Hotel Se San Diego

edgeman61

Found what appears to be a good price for the Se San Diego (4 star). I have read some reviews that are somewhat mixed. Apparently the hotel is a popular night spot for the younger (than me) crowd and the revelry lasts till 2:00AM. On the positive side it appears to be a beautiful building.

Has anyone on CC stayed there for a pre or post cruise and what were your impressions?

The DW and I are not "party people" so a active night life at the hotel is not a plus in our minds.

The hotel is in the Gaslamp district and for the price is quite a value that is assuming we can get a good nights sleep

We visited the room of some fellow cruisers who stayed there last year. It is a modern hotel . It is on the edge of the gaslamp in downtown. I had found a great deal for them there and so the price made them VERY happy!

I would only stay there at a wonderful price point.( as close to or under $100)

There are other hotels downtown that I prefer for views/amenities etc.

We visited the room of some fellow cruisers who stayed there last year. It is a modern hotel . It is on the edge of the gaslamp in downtown. I had found a great deal for them there and so the price made them VERY happy!

I would only stay there at a wonderful price point.( as close to or under $100)

There are other hotels downtown that I prefer for views/amenities etc.

We picked up a room for $133 + TTL, on paper it sounded good as the rooms list for $400+. I'm having buyer's remorse as I really just want a quiet, clean, comfortable room, near downtown to relax in after seeing the city and prepare for our cruise the next morning.

What are your favorite downtown hotels?

Thanks in advance.

HI,

Not sure when you are coming or if there are any "great deals" for those nights?

I like the Solamar best for a romantic downtown stay.

I like the Bayfront Hilton in their bay view( not bridge view) rooms. I like the Gaslamp Marriott (if you don't care about no pool) and the Omni.

Many cruisers stay at the Holiday Inn San Diego ON the Bay.

We stayed and didn't realize there were 3 different buildings so IF you stay there I prefer the south building in a bayview room.

The door to the SE' is a work of modern art. It weighs tons - literally - and gives this surreal impression somewhere between entering a bank vault and rolling away the stone from a tomb. The lobby is quite dark, on purpose, with dark wood floors, sheepskin rugs and a mid-century meets luxe warehouse feel.

That said, I can't speak to the rooms as we were sent to the Omni due to an overbooking snafu on the hotel's part. The manager who handled the situation was gracious and apologetic, but his graciousness did not extend to covering the cab fare to get to the Omni (after we'd just gotten out of a cab to go to the Se').

The Omni was great, if a little bland the way most big convention hotels are a little bland.

Archived