1 night Seattle to Vancouver cruises

nightster

I wonder if anybody could shed light on this problem. I live in the UK and have booked a 7 night Alaska round trip from Seattle on Golden Princess in Sept 2012, no problem. However I also wanted to add the repo cruise to Vancouver. My TA was unable to book this having been told by Princess UK that it was not available for booking by UK customers, no explanation was given. These cruises are advertised for booking in 2011/12 on Princess UK website. I have emailed the CEOs office to ask why but would value other comments. Is it likely to be a Canadian Immigration issue for non US/Canada citizens, as all stateroom categories appear to be available.

I wonder if anybody could shed light on this problem. I live in the UK and have booked a 7 night Alaska round trip from Seattle on Golden Princess in Sept 2012, no problem. However I also wanted to add the repo cruise to Vancouver. My TA was unable to book this having been told by Princess UK that it was not available for booking by UK customers, no explanation was given. These cruises are advertised for booking in 2011/12 on Princess UK website. I have emailed the CEOs office to ask why but would value other comments. Is it likely to be a Canadian Immigration issue for non US/Canada citizens, as all stateroom categories appear to be available.

Ask if it is due to an immigration issue.Although we are very close neighbours Canada is a seperate country with its own rules and regulations.Let us know what answer you get because this would interest others including myself...If you do get the go ahead if I am in town will meet and take you for lunch...:)

It was suggested by my TA that Princess like to keep these for corporate group bookings. Has anyone used these 1 nighters and found that to be the case?

I've taken a few Seattle/Vancouver overnighters and there are a lot of locals from both cities, simply because it's convenient and easy. More often than not, I feel like I'm on a party boat because it's a inexpensive place to hold reunions, stags and bridal showers. Bars do a great business in just a few hours!

It was suggested by my TA that Princess like to keep these for corporate group bookings. Has anyone used these 1 nighters and found that to be the case?

No, we book them all the time. Have booked both of them for next month.

A lot of time they don't sell out and other agencies can get blocks of cabins at reduced rates.

I too have taken the one day from Seattle to Vancouver so there is no reason why you can't (I still have, and use, my British passport so it is nothing to do with that). I know my brother (still in England) has issues with Princess UK and that maybe the problem. If you can't get your TA to book it why not try booking it direct with Princess

If you do get this booked (as you should be able to) be aware that you will be packing your luggage off by yourself. No service is available on the one nighters as most passengers have just a duffle. At least that is what happened to us when we used a one nighter to Vancouver BC before taking a 17 day Panama Canal cruise. Yes we did call for help, but they could not accomodate. It was a real struggle going up the gang plank, ugh.

Have a fun cruise!

Rex

Try contacting the customer relations office at

<customerrelations@princesscruises.com>

They may have the answer, for you.

Cato

Completed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Fifth Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

Eighth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

Ninth cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

Tenth & Eleventh cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Twelfth & Thirteenth cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

Fourteenth & Fifteenth cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

Sixteenth cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

Seventeeth & Eighteenth cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

Cheapest seems to be the Train bus which leaves at 8 and arrives at noon. Cost is USD40 but you would still need a taxi.

Quickshuttle leaves at 615 and arrives at the ship at 1115 cost is USD54.15 so is probably cheaper

Hope this helps

Not sailing on the previous 7 day cruise to Alaska, we've booked the 1 night Seattle to Vancouver on 9/24 to get us to Vancouver to board the NCL repo to LA. We had no trouble booking the one night cruise.

Update : I have successfully made a booking online with Princess. I have received e-mails with all documentation attached. The downside is that, although I requested "cruise only", the shuttle and hotel package was still attached to the booking and I was unable to remove it, so I still need to contact Princess. Here's hoping things don't go pear shaped. Currently no reply from CEO's Office or Customer relations although I do have an acknowledgement from them.

what is the cheapest way to get back to Seattle from Vancouver

Amtrak is nice - usually around $35pp but is sold out for Sunday 9/25. We decided to stay the night in Vancouver and take Amtrak home on Monday.

Princess usually has a shuttle. It's convenient since you can park at pier 91 and then the shuttle returns you there. Last year it was around $49pp. We weren't thrilled with that option. We had to disembark at 7:30 and stand for over an hour waiting for the bus. It took several hours for the bus to clear the border. Made for a long aggravating day.

We've done quick shuttle a couple other times. Don't know pricing though.

Archived