Booking a cruise while on a cruise

Roadtripster

Was wondering if anyone knows the current perks to booking your next Carnival cruise while sailing on your current one. I am getting ready to sail and now have also decided our next cruise will be with Carnival again.

I have looked online etc.. for pricing and there doesn't seem to be any bargains out there, so that got me thinking about booking the next one while I am gone this time. Was thinking about......

If the deposit is lower/different?

Do you get OBC?

Any other perks?

Thanks for your help.

OBC is offered... there are only 4 out of 23 ships which do not have FCC desks, so not sure what the previous poster means.

this post explains it pretty well, let know if any questions. same deposit, same price, no discount.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

I do not know if CCL does that anymore I have not seen that offered while I was on cruises in the past several years. I would call guest care at 1-800-9296400( I think) and ask them.

Gary

Very odd post, since the FCC program several years ago hardly existed and was in its very beginning and only offered on 4 ships until last year. Very new program.

never existed before then on carnival.

Thanks for the link Firefly. Was actually thinking about doing a future cruise certificate and wasn't sure about how long you had to use by and obc rates. We are looking at the Freedom in Sept 2012 and $100 OBC would be helpful.

Kim

My understanding is that you can use the on-ship computers/internet access at no charge to connect with Carnival.com

If this is true, then it might be nice to be able to check on-line when for the latest cruise info when picking a cruise.

Hopefully true, and FYI...

My understanding is that you can use the on-ship computers/internet access at no charge to connect with Carnival.com

If this is true, then it might be nice to be able to check on-line when for the latest cruise info when picking a cruise.

Hopefully true, and FYI...

Yes, you can always log onto the cruiselines websites for free during a cruise. Not just carnival. On a RCL cruise you can log into RCL etc.

However, as far as FCCs go, you can buy one and bring it home, and decide on a cruise later, and not lock yourself into a particular cruise, which is what I do.

Figures, I will be sailing on the Victory when I wanted to book the next one.

Looks like that is one of the 4 ships listed as not available to book on. Just my luck!

Thanks for the info though. I had never read that information before.

You can still purchase a FCC when you get home if you're still interested in that. I've seen people post who were on ships that didn't sell the FCC onboard. They report that you just call Carnival within a week after you get off the ship and you are entitled to the same deal as people get when purchasing them on board ($100 deposit + $100 OBC).

You can still purchase a FCC when you get home if you're still interested in that. I've seen people post who were on ships that didn't sell the FCC onboard. They report that you just call Carnival within a week after you get off the ship and you are entitled to the same deal as people get when purchasing them on board ($100 deposit + $100 OBC).

I would try this too... even if you have to call more than once (as has happened)

I've gotten an OBC for booking within a month after coming off a cruise.

Also, not sure if the perks changed but when I booked a future cruise on a cruise a year ago for this past November they gave me two certificates for OBC's for friends or family if they booked the same cruise as I did. My family booked after we came home, we mailed in the Certificates with my Booking # and they received the OBC, too. Good stuff!!!

I've gotten an OBC for booking within a month after coming off a cruise.

Also, not sure if the perks changed but when I booked a future cruise on a cruise a year ago for this past November they gave me two certificates for OBC's for friends or family if they booked the same cruise as I did. My family booked after we came home, we mailed in the Certificates with my Booking # and they received the OBC, too. Good stuff!!!

Yes, that is explained in the link I posted above.

If you book onboard you get two friends and family certs, that have to be used within 60 days only for the exact cruise you booked.

That's good to know. I will give that a try when I return. All I can do if it doesn't work out is book somewhere else. Thanks for the info.

Fire, you're a seasoned cruiser. Maybe you can help me. I travel with my son. We take one room. My sister, who is older and single, wants to come with us-- she definitely would not sail with us in one room as she has some health issues.

I know that the FCC could reduce her price by $100, but I presume she would still have to pay the 200% on her room. Am I right? Any ideas on how I could get her price down?

$100 is always helpfull. I see they updated it to show the FCC is good for 2 years, but not sure they updated it that you can do them online now, dont have to send them in.

The more OBC the happier I am.

4. Certificate will be valid for 48 months.

48 months = 4 years ;)

It's a good deal.....can you buy more than 1?

I've purchased something like this on ncl....they are $250, you get $100 obc for the cruise you are currently on, your cetificate alone will be good for full deposit on your next booking (worth $250 toward your total)...one cert per cabin...and you can buy up to 4 per cruise and give them as gifts, etc....

Archived