Haifa to Caesarea

kasi1979

Hi everybody,

we are cruising with RCCl this September to the Holy Land. If the situation does not deteriote we plan to be in Haifa on September 26th.

We would love to take a half day tour (up to 5 hours) to Caeserea. Unfortunately, I cannot find a tour company that goes there and a stated price. RCCL does not offer a tour to that destination.

Who can give me a hint and if you have done this tour before, how much id it cost?

Looking forward to hear of your experience.

Thanks.

Hi everybody,

we are cruising with RCCl this September to the Holy Land. If the situation does not deteriote we plan to be in Haifa on September 26th.

We would love to take a half day tour (up to 5 hours) to Caeserea. Unfortunately, I cannot find a tour company that goes there and a stated price. RCCL does not offer a tour to that destination.

Who can give me a hint and if you have done this tour before, how much id it cost?

Looking forward to hear of your experience.

Thanks.

We are using "Moti Bar-Tuv" for all 4 days in Israel in September (including a trip to Caeserea). I will post a review when we are back but at least he was prompt and detailed in his answers. You can contact Moti at moti@travel-israel.info.

Moti may also be able to help you figure out a way to do it on your own, perhaps via negotiating for a taxi? I think Caesarea is about a half-hour or perhaps a little more from Haifa.

Caesaria is perhaps 30 minutes drive from Haifa, BUT, if you take a taxi, you will need to make him wait for you. Once you have figured in the cost of a return trip and waiting time, you may as well take on a guide who can of course also show you around explain what you are looking at.

Many guides will not work half days since their expenses are the same, they likely need to rent a vehicle and they end up limiting their earning power when they could possibly find a full day tour instead.

There are plenty of other things to see around Haifa. Perhaps you should consider a visit to Zichron Yaakov, Elijah's cave, or Caesaria could also be combined with Tziporri or Megiddo or Akko. So perhaps you could make a full day out of it.

This would be an easy trip to do a rental car. It's a well-done main highway between the two. Caesarea is a wonderful place - don't miss it if you can help it. I've gone there twice and I would love to go again. You really don't need a tour set up for it.

Archived