Getting from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando?

Wandering_star

Can anyone recommend a shuttle/bus or any other way to get from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando (specifically Disney World)? We are planning for a post-cruise sidetrip in mid November.

We are looking at taking amtrak (the BF likes trains :)) but we are concerned about the cab fare from the station to the park. Can anyone recommend a shuttle company?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Amtrak is OK but IMO would be a waste of time for you....cab fare from the Orlando station to Disney could be about 50 bucks or more..sometimes there are shuttle vans that are at the station and may be a little cheaper.....you'd probably have a longer ride as they like to fill up.

The trains - there are only 2 per day...are not always on time...unless you aren't worried about that..

i would rent a car one way and drive..about 4 hours..actually i have driven...that way you'd have a car to get around Orlando too..

We're doing the opposite in January (Orlando first, then cruise) and have been advised to rent a car. After a lot of research, it does seem to be the cheapest and most convenient option. Hope you have fun! I love Disney. :)

We are going to Universal Orlando(Island Advanture Harry Potter) next January.

Archived