Cost of daily activities on board ?

nuekruizer

Im looking forward to my first cruise on Summit next June. Looking over past daily programs many activites have a ** stating that there is a "fee "( ie, martini mixology, iphotoing, etc). What is a typical fee for these activities?, Which I presume only last an hour or less. (Seems somewhat unfair given the price of the cruise and all the extras you already have to pay for, including raised specialty dining fees). Thanks!

I can't quote you specifics, but generally they are reasonable I think. I am one of the people on these boards often complaining about the nickel and diming that seems to be going on lately, but in the case of these activities I generally do not have a problem. Why? Well, for example, the drink activities include drinking the alcohol in question. The technology related class charges are comparable to what you would find on land for the same thing. IMHO these are truly 'extras' and charging for them seems reasonable to me (with the possible exception of charging extra for certain exercise classes - that one I do not get as I think exercise room staff should be able to handle them as a part of their job). There are plenty of free activities onboard as well especially on sea days so no one should ever be at a lack of something to do.

For fee related activities like martini tastings etc. usually between $15 and $25. Then there is stuff like bingo and spa visits that can get expensive. Theres plenty of free stuff to keep you entertained too, I've never been bored on a cruise ship.

The technology related class charges are comparable to what you would find on land for the same thing.

We thought our two Celebrity cruises last year were great BUT fyi, all of HAL's computer classes are free. They have teamed up with Microsoft and have a lot to offer including camera classes.

I am concerned about the rising extra fees on Celebrity.

Celebrity has a mix of fee-based and no-charge computer classes. The wine tasting and liquor tasting and mixology are all fee-based. Lots of the food tasting and demonstrations are free. There is a mix of free and paid exercise classes. Nothing in the spa is free, although sometimes there is a chair set up outside the spa where they are giving five minute neck massages as a come-on to their other services.

When it comes to the point, where I compare the total prize for a cruise on a Celebrity ship with other cruise offers, I add about $150 per person per day to the basic Cabin prize. Premium Package, a few visits in special restaurants, one day spa visit, land excursions, extra tip... having all that spendings out of my mind, makes me very relaxed on a cruise.

We thought our two Celebrity cruises last year were great BUT fyi, all of HAL's computer classes are free. They have teamed up with Microsoft and have a lot to offer including camera classes.

That is all well and good if you have a PC laptop but they don't teach MacBooks or iPads..................

Archived