Overwhelmed by all different beaches! Here's what I want... can you help me choose??

bizzylady

Ok, I am kind of overwhelmed looking at all the different beaches and things to do in Cozumel. We are taking our FIRST Carnival Cruise in November. I think I want to try to do things on my own, instead of booking thru Carnival.

I am 52 and my husband is 51. We are laid-back people, who just want to chill and have a good time. Not huge drinkers, but will have some drinks for sure. Love to eat good food!! (who doesn't?) lol. Not really sure if even going in the water, but want a pretty beach.

This is the type of beach I am looking for - (also, please see one more question at the very end of this post)

1-We are looking for a nice beach, for mostly adults, although I don't mind a few kids, but just don't want the #1 place that kids like to go,and have tons of kids running, playing and screaming.

2- chairs or hammocks to lay on and have someone come around to serve drinks.

3- restaurant (or a place close to get food... good food!)

4- Beautiful beach, good scenery. We may or may not even get in the water, but will be walking by the water and maybe wading in.

5 - Must have umbrellas or something where we can have shade while lying or sitting on the beach. I don't like sitting in the sun too long.

6 - Have kayaks or small boats that we can use (and would that be included? or have a fee?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

***ALSO - If we do a beach thing like this and stay maybe 3 hours(?), will we still have time to go shopping and do other things before the ship leaves? I am so new to all this, so just trying to make sure. And so do we bring clothes in a bag to change in? or go back to the ship and change????? so many questions! :confused:

Ok, I am kind of overwhelmed looking at all the different beaches and things to do in Cozumel. We are taking our FIRST Carnival Cruise in November. I think I want to try to do things on my own, instead of booking thru Carnival.

I am 52 and my husband is 51. We are laid-back people, who just want to chill and have a good time. Not huge drinkers, but will have some drinks for sure. Love to eat good food!! (who doesn't?) lol. Not really sure if even going in the water, but want a pretty beach.

This is the type of beach I am looking for - (also, please see one more question at the very end of this post)

1-We are looking for a nice beach, for mostly adults, although I don't mind a few kids, but just don't want the #1 place that kids like to go,and have tons of kids running, playing and screaming.

4- Beautiful beach, good scenery. We may or may not even get in the water, but will be walking by the water and maybe wading in.

5 - Must have umbrellas or something where we can have shade while lying or sitting on the beach. I don't like sitting in the sun too long.

6 - Have kayaks or small boats that we can use (and would that be included? or have a fee?)

***ALSO - If we do a beach thing like this and stay maybe 3 hours(?), will we still have time to go shopping and do other things before the ship leaves? I am so new to all this, so just trying to make sure. And so do we bring clothes in a bag to change in? or go back to the ship and change????? so many questions! :confused:

I don't know what time your ship will arrive. If early i would recommend Nachi cocom. They open at 9 in the morning. You could stay til after Lunch and then take a taxi back to go shopping even tho it's hard to leave that place. We never want to leave:D. They have plenty of shops at the pier too.

Were you reading my mind when you asked these questions? :D

I don't know what time your ship will arrive. If early i would recommend Nachi cocom. They open at 9 in the morning. You could stay til after Lunch and then take a taxi back to go shopping even tho it's hard to leave that place. We never want to leave:D. They have plenty of shops at the pier too.

Our ship is in Cozumel from 1 PM to 10 PM, so Nachi is not an option since it closes at 5 PM.

I am hoping that there are other ideas here in CCland..

I will try my best to answer below in red. We have to some of the beaches in Cozumel and researched a lot. We are returning again in Nov and are reviewing all of the options again, based on our group.

Like I said above, we have gone to a few of the beaches with and without our kids. We have never had an issue with tons of kids running and screaming. This would be hard to predict. It will depend on the particular day you are there and it may not be the kids that are screaming. For example, we were in Nachi Cocum in Jan. There were a group of 3 couples that talking extremely loud, laughing and "screaming" for 4 hours straight. The whole beach area could hear them. Also, Nachi Cocum would not be my choice for a "beautiful beach". It is okay.

2- chairs or hammocks to lay on and have someone come around to serve drinks. You could get this at Paradise Beach, Chankanaab, Mr. Sanchos. I think all of the main beach clubs have this, though, the Hammocks tend to be in a different area then the chairs and umbrellas.

Our favorite is Chankanaab. There is an open air restaurant on the beach.

By far, Chankanaab - It is also a National Park. All of the other beach clubs are a typical beach. Chankanaab is on a reef, is a park, has beautiful trees, beautiful lagoon. We have been back 6 times because we feel it is the best setting and atmosphere.

6 - Have kayaks or small boats that we can use (and would that be included? or have a fee?) I know Paradise beach does. Not too sure on this one.

***ALSO - If we do a beach thing like this and stay maybe 3 hours(?), will we still have time to go shopping and do other things before the ship leaves? I am not sure since your ship has the later hours but I would imagine that the shops do not close until every last cruise passengers is back on the ship! They want your money!! I think Chankanaab is open until 6:00 but double check. I am sure the shops by the pier would be open until the ship leaves but I am not sure.

I am so new to all this, so just trying to make sure. And so do we bring clothes in a bag to change in? or go back to the ship and change????? so many questions! :confused:

Nachi Cocom meets all of your requirements: great beach, nice view, quiet, relaxing, clean, lots of shaded seats, good food and drinks, wonderful service, plus a pool (w/swim-up bar! :D) and a hot tub.

I did not see any small boats or kayaks, but they do rent (for about $7) thick foam floating mattress things - great for relaxing in the water - and offer snorkel tours, beach massages, jet skis, etc.

Try the chips with guaucamole, the shrinp, and 3-4 dirty monkey's! :eek: Good luck! :)

I highly recommend Nachi Cocum or Chankanaab. Both are beautiful with plenty of palapas and hammocks when we have been there.

Both also have a swimming pool

If food and drink are high on your list, you may want to consider Nachi since your $49 admission includes unlimited drinks (alcoholic or non), an appetizer, entree and dessert.

Chankanaab is much cheaper to get into (I'm thinking it was around $15-20 for general admission) but no food or drink included and it's not cheap. My family of 4 ate lunch there (no alcohol) and it was around $70.

Chankanaab does have more to see, with a lagoon, dolphin swim area and walking paths (it is a national park).

Judging by your wish list, I would lean towards Nachi Cocum. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time wherever you end up! Report back and let us know where you went and what you thought.

Awesome info. How much are the taxis to the different places?

If you search these boards there is a link to the taxi price list - in April when were in Coz last a taxi for 4 to Nachi Cocom was $15. Good luck! :)

Have not been yet. We are going oct 30th and have done lots of research.Then money bar is a $7.00 cab from the port.This place has food, drinks ,:Dsome toys to rent and chairs.The beach doesn't have much sand but snorkeling is good.

I will be the outcast here and say I think you should do Paradise Beach, it has a terrific beach (with water toys, kayaks and floats), wonderful service, food, a pool, a bar, lounge chairs, shade/umbrellas, a massage area, clean restrooms (with showers) and a few shops. There is a cost to use the toys at the beach (12.00) if you do not want to use all the toys, it is a 2.00 fee to use the lounge chairs.

We have gone to Paradise Beach for years - never a disappointment

On you way back to the ship, you can either shop in town (you'll go by the ship) or just go to the pier and there are several shops and restaurants to enjoy before you get back on the ship. If you do the pier, stop at Poncho's for a beverage before you get on the ship (they have the best Margaritas)

The cost for taxi to Paradise Beach is about 15.00; we'll be there in 2 weeks!!!!

Were you reading my mind when you asked these questions? :D

Our ship is in Cozumel from 1 PM to 10 PM, so Nachi is not an option since it closes at 5 PM.

I am hoping that there are other ideas here in CCland..

Your ship is on ship time- for Nachi Cocum tht is noon. It closes at 5- which is 6pm ship time.

The sun sets before 6pm (island time)

beach will be too dark after 5pm.

Nachi Cocom meets all of your requirements: great beach, nice view, quiet, relaxing, clean, lots of shaded seats, good food and drinks, wonderful service, plus a pool (w/swim-up bar! :D) and a hot tub.

I did not see any small boats or kayaks, but they do rent (for about $7) thick foam floating mattress things - great for relaxing in the water - and offer snorkel tours, beach massages, jet skis, etc.

Try the chips with guaucamole, the shrinp, and 3-4 dirty monkey's! :eek: Good luck! :)

Just looked up dirty monkey....I will be trying that!:D

Archived