Upgrade or not?

thechandlers99

DH and I are booked on the Glory in December. We have always cruised in balcony cabins but decided to book an ocean view this time because we are traveling with 7 other people and don't think we will be in our room often. I checked today and balcony cabins on the Upper deck are $150 more pp for an 8 day cruise. Looking for people who have cruised in an ocean view after cruising in a balcony cabin. Thoughts? Should we upgrade?

This post is so up my alley... to answer both of your questions..

First of all I have been on Glory 3 times lol. We went from a Window to Aft Balcony to an Obstructed view.. (again all on same ship) of the three like the obstructed view the least. (our personal choice) In my opinion you get more of a view with a normal window.

I don't remember our room numbers however I did learn a very important lesson on one of our cruises. We were over one of the clubs. Although We didn't hear music every night we did hear it at least 3-4 nights of our cruise. Since then I ALWAYS check to see what is above and below me...

Hope this helps with your decisions.... But like us you really won't know until you try

Were sailing in 94 days... Dream Aft Balcony;)

I've never cruised on the Glory. However, last year on the Freedom we had a balcony on the Empress deck. Then in May of this year I was talked into doing an Oceanview on the Main deck. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Well that's not true. The only advantage with the Oceanview is cost. I loved my balcony on the Freedom. It was a nice place to escape to when the crowds got to be too much. We would have our morning coffee/soda on the balcony and then at night we would sit out there and just stare into the darkness.

For an extra $18.75 per day, per person - I'd definately do it. But then that's me. Some people who would rather be mingling with the crowds and save that money for alcohol would probably say the opposite. It's a personal preference.

Well there's my two cents. We're on the Dream in October and back in a balcony on the 11th deck. I've never been that high before so I'm looking forward to seeing if there's a difference up there.

Have fun no matter what decision you make! :)

Archived