Spa package on the Dream

dcjn

You are correct it is 249. We are currently in an inside on the Lido deck and to upgrade to a spa inside is 600 according to the rep I spoke to. Just trying to figure out if the money would be well spent.

In my opinion, $600 would be way too much to spend for another inside cabin. We had a spa balcony stateroom on the Splendor that we only paid $623 for 3 of us the entire week (swine flu sale). I used the facilities a little bit because they came with the cabin. If you really want to use the facilities, it would be a better bet just to purchase the package. The upgraded toiletries in the room are not worth the extra cash.

On another note, we just upgraded through the usell fairy from a balcony cabin to a Spa Suite on the Splendor for $740.00. While it is nice that it includes the spa package, we did it mainly for the extra space, priority embarkation, and choice of dining time.

Just back from the Dream - took upsell to Spa Balcony from Aft extended balcony- we got $40 OBC to move.

Background=I have never used the Spa before on any of my cruises.

My thoughts about the Spa - First off, it is absolutely gorgeous! They did a great job with the area, but they are only open from 8am-10pm. This made it very hard to use the Spa on any Port Days because we were off the ship early and had late dinner so we could not go after dinner to the spa :(

We did the Western sailing so we only had 2 sea days - it would have been used more if we had the sea days.

We tried it and DID enjoy the Spa when we could but we agreed that we are glad we did not spend extra for this and we will not be doing it in the future. It just depends on your personal needs and wants and I was not converted to a Spa snob on this sailing ;)

Hello!!! My bf & I will be on the Dream on 9/17 and have considered purchasing the spa package for $239. Is it worth the price and what exactly does it include?

If you purchase the Spa pkg you do not get the "Spa" products in your cabin, this is only if you have a spa cabin. As the above poster said it is not that big a deal with the products they are 1.5oz each. You get access to the Spa and one free class each (Yoga, Spin, Pilates, etc...)

I think the Spa should be open 6am-11p :p then I could have used it everyday

I purchased the package separately on my last cruise b/c we didn't have a spa room (this time I got one). I booked a spa room this time b/c I liked it so much.

Basically, my friend and I decided that if we booked the spa package that we must find a way to use it for at least an hour a day to make it worth the price.

We had a late dinner and found that if we made it to the spa around 6pm (when early dinner was beginning), spent about an hour and then headed to the room to get ready........it would be perfect. One day we even walked up to the desk and booked massages right then and there. It was a great way to relax after the day and before dinner.

We walked into the spa tour a little late, so we didn't get the whole spill before hand, but she did walk us through.

The T-pool is a mineral pool with dead sea salts and stuff with water about the temp of a warm bath. I can tell you that it REALLY helped my blisters (it was Jan. I didn't have the option of wearing in my flip flops). It was never crowded when we were in there. It moves a bit when the ship is moving, but its kinda fun, lol.

There are two steam rooms and a sauna, and another room I don't know what you'd call it. They all have some sort of heated tile seats. Some are hotter than others, if you are sensitive,just take a towel in to sit on.

The aroma steam room has like a eucalyptus kinda of smell to it, its big enough for about 10 people maybe. It is super steamie and I couldn't do more than 10 mins in there, but BOY did it clean out my pours! Helped my sinuses too. (most of the rooms have little water hose things on the wall if you need to cool down).

The steam rooms isn't as over whelming and is more wide open. It has a bit slab in the middle that I guess you can sit or lay on. The seats are sitting up though. This one has a view.

The sauna is a bit smaller than above, but it has a view, the heated seats and two loungers that are in front and face towards the window. These were kinda hard to come by, but if you were nice and waited, most people will get up and leave you to them (just remember to do the same).

There are rain showers in the middle of the hallway, I didn't use them, but they looked nice (also towels everywhere, so don't worry about that).

I'm going to call this room the Pink Zen Room. It has about 8 pink loungers in it that are shaped to fit your body (heated also) with a fountain thing in the middle. The room temperature is just warm enough for you not to get cold. Did i mention that spa music plays in every room. I like this room b/c it has natural light (though the loungers face inward) and b/c It is peaceful and comfortable. I laid in there for an hour one sea day and read book.....almost fell asleep.......wrong angle though........I started snoring, lol.

The last room is a "cool room" it has the ac going, wicker chairs with foot rest, a view (watched a sunset there.........beautiful) and ice water and such for you to get some fluid in you.

You also have your own locker room. I used to bring a bag with a maxi dress in it or robe and my shower stuff and take a shower in there (the showers are 3xs bigger!!!). They have blow dryers in there too. It would save me and my roomie space a time when I did that. And it was much easier to shave your legs, lol. There are two showers (one is handicapped though) and 3 bathrooms (one handicapped).

Spa rooms can access the elevator and stairs that are already in the spa.

I really enjoyed it. It was one of the most relaxing cruises I've had.

Hope that helps.

I would double check with another Carnival rep the amount they are asking to change from Lido interior to Spa interior. $600 doesn't sound correct.

I would look it up yourself too. I looked at my sailing on Oct 22nd and the difference between a Lido Inter. and Spa Intr. is about $70 (I used the highest rate too). If you add the cost of the spa package (b/c sometimes they upgrade people to spa, but it doesn't include the package) its still only $319. Oh and I did the price for both not pp and I did with taxes and fees.

Double check, can't hurt.

For those of you that had the spa room did you feel alot of ship motion??

That is the biggest thing stopping me from getting a spa room. DH and DD are pretty sensative to it and are constanting taking ginger gravol throughout the trip and we are midship....

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the input!! I am going to call back and see what price a different rep gives me. I think we would get alot of use out of the spa as this is our first cruise alone...typically take his parents. :D

Echo-we are on the roll call...soooo counting down the days til we leave!

The spas are coed; they do have separate changing areas, which each have around 7 private showers. I used these showers more than the cabin shower as the private shower was about the size of the cabin and the women’s private shower (According to my wife) was even bigger. See them and you'll know what I mean.

Swimsuits are perfect for the spa. If you are going to just use the shower, like I said above, all I wore was the robe provided in cabin. Such a short walk you hardly see anyone.

Honestly I didn't feel motion...nothing that made me notice it. We were booked in 11211 first time and the Dream Oct 2010 and will be in 11203 on Dream Oct 2012.

To sum it up we first got the spa cabin because I thought my wife would really enjoy the spa. I did join her for her first trip there, just to check it out. Now I am sold on this category. Really looking forward to spending time in the Thelasotherapy pool!

Hope this help! :cool:

For those of you that had the spa room did you feel alot of ship motion??

That is the biggest thing stopping me from getting a spa room. DH and DD are pretty sensative to it and are constanting taking ginger gravol throughout the trip and we are midship....

Thanks!

I must admit that our cabin (12-210) was extremely rocky. It rocked my husband to sleep. But I was just a little nauseated. I put my seaband on because my PVP did warn me about the movement. I took dramamine one day because the waters were so choppy and the ship was really rocking. Well, the next day, I paid for it (drowsy while ziplining) . So, I only used sea bands from that point on. That was my fourth cruise and I'd never experienced that much rocking.

Re: the Spa toilettries, i noticed on Day 2 that if there was ANY lotion/shower gel, etc left in the bottle, the steward wasn't replacing them. So I asked him to make sure he left the bottles of Elemis in the room. I think Carnival is trying to save some $ that way. And my husband would remove the bottles and put them in our bag if they weren't empty, just to make sure they were replaced every day.

The discounted price on Day 1 was $199. My sister was on the Empress Deck and she purchased a pass. They made the offer during the general tours - not during the private tours provided to passengers in Spa Cabins. I think they know we would have been pissed to know that we could have had a "less rocky room" on a lower floor. And we would have paid less than what we paid for the Spa Cabin. I absolutely LOVED the heated loungers... We were told that we had unlimited access to Spa area. I didn't know that unlimited meant only during the hours that they are open.DUhhhh. I was quickly assured that Carnival was not ready to accept the potential liability of allowing passengers to be there when they were closed. Makes sense to me when she explained it.

Also, they give you the Cloud 9 Spa bands so that they know you have a Spa package, but they still take your S/S card to give you a Spa Key and you have to wait to return the Spa Keycard with all of the other guests. That became a PIA. So, we decided to just give them my S/S card and go back as many times as we wanted on the sea days (2). That way we didn't have to wait each time. On Sea Days, I went two to three times per day.

For Spa Attire, we used our Cloud 9 Robes when we were going to the Thalassotherapy (sp?) pool and our swimwear in the other areas.Hope all of this rambling was helpful to someone...;)

On the dream are the spas coed or separated. I ask because the gf and I would like to do the sauna and t pool stuff together. Also is the $249 price for a 7 day ? And is it per person? Thanks.

Yes, you and your g/f can do the spa stuff together. :D

This may be a silly question, but I have never been in any of the spa areas and I'm wondering what is the appropriate dress code for the spa? Swimsuits and coverups?

Well, I did swim suit b/c of the T-Pool and in the steam room is a little moist:p.....the other rooms would be find if you just wanted to do a cover up or robe. I saw most people in swim suits of some sort, that and robes.

They also offer a couples package which is very popular. It is the Mud Shower Room or something like that - you get full access of this huge room with super nice shower which is totally private and you give each other a mud bath and shower off together. This is $95.00 per couple for one hour. I could not talk my DH into doing this :mad: :mad:, guess he thought he was too manly to do something like that, lol, his loss - big time :eek::D;):p

Archived