first time 21 year old cruisers...

___i_never

My twin sister and I want to take a cruise around September or October. We are 21 years old and it will be our first cruise. What I wanted to know was, are there some ships that have a "younger feel" compared to others? I'm totally lost as to which cruiseline and ship we should choose! :) Thank you in advance, if anyone can clue me in!

Hola amiga,

Not having any experience sailing out of Florida, I don't know if you have the same party atmosphere as Texas, but of the trips that we took out of Galveston the shorter 4 and 5 day trips seemed to attract the younger set. I have also read other post that claimed the same thing. Carnival and Royal Carribean tend to get the nod from the party goers.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.:D

Clackey

I've been on Royal Carribean and Carnival for 7 day cruises around the same time of year. Carnival seems to have a younger crowd. There were more single people on the Carnival cruise. Royal Carribean had mostly couples. Usually if you take a shorter cruise, you will find younger people.

My kids would agree with the above poster. More night time choices of activities on Carnival compared to Royal.

On both these cruise lines youwill have to be 21 to book the cruise.

My kids would agree with the above poster. More night time choices of activities on Carnival compared to Royal.

On both these cruise lines youwill have to be 21 to book the cruise.

Just a small correction. You must be 21 by the sail date to book the cruise. I am 20 but I will be 21 in April, sailing in July and I was able to book my cruise.

Defintely check out windjammer. It's a smaller ship and doesn't have the pools or the jacuzzi's and stuff but over on the windjammer flotilla website they are such a fun bunch. I'm hoping to get to Pirate Week one time before having kids but I doubt that will happen since Fi doesn't fly. I think Pirate Week is around that time frame you mentioned and it's just one huge party. We were thinking of booking Windjammer for our honeymoon but just didn't have the time to drive down to florida and wait a few days till the boat sailed etc.

~Lisa

Just a small correction. You must be 21 by the sail date to book the cruise. I am 20 but I will be 21 in April, sailing in July and I was able to book my cruise.

thats what I meant-- so the OP didntthink they needed to be 25.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived