just booked the Sapphire!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmy627

We'll be cruising on the Sapphire October 15....can't wait! It will be our first time on Princess. I keep watching the boards looking for feedback on the Sapphire and haven't seen much. Any information on this new ship would be appreciated. Would also love to see pictures!

We cruised the Saphires sister the Diamond on the same itinerary. The Diamond was a wonderful ship, there was always something to see or do. We enjoyed the PC dining it was much more like going out to dinner on a date with the different restraunts to choose from. We have done the Mexican Riviera twice and it is always a nice cruise, the ports aren't as Cruise ship specific as they are in the Carrib. which forces you to go out farther and explore more of Mexico. Have a great trip

Hi Jimmy,

We too just booked the Sapphire for Nov. First time on Princess through, but 11th cruise for me. This will be our 3rd trip on the Mex. Riv. In Puerto Vallarta the best spot to go is the boat cruise to Las Caletas. Nice place to relax on the beach, snorkel, drink at the open bar, or hike aroud. Mazatlan is a good place to get all your shopping done. Take a open air taxi to the golden district. They've got everything there including senor frog's if you're into that. As for Cabo we do something different everytime, too bad the ship does not stay to long there. The only ship that stays all day is the carnival pride which we took last April. Anyways last time we took a taxi van to Santa Maria beach and stayed for about 3 hours. It is the nicest beach in my opinion. You can go snorkeling there and it's not crowed at all!! It's sort of a locals only beach, we found out about it only becasue we have friends there. But you'll have fun no matter what you do! Have a great time!!

We did our first west coast cruise out of San Francisco this part October aboard the Sapphire and loved it. We spent 1 pre and 2 post cruise days in San Fran and can't wait to go back some day. As for the Sapphire she is gorgeous and it was absolutely beautiful sailing under the Golden Gate to go to the Mexican Riviera. We had a cabin on Caribe deck w/balcony and loved the PC Dining. We went to every dining room and Sabatini's and enjoyed every meal. The shows were great and we even enjoyed the Princess Idol shows they had. Always plenty of room at the pool but to be truthful coming back from Mexico to San Fran got cold quickly. They had a duo they played at the pool everyday but nothing like the steel bands you have in the Caribbean.

I think your itinerary will be different than ours we did 10 days.

Catalina Island - we loved and we had so much fun driving the golf carts around the mountains and walking through town to the Opera House.

Mazatlan - I went horseback riding with Randi's Happy Horse and DH went fishing and caught 2 sail fish.

Puerto Vallarta - we walked outside the port gates and got a guide that took us all over the place, ate lunch in the jungle and he even took us shopping to a great jewelry store.

Cabo San Lucas - we went to the beach for the day and want to visit there again for a land trip.

I would definitely sail out of California again and hope to in 2006.

Debbie

We sailed with Debbie.........Jeepers385, had a great time. Just wanted to add, for those of you that want to see some pic's of the ship. If you have the feature enabled that allows you to see our signatures, click on my webshots link below, there is a whole albun of Sapphire pic's.

When will u be cruising? We will be on her 12/17/05.

Cool, I'm on this sailing too!

We'll be cruising on the Sapphire October 15....can't wait! It will be our first time on Princess. I keep watching the boards looking for feedback on the Sapphire and haven't seen much. Any information on this new ship would be appreciated. Would also love to see pictures!

I have pictures of the Sapphire available here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/stungazed

We have only been to one of those ports..........Here are our Pictures from there, we stopped there on our way through the Canal last October.

http://community.webshots.com/album/215416168XpNdTL

Enjoy your cruise on March 18th 2006.........Sorry we are a little booked up and Donna and I won't be able to join you and Lana.

Jimbo:)

Hi, we will be sailing on the Sapphire Mexican Riviera cruise on 11/5/05 (my birthday!). First time to Mexican Riviera... I guess everything will be a first time since this is our 3rd cruise. :) Looking forward to it!!!

We sailed with Debbie.........Jeepers385, had a great time. Just wanted to add, for those of you that want to see some pic's of the ship. If you have the feature enabled that allows you to see our signatures, click on my webshots link below, there is a whole albun of Sapphire pic's.

Great Photos. Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful job on the photos (I especially liked the "skinny" photo).

Sapphire is beautiful. We had a ball back in January. I am a terrible sailor and was extremely worried - I get seasick going across the bay but in this ship I was ok for the most part. We found the food and service wonderful. Go and see the martini making demonstration - its amazing.

Stungazed: We have a thread going for those that will be on the 12/17/05 sailing. Won't u join us there?

I actually had been following that thread for a while but haven't checked it out since prior to my Caribbean Princess Cruise a few weeks ago. I'llcheck it out again though.

My first cruise was to the MR on a Carnival ship back in '94 (just a couple of weeks after we were hit with a major earthquake). In 2003, we went to the same ports on the Star. You may want to note that it's different from the Caribbean in that your originating port (San Pedro) will probably not be as warm as say Miami. If next year is anything like the present one, you'll need an umbrella. If you sightsee in LA, be prepared for a range of temps between say, 60s and 80s (I'm guessing the OP is going in March 2006). But as you go south, it'll get warmer. You may get calmer seas too.

Hi, we will be sailing on the Sapphire Mexican Riviera cruise on 11/5/05 (my birthday!). First time to Mexican Riviera... I guess everything will be a first time since this is our 3rd cruise. :) Looking forward to it!!!

We're on that cruise too! Only 217 days to go.

Archived