Obstructive view cabin

atltraveler01

I recently booked a cruise on the Oceania Nautica and selected an A3 stateroom - cabin #7112. When I received the confirmation from the online travel agency, it stated that this cabin had an "obstructive view balcony". In looking at the deck plan, I can't see how the balcony view could be obstructed, unless it's referring to the dividing wall in between the cabin balconies. I can't find anything on the Oceania website that indicates that the view is obstructed. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have any knowledge as to why this is an "obstructive view balcony"? I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

I recently booked a cruise on the Oceania Nautica and selected an A3 stateroom - cabin #7112. When I received the confirmation from the online travel agency, it stated that this cabin had an "obstructive view balcony". In looking at the deck plan, I can't see how the balcony view could be obstructed, unless it's referring to the dividing wall in between the cabin balconies. I can't find anything on the Oceania website that indicates that the view is obstructed. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have any knowledge as to why this is an "obstructive view balcony"? I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

They are probably talking about the slope of the hull above the railing

It really is not obstructing your view

Also if you hang over the rail your view aft is blocked by the window washing equipment

Nothing to worry about

Lyn

Yes, it is more of an "obstructive view" and is also slightly smaller.

Cabins 7112 and 7117 (identical but on the port side) are slightly smaller than the neighbouring cabins 7110 and 7117. Also the stateroom door into corridor is a narrower door than its neighbour.

Originally Posted by noiselab: From a ship visit in Copenhagen, I have posted an extensive collection of photos of the public areas of the ship. There are also a number menus to enjoy vicariously. Finally, I have photographed the entire side of the ship in fairly high resolution to help you in you stateroom selection.

Most photos are high resolution, so to zoom, place your mouse over the photo and a menu will pop up on the right side of the screen. O is for original, i.e. full size.

http://carsten.smugmug.com/Ships/Oce...8087054_JfppWC

Enjoy I have attached one of Carsten's photos showing back of Insignia (same as Nautica & Regatta)

Carsten

7112 is last cabin from the back 2nd row of balconies up. The diagonal wall makes the balcony more restrictive. We have had one of the neighbouring cabins and it did appear much bigger than the one you are looking at. You cannot see this in website deck plan.

DSC0978-M.jpg.13e1e087f2a9a316a5f640f6edb0d4d0.jpg

Edited by trina2
added

They are probably talking about the slope of the hull above the railing

[...]

Lyn

Thanks Lyn, that's sounds a lot better than "diagonal wall":o

I don't suppose you could translate my poor attempt to describe position of cabin on photo as well? :p

Thanks Lyn, that's sounds a lot better than "diagonal wall":o

I don't suppose you could translate my poor attempt to describe position of cabin on photo as well? :p

I think you did OK there :D

• 3 years later...

I have also been allocated Insignia cabin 7117, for a 180 day world cruise in July. The reason is, I had a cabin selected by me on the Insignia but the fire cancelled that cruise. After waiting 2.5 months on Gty ( guarantee) for a cabin the same or better, this is the best they said they could do. Given the length of time we will be in this cabin I need to hear from someone that has experienced 7117 or 7112 on any of these R class ships ( regatta or Nautica or insignia ).

I fear that from previous comments there is an obstructed view, the cabin is slightly smaller, and the door is narrower, plus perhaps other observations I am unaware of.

The cruise wholesaler is trying to tell me that there is no issues connected with these cabins.

Please help, any comments will be greatly received.

I have also been allocated Insignia cabin 7117, for a 180 day world cruise in July. The reason is, I had a cabin selected by me on the Insignia but the fire cancelled that cruise. After waiting 2.5 months on Gty ( guarantee) for a cabin the same or better, this is the best they said they could do. Given the length of time we will be in this cabin I need to hear from someone that has experienced 7117 or 7112 on any of these R class ships ( regatta or Nautica or insignia ).

I fear that from previous comments there is an obstructed view, the cabin is slightly smaller, and the door is narrower, plus perhaps other observations I am unaware of.

The cruise wholesaler is trying to tell me that there is no issues connected with these cabins.

We were not in those cabins but in 7115 but the only obstruction is the top of the balcony area where it slopes on the hull

If you lean over the railing you will see the window washing apparatus

If you use the search feature & put those cabin number in you will come up with other discussions on the subject probably with photos

Welcome to CC, John Pryor

Is 7117 really an obstructed view? I thought it was A3 concierge so has a balcony.

What is the cabin category? There are a couple of OV cabin categories. For obstructed view on the R-ships the category is perhaps more important than the specific cabin or location.

The R-ships are not large so being located at one end or the other the walk to an elevator is not far. I believe the launderette is on deck 7 and on a WC that would be a bonus for me.

Edited by YoHoHo