White Denim?

Sox59

So Ladies...I am a first time cruiser, going to the Western Med. the first week in October.

(Yes, I know..the white after Labor Day rule...I discount that one) :)

I have always worn white "skinny" jeans with dressy tops at night while at resorts in the Caribbean, where they have been considered "resort casual or resort elegant" depending on the top, shoes and accessories. Would they be appropriate for evenings on the cruise- NOT on formal nights...

Any opinions are appreciated!

So Ladies...I am a first time cruiser, going to the Western Med. the first week in October.

(Yes, I know..the white after Labor Day rule...I discount that one) :)

I have always worn white "skinny" jeans with dressy tops at night while at resorts in the Caribbean, where they have been considered "resort casual or resort elegant" depending on the top, shoes and accessories. Would they be appropriate for evenings on the cruise- NOT on formal nights...

Any opinions are appreciated!

I don't see why not. White slacks would be fine... what difference does it make what they are made of as long as they are neat and clean... no fraying, etc. I also think white after Labor Day in the Med is fine as long as the weather is still warm.

I love the look & often wear it myself.

That said, that outfit in that region at that time of year would scream American tourist & not in a nice way. I wouldn't wear it there then. Maybe in the summer.

Wear something more fashion forward & stylish. Dark jeans at least.

Thanks for your opinions..I shall return to my "go to".....black. I do not own khakis, navy or any other color...It's either black or white, so the white shall remain in the Caribbean..and the black shall enjoy 12 nights onboard in the med.! :)

Sox59 -- I just realized where you are from. Although I've never been on a med cruise, to me the fashions I've seen in Europe mirror or exceed the fashionistas of Midtown. Pack accordingly, which is what your signature black sounds like.

The "no white after Labour Day" doesn't exist in Europe. We're going on a Med cruise in late October. Have been considering taking white jeans/linens with me and my decision is this - the weather there is comparable to our weather/temp at home just now (Northern Ireland), am still wearing white capris/linens/jeans here therefore they could be okay in Med if the weather is good.

So, I'm packing mine hoping I can wear them!

p.s. have been to Canary Islands many times in late October - similar temperatures to Med. No problem with white jeans etc - don't look out of place at all.

Hope this info (and opinion) is helpful.

• 1 month later...

Archived