Platinum Cruise 20

plimsol

Platinum Cruise 20

• Platinum membership pins
  • FREE CRUISE (certain restrictions apply)
  • Two complimentary Canyon Ranch spa treatments
  • Two complimentary half-day shore excursions
  • Complimentary gratuities

As we are approaching our 20th cruise with Oceania, we have had discussions with our T/A, who in turn has had communication with her sales rep re the "certain restrictions apply" clause. We have been told that the "free cruise" accomodation is an average of what you normally book. Also, if you want to upgrade, you are responsible for the upcharge. The booking cannot be made more than 180 days before sailing and your selected category is given to you as a "guarantee".

Except for 2 cruises, we have always booked our itineraries way beyond the 180 days, and have a confirmed cabin number at the time of booking.

We would love to have your feed back if you have achieved 20+ cruises with Oceania and your experience(s) with the "free cruise" booking.

Grace (and Don)

Last February, we met a lovely couple (Hi Naomi & Henry!) in the terminal at Miami who had just completed the Marina maiden voyage as their 19th Oceania Cruise, and were getting ready to sail with Stan and I on the Inaugural Passage through the Panama Canal as their "freebee".

I know that they are occasional posters here on Cruise Critic (I brought them into the fold myself!), so I will leave it to them to give you the details.

For the rest of us though, there is Hope! :D

The fabled free cruise does exist!

[quote

As we are approaching our 20th cruise with Oceania, we have had discussions with our T/A, who in turn has had communication with her sales rep re the "certain restrictions apply" clause. We have been told that "free cruise" accomodation is an average of what you normally book. Also, if you want to upgrade, you are responsible for the upcharge. The booking cannot be made more than 180 days before sailing and your selected category is given to you as a "guarantee".

Except for 2 cruises, we have always booked our itineraries way beyond the 180 days, and have a confirmed cabin number at the time of booking.

Grace (and Don)

In a standard cabin I would not have a problem with this, but as we always book an OS on the R ships, and there are only 6, I woul have a MAJOR problem .:mad:

[quote

As we are approaching our 20th cruise with Oceania, we have had discussions with our T/A, who in turn has had communication with her sales rep re the "certain restrictions apply" clause. We have been told that "free cruise" accomodation is an average of what you normally book. Also, if you want to upgrade, you are responsible for the upcharge. The booking cannot be made more than 180 days before sailing and your selected category is given to you as a "guarantee".

Grace (and Don)

In a standard cabin I would not have a problem with this, but as we always book an OS on the R ships, and there are only 6, I woul have a MAJOR problem .:mad:

Two weeks ago I would have thought so too, but since then I have learned about the magic of the dummy reservation. I think I know your TA, she will take care of it for you.

Grace, congratulations on 20 cruises.....doubt I will ever get that many, but I`ll do my best! Have 4, 5 & 6 booked so that`s a start.

We should meet for lunch sometime since we are no longer cruising together.

Mo

Hi, Mo!

We don't have the 20 cruises under our belt yet but are approaching this level. We want to hear from those who may have achieved this level to get a "free cruise". Hope the the American IRA do not levy a tax on this investment. (A little tongue in cheek???)

Anyway, meeting for lunch ... I will e-mail you about this possibilty.

Grace

Two weeks ago I would have thought so too, but since then I have learned about the magic of the dummy reservation. I think I know your TA, she will take care of it for you.

Your right, she sure will.:)

I know a couple of people who have had the free cruise & not positive but I think it was for 14 days & if you pick a longer cruise you just pay the difference ..so that may be the (certain restrictions apply)

I thought the free cruise was in PH unless they have changed the rules.

The one couple they always sail in the C cat & had a PH for the free cruise

They were back in the C cabin on the Panama this year;)

Hopefully someone who has had the free cruise will respond

Enjoy the cruise

I probably will not make it that that pin level :(

I am trying though

Lyn

Hi,

We are Naomi and Henry whom Jim and Stan referenced in their note (thanks, J&S).

We took our 20th cruise on the Miami to SF Innauguaral of the Marina(18 days). The booking was based on the average of the rooms we had booked on the past 19 cruises and we were assigned an A1. My husband and I usually reserve a PH3, so we paid for the upgrade to the PH3 plus the extra 4 days of this cruise, since the free cruise is for 14 days only.

We were treated as well as we always are treated and are now working to getting to the 40th cruise. This November's crossing will be cruise 22 and of course, we will be on the Rivieara for the maiden plus the Reunion cruise in June which is lots of fun.

Archived