just booked the Sapphire!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmy627

did you go with a private guide to the tequila factories? I am looking for something to do in PV. I still haven't had any responses to my roll call for the 12/31 sailing but hope to meet some cc people.

I did the tequilla town and country tour in PV and it was fun. They take you on a bus to those three (but not necessarily in any order)... I also think it was a good deal because it was inexpensive. Please let me know if you would like more specific details. I will check back (now is not a good time for me to type a lot).

The Sapphire is a beautiful ship.

llund, haven't talked to you in a while. I can't remember how old your kids are but our elementary school is having a carnival on the 16th. As some high school kids have to perform community service, we are offering a chance to volunteer. And we have all sorts of things happening, a rock wall, a magic show, pizza, Trader Joe's salads, Jambo Juice. (Can you tell I'm the Communications Chair for the event?)

Hi crusin chick! Both my kids are in college now so I am out of the schools now! You sound like me....very involved in the schools. Between being PTA Pres 4 years at Van gogh...3 at Frost...and 2 at Alemany, I am really glad to have my own life these days! It was fun though and I met a lot of great friends. Have fun at the Carnival. What school is it again?

We just recently booked the sapphire as well but on a date that doesn't match anyone's yet:( . We'll be leaving on the 28th (or 29th... i can't remember which). I've always been on the grand or golden so I'm really looking forward to this new ship!! Been looking for some feedback and was so glad to find it here tonight!:cool:

ladylynne...What month are you going in? You just said the 28th or 29th. I am still looking for someone on our cruise...we may have the ship to ourselves. The service should be pretty good then!

Crusin chick...It is always windy here! Good luck at the Carnival this weekend. We are leaving for Arizona on Friday with our motorhome.

ladylynne...What month are you going in? You just said the 28th or 29th. I am still looking for someone on our cruise...we may have the ship to ourselves. The service should be pretty good then!

oops... October 29 of this year.... hope it's not too empty...my kids are hoping to have a lot of fun with a fun crowd..... the oldest (20 yr old girl) was a bit disappointed her last princess cruise had so many elderly people on it....I told her this one should be hopping more.

I have some cabins on hold for 3/11/06 on the Sapphire, just starting to research this. I've been on Celebrity, Disney, RCL, NCL and try Carnival next week, but I've been dying to try Princess and am getting sick of the caribbean. I think the Mexican riviera will be a nice change.

Can't wait until the reviews for this come in.

K.C. I know you haven't been on Princess yet, but how was your Carnival Pride trip to the Mexican Riviera? - I'm trying to decide between Pride and Saphhire for an October cruise... - Haven't found anyone that can compare the 2. I'm leaning toward Princess, but want to make sure it has enough partying for my 24 year old!

Thanks!

We just booked this date, we are taking our son who will be 12 and his friend. This is our first time for a Mexican cruise, we have done Disney and RCI to the Caribbean, hoping we like Princess as much as the past two. I am hoping they do something for Halloween, we love to cruise this time of year.

We just got back from the Mexican Riviera and cruised on the Diamond Princess -- the Sapphire's sister ship. We had great weather with the exception of our last day at sea. It was so cold and windy. We did the Canopy Tour in Puerto Vallarta http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/. It was sooo much fun and I recommend it highly. My brother and his family did Randi's Happy Horses http://www.randishappyhorses.com in Mazatlan and had a great time. Wish the ship could stay longer in Cabo though.

Lisa :)

Thanks dreamer.

TootieJane....what did you do in Cabo. We were in Costa Rica on the Coral Princess this past Jan.and did a canopy trip there in the rain forest and loved it. So, I am looking for something different to do in PV. In Matzalan, we booked with Randi and then will have Frank pick us up for a city tour. Randi and Frank are coordinating this together. However, I need to find 4 more to join us with Frank but I have time. If anyone knows people going on the12/31 sapphire, let me know.

Fishinglady, my mother in law is taking the Pride in May and I can let you know about that after she gets back. I have been on Carnival and Princess and I like Princess better (even though they are the same company). It depends what you are looking for. Carnival is great if you have kids with you. I know when mine were teenagers, they loved it. For just the 2 of us, I like Princess.

[quote name='justmarie']We just booked this date, we are taking our son who will be 12 and his friend. This is our first time for a Mexican cruise, we have done Disney and RCI to the Caribbean, hoping we like Princess as much as the past two. I am hoping they do something for Halloween, we love to cruise this time of year.[/QUOTE]

justmarie, we'll be on the same cruise with my 17 and 20 year old daughters and the grandparents. We've been on a Princess cruise for the last 3 years over Halloween. The chefs do an outstanding job at carving a load of pumpkins that are amaxing to look at. Many people dress up in the evening in their favorite costume. All the wait staff wear costumes during dinner as well. In the evening, there is usually some festivity related to the holiday in some part of the ship. I'm sure you'll enjoy Princess. It's a level of pampering you can get used to very quickly.

See you on the cruise!!
lyn

We are also on the Oct. 29th sailing on the Sapphire. I thought we were going to have the ship to ourselves. There will be 7 of us total. We are a group that met on Ocean Princess about five years ago. We were tablemates and bonded right off and have met somewhere every year since. There were 8 of us, but unfortunately we lost one of our dear friends to breast cancer two years ago. Her husband still joins us every trip. We always look forward to our yearly trips and this will be no exception. Can't wait.

[quote name='suep']We'll be cruising on the Sapphire October 15....can't wait! It will be our first time on Princess. I keep watching the boards looking for feedback on the Sapphire and haven't seen much. Any information on this new ship would be appreciated. Would also love to see pictures![/QUOTE]

We traveled on the Sapphire for 12 days in January/February in New Zealand/Australia. It is a huge, beautiful ship. It was hard to get accepted for the main dining room, so we were in anytime dining. It was o.k., but we prefer the main dining room. They have four anytime dining rooms. Food is good to very good. Entertainment was good, and shore excursions were good. I think I prefer Royal Caribbean to Princess (we have been on 3 Princess Cruises and 5 Royal Caribbean.) We liked the Mexican Cruise. Our least favorite port was Cabo San Lucas.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Girlsnightout']I have some cabins on hold for 3/11/06 on the Sapphire, just starting to research this. I've been on Celebrity, Disney, RCL, NCL and try Carnival next week, but I've been dying to try Princess and am getting sick of the caribbean. I think the Mexican riviera will be a nice change.

Can't wait until the reviews for this come in.[/QUOTE]
If you book that week take good care of the ship cause I'll be coming aboard the day you are coming off

Myself and friend are booke on March 4, 2006 so don't understand the

March 6th sailing. I will have to look at my reciept again, whatever we

are going back to MR for 5th time. We have been to Caribbean and loved it

but DH is ill and this way I can be home in 4-6 hrs. if needed.

Usually go RCCL this is our second Princess trip but if like the last one it will

be a joy. We swam with the dolphins in PV and its worth every penny.

Also Las Calatas is a great tour. Everyone have a great time

Archived