PRICY MAYBE I'LL JUST GET THE 2 WEEK PACKAGE AND SEE HOW IT GOES. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO START OFF RIGHT, EXERCISING WHILE ON THE PLAN OR ANY SUGGESTIONS IN GENERAL? I JUST LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING BEFORE I MAKE THE INVESTMENT. THANK YOU!!:D

kAREN

Great job!! I started out at 313 and am down 90 lbs since April :-) I LOVE THIS PROGRAM and truly believe it saved my life! Do you ha ve a coach or are you doing this on your own. I think coaches make all the difference in the world (so much so that I became one in August!!)

Have you tried the pancake mug muffins? I LOVE THEM! Also with the spice pancakes I use the Walden Farms Sugar Free Apple Butter on them for an amazing taste! I also love the Chocolate Chip Pancakes.

Speaking of Chocolate chip! Nov 15 they are coming out with a soft bake cc cookie, sloppy joes and Orange Blend which is sort of like Tang only better! Can't wait to try them all.

If you would like to keep in touch better, my email is Legalease0213@aol.com. I have a Facebook page called "Lose Weight The Right Way" which I put a lot of health info and tips on.

Have a great ON PLAN day!!

Dee

PS: I'm going to Galveston this weekend for the Magic Inaugural Party! Can't wait to meet John Heald!

Awesome!!! 90 pounds :D:D

Thank you and yes I have a great TSFL coach. She had a death in her family and her coach has stepped in and given us a whole bunch of support in the mean time. I love this organization because it really feels like the cracks that one could fall in get covered from some of the most caring people.

How wonderful you get to meet JH. I have several CC friends who live in the area (well within driving distance). Not sure if they plan on being there. I know one of the couples will be on the Magic in January (I think 2nd)

Week 5 DW and I are now down 67.8 pounds together.

Went to the doctors this week and had our blood drawn at the one month point. The doctor told me I dropped my my cholesterol by 42 points and was told I can come off of my blood pressure meds. No more meds for me

TSFL with Medifast is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

ncovert that is SO AWESOME!! I know you are very proud as well you should be :-) My hub has had his BP meds cut in half and after 33 yrs, I've been taken off mine completely.

I've been struggling this week with an impacted colon - very painful! (Make sure you drink your water!!) But I decided to go ahead and weigh today - another 4 lbs GONE for a total of NINETY THREE!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME and TSFL!!

Are you on the Facebook Medifast page? Lots of good info and recipes and supportive folks on there! You should try it :-)

Have a great weekend!

Dee

ncovert that is SO AWESOME!! I know you are very proud as well you should be :-) My hub has had his BP meds cut in half and after 33 yrs, I've been taken off mine completely.

I've been struggling this week with an impacted colon - very painful! (Make sure you drink your water!!) But I decided to go ahead and weigh today - another 4 lbs GONE for a total of NINETY THREE!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME and TSFL!!

Are you on the Facebook Medifast page? Lots of good info and recipes and supportive folks on there! You should try it :-)

Have a great weekend!

Dee

I am not on there as of now but I will certainly take a look. So sorry to hear about your issues. The water really is essential. It is hard for me with my job to make sure I get enough but I come home and try to make up for it.

That is great news about your weight loss this week. And the medications mean a great deal too. These pills that save our lives can also cut our lives short.

• 3 weeks later...
Week 5 DW and I are now down 67.8 pounds together.

Went to the doctors this week and had our blood drawn at the one month point. The doctor told me I dropped my my cholesterol by 42 points and was told I can come off of my blood pressure meds. No more meds for me

TSFL with Medifast is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

Last Friday was the end of week 7 and DW and I have lost over 88 pounds. TSFL and Medifast is saving our lives...

well we totally went off plan again (probably figured that out since I haven't been posting... LOL)

We are starting again at the first of the year. Not a NY resolution or anything (we know how most of those go!). But we are getting in shape - physically and fiscally. Time for a major overhaul on both counts.

We were looking at homes and as a joke we went to see this super sized ranch plan (3000 sq ft!) and found they didn't have a model home with that floor plan. Well, while we were there we looked at the model home the office was in. We're in TROUBLE! :rolleyes: We both LOVED it SO much. :D Problem is it is more than twice what we were looking at to pay. :mad: So, DH decided that we'd buckle down, get a bunch of stuff paid off in the next year and maybe by this time next year we'll be positioned to get this house we both love...

Big problem with the home we like is that it's a 2 story and I have bad knees. So, the weight loss is key to getting that home too. (at least the laundry room is upstairs with the bedrooms! In our ranch right now it's in the basement so it's really hard for me to keep up on laundry)

Anyway, to make a long story short (too late!) we're hitting it hard the first of the year. Christmas time is not the time to hit it like we plan, so, while we ARE trying to watch both food intake and budget, we aren't focused on it like we will be.

(he did try to get me to give up the cruise and I said No Way. That one is staying - especially if we have to end up cutting back on future vacations a bit to have the extra nice house)

well we totally went off plan again (probably figured that out since I haven't been posting... LOL)

We are starting again at the first of the year. Not a NY resolution or anything (we know how most of those go!). But we are getting in shape - physically and fiscally. Time for a major overhaul on both counts.

We were looking at homes and as a joke we went to see this super sized ranch plan (3000 sq ft!) and found they didn't have a model home with that floor plan. Well, while we were there we looked at the model home the office was in. We're in TROUBLE! :rolleyes: We both LOVED it SO much. :D Problem is it is more than twice what we were looking at to pay. :mad: So, DH decided that we'd buckle down, get a bunch of stuff paid off in the next year and maybe by this time next year we'll be positioned to get this house we both love...

Big problem with the home we like is that it's a 2 story and I have bad knees. So, the weight loss is key to getting that home too. (at least the laundry room is upstairs with the bedrooms! In our ranch right now it's in the basement so it's really hard for me to keep up on laundry)

Anyway, to make a long story short (too late!) we're hitting it hard the first of the year. Christmas time is not the time to hit it like we plan, so, while we ARE trying to watch both food intake and budget, we aren't focused on it like we will be.

(he did try to get me to give up the cruise and I said No Way. That one is staying - especially if we have to end up cutting back on future vacations a bit to have the extra nice house)

Great news for your health and your future new home.

.... you have to take a stand somewhere ... certainly on a future planned cruise is a good start!!!

Reading this thread with interest! I am getting married on the Carnival Miracle in April, and I want to lose at least 30 pounds, preferably 40. I have tried WW, but just don't do well after a week or so.... I have a 2 year old and my fiance is a meat and potatoes guy, so cooking healthy food is hard. I end up eating whatever I make for them, and there goes any possible weight loss!

Glad to hear medifast has worked well for all of you. I need something I don't need to think about. I know that's important for longer term healthy eating habits, but right now working full time and caring for my family, taking the time to shop and cook two full sets of meals is just way more than I can manage. I think I like the idea of meals and shakes that are done, nothing to think about.

The one thing I'm worried about is the taste of the food -- is it overly chemically tasting?

I want to lose enough to feel fabulous on my wedding day and to enjoy our cruise including beach time :)

Reading this thread with interest! I am getting married on the Carnival Miracle in April, and I want to lose at least 30 pounds, preferably 40. I have tried WW, but just don't do well after a week or so.... I have a 2 year old and my fiance is a meat and potatoes guy, so cooking healthy food is hard. I end up eating whatever I make for them, and there goes any possible weight loss!

Glad to hear medifast has worked well for all of you. I need something I don't need to think about. I know that's important for longer term healthy eating habits, but right now working full time and caring for my family, taking the time to shop and cook two full sets of meals is just way more than I can manage. I think I like the idea of meals and shakes that are done, nothing to think about.

The one thing I'm worried about is the taste of the food -- is it overly chemically tasting?

I want to lose enough to feel fabulous on my wedding day and to enjoy our cruise including beach time :)

I don't think the food tastes chemically at all. It is interesting because I find some of the foods I like others don't and vise verse. Really about 85% of what I have ordered I have liked.

The advertised weight loss is between 2 to 5 pounds a week. Looks like you have about 18 weeks to go? At the low 2 pounds that would put you at 36. I lost a whole lot of weight my first two weeks but since then I have lost at least 4 pounds per week.

If you want to email me your contact information I can have my coach give you a call. My email address is my screen name at hotmail. I really hope you find what you are looking for.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

IMHO MediFast/TSFL does not taste bad. There are some things I don't like, but that's just human nature. I personally cannot stand the taste of soy, so I avoid the soy based drinks (hot cocoa which you can drink cold as choc milk too... and the fruit punch are the only drinks I order) I'm curious about the new orange drink - will probably get one box when I place my order next time. DH loves the soy based drinks.

I don't care for the oatmeal at all, but I know lots of people love it. Different strokes and all... LOL

Just remember they have a very generous exchange/return policy. Try one packet. If you just can't stand it, you can exchange it! (gotta pay to ship it back, but that's better than losing the money)

The brownies are good and I'm interested in the new cookie they have too... (got the fliers on the new items in my latest health coach renewal package)

The eggs are ok - take that with a grain of salt from someone who doesn't really like eggs very much to start with. :rolleyes: (so I'd have to say they're probably pretty good)

But specific to your question - no, I don't notice any chemical taste.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

IMHO MediFast/TSFL does not taste bad. There are some things I don't like, but that's just human nature. I personally cannot stand the taste of soy, so I avoid the soy based drinks (hot cocoa which you can drink cold as choc milk too... and the fruit punch are the only drinks I order) I'm curious about the new orange drink - will probably get one box when I place my order next time. DH loves the soy based drinks.

I don't care for the oatmeal at all, but I know lots of people love it. Different strokes and all... LOL

Just remember they have a very generous exchange/return policy. Try one packet. If you just can't stand it, you can exchange it! (gotta pay to ship it back, but that's better than losing the money)

The brownies are good and I'm interested in the new cookie they have too... (got the fliers on the new items in my latest health coach renewal package)

The eggs are ok - take that with a grain of salt from someone who doesn't really like eggs very much to start with. :rolleyes: (so I'd have to say they're probably pretty good)

But specific to your question - no, I don't notice any chemical taste.

Dw ordered the cookies because she loves the Brownies. After the second one she made she said I like the cookies but love the Brownies. From that I gathered that the cookies are good but because the browny is her favorite the cookies just short for her.

Thanks for the info ncovert and robin12265!

I have been reading a lot online about medifast and it really seems to give people impressive results. I think I'm going to try it!

One other question -- would you recommend ordering one of the variety packs, like the 2 week or 4 week and giving a bunch of different foods a try, or ordering specific items a la carte?

Thanks for the info ncovert and robin12265!

I have been reading a lot online about medifast and it really seems to give people impressive results. I think I'm going to try it!

One other question -- would you recommend ordering one of the variety packs, like the 2 week or 4 week and giving a bunch of different foods a try, or ordering specific items a la carte?

The variety pack will allow you to sample many different types and is at a discounted price. I liked getting it the first time and seeing what I liked and from there I have ordered a la carte. I know my Father in law likes just getting the value pack because of the lower cost. If you know you do not like something in the value pack it might be worth the extra few dollars to pick and choose.

• 2 weeks later...

10 weeks on plan.

I am 55 pounds down and my DW is 55 pounds as well. We have lost a 5th grader since the middle of October.

Clothes are fitting better for DW and for me I have gone from a size 44 jeans and am wearing right now a size 38. Since about day four I am have felt great. No hunger. I love, love love this program so much so that my DW have taken the leap into being health couches. Anyone else out there thinking trying out medifast give me an email and I can help you get started.

Please don't take this the wrong way... I'm sure there are other health coaches here, so let's Please not make this thread about 'let me help you'/'I'm a health coach' etc. Yes, we all love that commission and helping others, but if people are already on MF/TSFL they already have a source to order from.

We are not allowed to solicit business as travel agents etc here, so I would think that would also apply to being a health coach. (guilty on both accounts... LOL)