Ordering Eggcrate mattress topper

San Diego Ellie

We have always asked for a topper, before we have faxed a request. Its always been on the bed. Last time I asked for additional pillows with one being a feather pillow. They were there also.

This time I called and asked for the topper and pillows and I saw they are on my special services section as posted by someone.

hope this loads

That is the old style they used to use. Now they have gone to thin pieces of foam without the actual egg crate design, but just slightly (very slightly) bumpy, and they are less than 1/2-1" thick now, depending on how much they have been used. Even two doesn't make that much of a difference if you like a mattress that is not extra firm we feel.

Hi:

Easy solution: Call 1-800 Princess, tell the representative what your booking number is and what you would like. It's that easy, I did it this afternoon and 5 minutes later it was on the cruise personalizer.

Synet165:)

That is the old style they used to use. Now they have gone to thin pieces of foam without the actual egg crate design, but just slightly (very slightly) bumpy, and they are less than 1/2-1" thick now, depending on how much they have been used. Even two doesn't make that much of a difference if you like a mattress that is not extra firm we feel.

i agree. i always ask for one and it still doesn't cut it for me. i've never tried 2, but can't imagine sleeping on the bed with nothing. i've had about a 75% success rate asking for one and having it on my bed.

We have cruised 11 times with Princess, each time I have faxed a request for an egg crate mattress and last time I called Princess and even got an email confirming my request yet I have never had it on our bed when we arrive. We always have to ask the steward for it. Now that they are so thin I ask for a comforter to be folded in half and put on my side of the bed under the sheet because their mattress is too hard for me. With the egg crate and comforter, I'm able to tolerate the mattress.

Do we really need a topper or are most of the respondents to this thread back sufferers :confused: (I'm not trying to be funny or insulting).

If you are used to sleeping on an extra firm (non pillow top) mattress, you probably will be fine. ;)

For some reason the search feature if gone for me today, so at the risk of asking for information that has already been dealt with SOMEWHERE, here is my question. I read some time ago of exactly where and how to email, call or whatever the necessary dept. to make sure you have an eggcrate topper for your mattress on your upcoming cruise (Mine is two weeks away). Sadly I did not copy the information and do not remember it. For longer cruises, we bring our own much better topper that we buy at Walmart and discard on the cruise, but this is only a seven day, so I do not want to bother with that.

Can someone give me the information on how and where to order it from Princess? Thanks!

Ellie

alaska (sapphire)- i called. they said ok. no topper when i arrived :(

the next day I asked the stewart for one. when i came back from dinner, it was put in.

i didnt notice a difference tho :eek:

We have cruised 11 times with Princess' date=' each time I have faxed a request for an egg crate mattress and last time I called Princess and even got an email confirming my request yet I have never had it on our bed when we arrive. We always have to ask the steward for it. Now that they are so thin I ask for a comforter to be folded in half and put on my side of the bed under the sheet because their mattress is too hard for me. With the egg crate and comforter, I'm able to tolerate the mattress.[/quote']

Yep this is pretty much been my experience too. I stopped even asking for them since I have always had to ask the steward, why duplicate my efforts when this only aggravates me!

All the mattresses are the same. Our mattresses in the mini's we have booked have been pretty bad. Princess is my favorite cruise line, but I can say that RCL and even Carnival have more comfortable beds. I always feel like I am sleeping on a sofa sleeper.

Eggcrate topper question:

Are the minisuite mattresses more comfortable, or do they also need a topper?

I have carried it in a suitcase, as we always have to fly to the port. I just put it in a space bag, which compresses it more for transport.

I just ask the room steward to place it on the bed when he/she makes the room up for the evening, never a problem, but I also tip a bit extra as I feel this is going above and beyond his/her normal duties.

I normally just leave ours on the ship, too hard to get it back in the suitcase to fly home. If I wasn't flying, I would definitely be taking it home with me to use on the next cruise. I would just bring a duffle bag for bringing it onboard, and taking it home again.. A small investment to make for knowing the bed will be comfortable for the cruise. Plus, we don't usually take shorter cruises, so for us, it is the perfect answer for minimal $$$$ to assure us both a good nights sleep.

Do you have a particular type/brand that you like? I have noticed that some are not worth anything and others are good. I am a princess and the pea type sleeper and like the soft beds.

Do you have a particular type/brand that you like? I have noticed that some are not worth anything and others are good. I am a princess and the pea type sleeper and like the soft beds.

Any type of memory foam 1 1/2" - 2" works for me. I shop around until I can find one that I don't have to sell my first born child to invest in, since we normally leave it behind. ;) I am also a 'Princess and the Pea' type of person, and so is my DH...............

Just got back from the Sapphire. The bed was really hard, even with one topper, so we got a second, and it was then fine. I had initially asked Special Services for two, but they only gave me one, so I got a second from our cabin steward upon arrival.

Well, sorry, but I think it's unfair of Princess to allow US citizens to pre order things like egg crate toppers and bath robes in the staterooms, while we UK citizens, who have to travel a whole lot further to join the cruise ship, don't have these options.

Well, sorry, but I think it's unfair of Princess to allow US citizens to pre order things like egg crate toppers and bath robes in the staterooms, while we UK citizens, who have to travel a whole lot further to join the cruise ship, don't have these options.

In my last 17 cruises I ordered a topper and never got it once! Had to ask my steward onboard everytime! So you're not missing much!

Bathrobes can't actually be pre-ordered. Although they can be checked off on the Princess Personalizer section, I have never known anyone at Princess to pay attention to it, or the requests checked off there. EVERYONE is entitled to the use of a bathrobe in any category cabin booked. The reason some are not in the staterooms when boarding is because they are being laundered from the previous guests. So, no favoritism on the robe front. Just ask your room steward when you meet them and they will have it there ready for you as soon as it comes back from the laundry.

As for the mattress toppers. You can fax or have your TA call Princess and request this no matter where you live. They can not be pre-ordered on the Princess Personalizer or anywhere online, but must be requested by the passenger either by phone call or fax (or having your TA do this for you). There are no rules I have ever heard of or read about where those from the UK can not also request a mattress topper a month before their cruise sails. ;)

Archived