ice cream?

pasta1

Haven't been on the Star, but every NCL ship I've been on has an ice cream station in the buffet, with both regular ice cream and soft serve. Not always a huge selection of flavors, though.

Ice cream is usually a dessert option in the MDR's as well.

All of this is included. No extra charge.

on the STAR there is a self-serve in the buffet with soft ice cream usually 3 kinds...vanilla/chocolate and swirl and then back by the kids pool area is the ice cream counter with hard ice cream and sherbet...flavors change....ALL FREE!!--the self serve is open longer hrs then the other.

ENJOY

We are going on the STAR October 30 cruise. Do you pay for ice cream or is it included in your cruise?

There is at least a soft serve machine in the buffet and you can order ice cream in all the restaurants.

My husband would take my thermal mug, fill it from the soft serve machine and then pour hot coffee over it. Yum.

Sometimes he would fill it and then get some root beer for his very own float.

I guess I don't need to mention that the soft serve machine got quite a work out from my husband, huh? :D

OH, and also sometimes the buffet makes crepes and they have a lot of different toppings near by, so don't forget to top it all with the soft serve!

All this talk of ice cream is making me hungry. I wonder what flavor I have in the freezer?;):)

Have fun!

What about the Sun?

The Sun had an ice cream area at the entrance to the Garden Buffet. They had soft serve, a few hard ice cream flavors, & made crepes there. I would fill a cup with vanilla ice cream and pour orange soda, grape soda, or rootbeer over it for a float. We brought our own soda on board because we didn't care for their selections. A refreshing treat to enjoy on the Great Outdoors area!:)

The Sun had an ice cream area at the entrance to the Garden Buffet. They had soft serve, a few hard ice cream flavors, & made crepes there. I would fill a cup with vanilla ice cream and pour orange soda, grape soda, or rootbeer over it for a float. We brought our own soda on board because we didn't care for their selections. A refreshing treat to enjoy on the Great Outdoors area!:)

When I was on in March ('11) they were open until 9:30pm and it was served to you. :mad:

last December on the Sun it was served to you also...they dont have a self-serve...its ALWAYS the longest line on the ship:DEVERYONE LOVES ICECREAM:)

i would get some in my SUN mug and make milkshakes or floats daily or twice daily or...lol......boy that packs on the pounds but OH SO GOOD!!!

I think the previous poster was saying she got a cup of vanilla from the servers manning the area and then made the float herself. There is no self serve machines on the Sun.

Always found a number of choices of flavors available on the Sun. Sugar free also. And don't forget about the chocolate fountain -- the servers told me if they didn't have what I wanted, to go to the buffet and bring back whatever I wanted to them and they would dip everything in the chocolate, i.e. fruit, cookies, dried fruit and nuts etc.

I think the previous poster was saying she got a cup of vanilla from the servers manning the area and then made the float herself. There is no self serve machines on the Sun.

Always found a number of choices of flavors available on the Sun. Sugar free also. And don't forget about the chocolate fountain -- the servers told me if they didn't have what I wanted, to go to the buffet and bring back whatever I wanted to them and they would dip everything in the chocolate, i.e. fruit, cookies, dried fruit and nuts etc.

There was a softserve machine on the Sun in March 2011.

Thank you jdvmd, that was exactly what I was saying - I got a cup of vanilla in the soft serve (served by Sun employees) and filled it with soda. Geez people, there is ice cream - what difference does it make if its self serve or served to you? :eek: The line is still going to be long no matter what.

The soft serve machine on the Star has been self serve every time we've been on it. DH is looking forward to that in just 16 more days! :D

I think the Pearl's was self serve too - not sure how much to trust my memory since that was 2 whole years ago!:rolleyes:

There is at least a soft serve machine in the buffet and you can order ice cream in all the restaurants.

My husband would take my thermal mug, fill it from the soft serve machine and then pour hot coffee over it. Yum.

Sometimes he would fill it and then get some root beer for his very own float.

I guess I don't need to mention that the soft serve machine got quite a work out from my husband, huh? :D

OH, and also sometimes the buffet makes crepes and they have a lot of different toppings near by, so don't forget to top it all with the soft serve!

All this talk of ice cream is making me hungry. I wonder what flavor I have in the freezer?;):)

Have fun!

We would have apple or cherry hot fruit crepes with vanilla ice cream for dessert most nights after the show. What a treat!

"My husband would take my thermal mug, fill it from the soft serve machine and then pour hot coffee over it."

YES!! FINALLY!! Finally I hear from someone else about this. I do it all the time, and people stare at me, so nice not to be alone in that :p

"My husband would take my thermal mug, fill it from the soft serve machine and then pour hot coffee over it."

YES!! FINALLY!! Finally I hear from someone else about this. I do it all the time, and people stare at me, so nice not to be alone in that :p

When he was making this concoction many around him were scrambling to find a big thermal mug like his and asked if he purchased it on the ship.

Sadly he had to tell them that his 'smart wife' ;) packed it. We always laughed at the thought of a mad rush to the gift shop to get a mug of their own and wonder if they sold out of mugs!

More than a few people said that thermal mugs would go on their packing lists from now on.

And to those people who stared at you, I bet they wish they thought of it first!:)

It is delicious, isn't it?

Did somebody say "chocolate fountain" on the Sun? HUBBA HUBBA!!!

Honestly, this is one thing that I would pass on. I have attended so many weddings and events that had them, and I have also seen a lot of 'double dipping' going on. Once I witnessed this at a party, I never used it again, but observed this behavior too many times to count.

Sorry, don't mean to gross anyone out but I find them to be unsanitary.

Did somebody say "chocolate fountain" on the Sun? HUBBA HUBBA!!!

Honestly, that is one thing I would bypass. I have been to so many weddings & events where they had a chocolate fountain and I've observed way too much double dipping.

I just find it a little too unsanitary.

I think Le Bistro offers a chocolate fondue dessert. That would be worth exploring. ;)

Hummmmmmmmmm somewhere along the line I've doubled or triple posted on this thread.

None of my replies are showing up when I click 'submit' and I've re-posted again.

If they all happen to show up at once...sorry.:o

I guess there will be little hope of ordering a good chocolate milkshake on the Pearl?. I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate milkshakes, but sounds like I might have to improvise.

last December on the Sun it was served to you also...they dont have a self-serve...its ALWAYS the longest line on the ship:DEVERYONE LOVES ICECREAM:)

i would get some in my SUN mug and make milkshakes or floats daily or twice daily or...lol......boy that packs on the pounds but OH SO GOOD!!!

Alway's a line. :D Ice cream was good though

Archived