Question about clamshells on GSC

emcelh

Understand you rent the clamshell at the shore excursion desk. Is that correct? When you get to the island how do you go about claiming one. Is it first come, first served for the location and, if you're in the water, how do others know that your clamshell is occupied? Also, we're in a suite so we should be able to get on one of the earlier tenders.

Thanks for any information you can give us.

Understand you rent the clamshell at the shore excursion desk. Is that correct? When you get to the island how do you go about claiming one. Is it first come, first served for the location and, if you're in the water, how do others know that your clamshell is occupied? Also, we're in a suite so we should be able to get on one of the earlier tenders.

Thanks for any information you can give us.

Yes...you book the thru the Shore Ex desk.

When you get to GSC, there will be beach attendants. Give them your clam shell ticket, and they will assist you in selecting one (it is first come first serve as far as location). They will keep an eye on your clamshell during the day...no one will take it by mistake.

Thanks SeaShark. I appreciate the information.
We too were on the first tender and you definately want to get there early as there are mutiple rows with the first row looking at the water and the others looking at the back of the clamshells in front of them!;):eek:

You buy the clamshell at Shore Excursion desk. It is $29 and comes with 2 lounge chairs and a priority tender ticket. So you want to go with the first tender with the suites, etc. because it is first come, first served. You want a clamshell with the mesh in it and in the front row of clam shells so you get some air. The beach attendant will put a reserved sticker through the clamshell and you can put your towel down and stuff. 3 weeks ago I went with the suites and got my tender, put my stuff down and then grabbed the tender back and had my breakfast and then we came out together.

You buy the clamshell at Shore Excursion desk. It is $29 and comes with 2 lounge chairs and a priority tender ticket. So you want to go with the first tender with the suites, etc. because it is first come, first served. You want a clamshell with the mesh in it and in the front row of clam shells so you get some air. The beach attendant will put a reserved sticker through the clamshell and you can put your towel down and stuff. 3 weeks ago I went with the suites and got my tender, put my stuff down and then grabbed the tender back and had my breakfast and then we came out together.

Thanks Pat. You have to wait until you're onboard to reserve it, don't you?

Question:

If you purchase a clamshell, do you still pick your chair on the beach and they put the clamshell there? OR is there a certain area of the beach where the clamshells are used and you dont get a choice where you sit?

THANKS

You pick which available clamshell you would like...the two loungers come with the clamshell.

Archived