Only one opportunity to get tickets for ice skating show?

dln929

We never get tickets for the ice show and have not had a problem getting seats. We attend the last show on the second day of shows and it has never been crowded. They open the doors to anyone about 10 minutes before the show starts. We've seen shows on the Mariner, Freedom & Explorer and we have always enjoyed them.

Sherri:)

Looking at the Cruise Compass, it seems like the tickets have to be collected on embarkation day at certain designated hours. Surely I can pick up tickets some other time or is that really it?

You shouldnt have a problem on Voyager of the seas, even if you don't pick up tickets on the promenade as announced in the compass. If you miss that, you can check with Guest Services. You can also wait on the stand by line 20-30 minutes prior to show time!

Enjoy!

It really isn't that good. If you have ever been to and Ice Capades or Disney on Ice than you have seen better..

Kind of tough to compare. If I'm not mistaken, those are on full size rinks.

The ice shows are really quite good IMHO. The skaters are very talented. The sound and lighting are very high quality.

At one point it actually started snowing.:D

It really isn't that good. If you have ever been to and Ice Capades or Disney on Ice than you have seen better..

I would agree this is a very unfair comparison. The ship is always moving, the ice is not of high "show" quality, the rink size is less than a quarter the size of a "normal" rink. Yet the performers do all the jumps, spins and tricks you would expect to see from a Ice Capades or Disney on Ice show.

This is definitely an unfair comparison. The ice shows have always been a don't miss for us. I can't say the same for any of the other shows!

The Ice Capades & Disney skaters don't have to be concerned about where the ice is going to be when they land a jump. Nor do they have to work in such a confined area.

Looking at the Cruise Compass, it seems like the tickets have to be collected on embarkation day at certain designated hours. Surely I can pick up tickets some other time or is that really it?

Which ship?

Just wondering because on NOS twice this year and we didn't

have to get tickets ahead of time.

BTW, The NOS skating show is great, a don't miss.

We have followed skating over the decades and have

seen, and met, many top skaters in person...yet these

skaters do a lot on a small surface in the middle of the ocean.

The NOS skaters are former competition skaters and they do deliver.

Have fun.

:cool::cool:

I did not have to get tickets for my Voyger of the Seas in Dec. 2010 or March 2011, but I did have to get tickets on my prior Voyager OTS cruises. If you don't get tickets, try showing up for one of the later shows. The shows the first day are usually much more crowded. The 4th show (a day or two after the 1st show day) usually has vacant seats.

I just came back from FOS and we didn't book online and we didn't wait in the line on embarkation day. We had the late seating, and while we didn't go to any of the shows scheduled at 7 pm (for the late dinner crowd), we went to the ones at 10:45 and got in no problem. They weren't fully booked, so they were allowing everyone to go in (without waiting until 10 min prior to showtime). They just had people scanning sea pass cards at the door--no tickets. I ended up going to the last ice show at 3 p.m. on Friday--also no problem getting in.

On our IOS cruise in July we got tickets for ice show. There were times to collect them but we missed this for some reason, i asked at guest relations desk and they had tickets just sitting on the table that you could pick up. Loads left so presume not as popular on our sailing. We ended up not going as weather was too good to be inside during day! Other cruisers told us the show was very good.

Archived