Cabin Question

Langoustine

My wife and I rently booked H713 on the Veendam to Bermuda. It was a really good price ($549 pp), and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it or anything similar. It's a porthole cabin up front. Can you actually see anything from it? Is the motion going to be bad? We're not terribly affected by motion sickness--so far--but I want to be prepared, as we're going in mid-September.

Many many many years ago I got an upgrade to a cabin at the very front of the ship. Yes you could feel more motion there. Noticeably more, but it didn't bother me. And yes, I could press my nose against the porthole and see outside, ocean and land (when available). Can't tell you how the (now retired) ship I was on compares to the Veendam for size, layout, etc., so my experience may not be indicative of being on the actual Veendam. Sorry!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I don't even try to use the spell check on this site (or other sites) as you have to down load something special. So don't worry about mis-spelled words.

Personally I would not want a cabin that far forward when sailing in the Atlantic.

Depending on how the bed is configured depends on whether you will be able to see out. If they are twins -- then you can stand in between them and look out. If configured as a double -- you have to stand on the bed to see out -- which I would n ot recommend.

You can see quite a bit at a distance, or really close up if the seas are high and the water washes over the portholes. Which answers your other question: you do feel a lot more movement if it gets rough, but only then. For the price you paid, I think it is excellent!

Archived