Ordering Eggcrate mattress topper

San Diego Ellie

For some reason the search feature if gone for me today, so at the risk of asking for information that has already been dealt with SOMEWHERE, here is my question. I read some time ago of exactly where and how to email, call or whatever the necessary dept. to make sure you have an eggcrate topper for your mattress on your upcoming cruise (Mine is two weeks away). Sadly I did not copy the information and do not remember it. For longer cruises, we bring our own much better topper that we buy at Walmart and discard on the cruise, but this is only a seven day, so I do not want to bother with that.

Can someone give me the information on how and where to order it from Princess? Thanks!

Ellie

You can fax your request to 661-284-4885 or call Princess. But keep in mind, either way you do it, the request may not go through and there is about a 50/50 chance that you won't have to ask your cabin steward again when you arrive.

If you fax, send your names, booking number, ships name, cabin number, sailing date, etc. with the request.

I faxed my request in several months back to the number above and it has been noted on my cruise personalizer.

Yes, after they receive it, it will show up on your personalizer a few weeks before sailing. But that doesn't guarantee in any way it will be there when you arrive. Ours has always showed up on our personalizer, but less than 50% of the time our room steward has been aware of the request. ;)

We have had the same luck as Toto stated. About half the time the 2 toppers are on the bed. We just try to save the room steward from having to remake the bed by early requesting the toppers so by all means give it a try!!!!

I've enjoyed 100% success uisng the following format. I do, however, wait until about six weeks prior to sailaway. The info has to be forwarded to the ship during the cruise prior to yours. Paper work has been known to get lost/misplaced while sitting around in the best of offices. :p

You could wait until boarding and request one from your cabin steward. Two problems with that: They occasionally run out and, more important, your steward has better things to do on sailaway day than make up your bed a second time.

Booking Number-

Voyage Number & Cruise ship-

Sail Date -

Cabin Number -

Phone Number -

Web Address -

Fax Transmittal Form

To: Princess Cruises From:

ATTN: Special Services

Fax: 661 284 4885

Please request cabin steward place a mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

Thank You

I've enjoyed 100% success uisng the following format. I do, however, wait until about six weeks prior to sailaway. The info has to be forwarded to the ship during the cruise prior to yours. Paper work has been known to get lost/misplaced while sitting around in the best of offices. :p

You could wait until boarding and request one from your cabin steward. Two problems with that: They occasionally run out and, more important, your steward has better things to do on sailaway day than make up your bed a second time.

Booking Number-

Voyage Number & Cruise ship-

Sail Date -

Cabin Number -

Phone Number -

Web Address -

Fax Transmittal Form

To: Princess Cruises From:

ATTN: Special Services

Fax: 661 284 4885

Please request cabin steward place a mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

Thank You

That the same format I have used for years, and still only have a 50% success rate when sending the info about 6 weeks before sailing.

Stevesan's right. If you apply about 6 weeks ahead of your cruise, it will show up in the Cruise Personalizer under "Special Services" even if booked through a TA. Apparently no action is taken before the 6 weeks out date no matter how far ahead you request.

We requested ours through a phone call with Princess and it has not showed up in our Personalizer. We called this week and they assured us it was already in our requests along with a top sheet.

Maybe they have quit posting it in the Personalizer?

We requested ours through a phone call with Princess and it has not showed up in our Personalizer. We called this week and they assured us it was already in our requests along with a top sheet.

Could be. but reassuring to know. I'm sort of OCD about the cabin and bed. I have to rest alot. :)

Pat

For those of you that have brought your own mattress topper onto the ship:

1. Have you stuffed it in a suitcase, or brought it onboard in it's original packaging?

2. Did you put it on the bed yourself or ask the room steward to do it?

3. Did you take it home with you? (assuming you didn't fly to your departure port)

4. If you did not take it home, what did you do with it?

I have asked twice for the mattress topper and robe and they did not appear either time. I asked my room steward and they were there before dinner. IMHO, the topper really doesn't do anything. I had a very sore back the first 3 days but then my back got accustomed to the mattress and I was fine.

As a sidenote, I told my steward, Moises, not to bother with the topper until the next day but he did it within minutes anyway.

For those of you that have brought your own mattress topper onto the ship:

1. Have you stuffed it in a suitcase, or brought it onboard in it's original packaging?

2. Did you put it on the bed yourself or ask the room steward to do it?

3. Did you take it home with you? (assuming you didn't fly to your departure port)

4. If you did not take it home, what did you do with it?

I have carried it in a suitcase, as we always have to fly to the port. I just put it in a space bag, which compresses it more for transport.

I just ask the room steward to place it on the bed when he/she makes the room up for the evening, never a problem, but I also tip a bit extra as I feel this is going above and beyond his/her normal duties.

I normally just leave ours on the ship, too hard to get it back in the suitcase to fly home. If I wasn't flying, I would definitely be taking it home with me to use on the next cruise. I would just bring a duffle bag for bringing it onboard, and taking it home again.. A small investment to make for knowing the bed will be comfortable for the cruise. Plus, we don't usually take shorter cruises, so for us, it is the perfect answer for minimal $$$$ to assure us both a good nights sleep.

It doesn't show up ***** your personilizer

It doesn't show up ***** your personilizer

About 6-7 weeks prior to your cruise, go to your Personalizer and click on "View Travel Summary, Boarding Pass & Luggage Tags," then in the top section on the right, click on "Special Services."

Mine's there! :)

About 6-7 weeks prior to your cruise, go to your Personalizer and click on "View Travel Summary, Boarding Pass & Luggage Tags," then in the top section on the right, click on "Special Services."

Mine's there! :)

Thank you, we found it. We would never have found that, seems like they try to hide it. Why not have it under "special request" which seems logical. :D

Thank you, we found it. We would never have found that, seems like they try to hide it. Why not have it under "special request" which seems logical. :D

Good question. I found it only by accident.....just clicking around. I'm actually not that smart. lol

Anyway, now we know where to look (if only I can remember how next time).

Archived